Le pitchfork is bad meme

>le pitchfork is bad meme

When will it die? 9 times out of 10 they're spot on with their ratings. Also they don't take themselves too seriously, their reviews are often times humors and insightful. Just search for one of your favorite albums, I bet you'll agree with the review.

>inb4 mariachi slipknot

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/
youtube.com/watch?v=C5EGHzpZxvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even if you hate Tool with a bleeding passion...

implying that doesnt deserve a higher score

that was pre-conde nast pitchfork

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/
"They don't take themselves too seriously"
Good joke.

>every memerap album gets high scores
Yeah, they really are spot on.

...you will agree that it deserves a lower score.

Worst example you could have chosen, Brent is a meme lord of the highest order

They're okay sometimes, but with highly praised albums, they just jerk off to themselves with their reviews---it sounds like something a college freshman english major would write on their Tumblr blog. I remember reading the review for one of Touche Amore's last albums and they just went waaaay too deep for a band that's really just a post hardcore band. It made me want to throw up in my mouth. Then take the Blonde review..."something we can't march to" LOL wtf it's a god damn album. Frank Ocean isn't some political figure.

They can just be extremely pretentious sometimes and also the fact they've went back and rescored past albums (see ITAOTS) is laughable.

Also, they seem to jerk off to most rap artists. For example, OP's picture. I have no qualms with Lil B, but the fact his albums get better scores than other well-deserving artist is just plain silly...that goes for Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka. I don't understand their fascination with rap artists. I'm the last person to scream "cucks", but good lord, it seems if you're black you get at least a 3 point boost from Pitchfork.

Am I the only one who likes lil b unironically?

How? Its a review from pitchfork and is the most pretentious thing I've ever read in my life.

You were saying?

Yes, because everyone has been talking about this album.

It's the prime example of meme rap and it wasn't rated highly on pitchfork. So your previous statement was wrong.

Well, maybe not all of it but blond got a 9.0.

>r&b is meme rap
okay

uhhh yea everyone HAS been talking about this album

Same shit in my ears

Sorry, I don't follow rap discussion.

yea i can tell
doesn't stop you from acting like you do though, huh?

It's not like following hip hop gives you insight into the admittedly shallow and superficial genre. A good 90% of it is celebrity gossip, album sales, label feuds, late night TV appearances, culture industry recognition, and other consumerist WWE nonsense for fourteen year-olds.

>learning about something doesn't give you insight into it
>stop liking the things i don't like
ok buddy

>rating music
>thinking your opinion matters

pitchfork is bad because there are no DEVO songs on their 200 best songs of the '70s

I don't really read the reviews anymore, but I still read Ian Cohen's.

Nah mate

Triggered

Because there is a bias

There's not enough competition either, and it's too close to things like Vogue and Vanity Fair,

Then the other thing is so Temples gets a 5.5 Ok fine,

but then in the context of British music it is an 8.1, it's well thought out and crafted with a complete look and feel to it

But there isn't the fire power in the UK at the moment to communicate to everyone they should buy it

>A good 90% of it is celebrity gossip, album sales, label feuds, late night TV appearances, culture industry recognition, and other consumerist WWE nonsense for fourteen year-olds.

you just described all of pop music

that shit is by no means exclusive to hip-hop

also if you can't tell the difference between hip-hop and RnB you are a fucking spastic

I find it crazy that people will look at an album score and not listen to it. Just listen to the music yourself and then judge.

Oh wait, I'n on Sup Forums and everyone is beta who needs to like what is liked by others.

this is too low imo

>ateralus 1.9
>de-loused in the comatorium 4.9

literally the only thing they get wrong is prog rock, and even that is debatable

almost everything else is a balanced and reasonably objective review (-2 to every memerap album if you want)

pitchfork is garbage

yeah they really hate the mars volta for some reason

or a 9

>>stop liking the things i don't like
Nobody said you aren't allowed to like rancid dogshit though. It's cool you like to wolf down pile after pile after pile of rancid dogshit like the tasteless animal you are. Really, I think that's awesome. I'm just stating that I, personally, would never eat rancid dogshit as it is terrible and disgusting and lazy

>Also they don't take themselves too seriously

youtube.com/watch?v=C5EGHzpZxvg

>that shit is by no means exclusive to hip-hop
Wrongity Wrongity Wrong

>p4k hates proge
Maybe they aren't so bad

this