Why did Rock become so white and Rap did not?

Why did Rock become so white and Rap did not?

PS: Yeah, I know there's Eminem in the picture but c'mon.

Crossboard thread with >>Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2014/10/18/showbiz/jimi-hendrix-invisible-legacy/
youtube.com/watch?v=Md7a9ZH1Z0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those are some pretty shitty """"musicians"""" you have in that picture there

It did. In white countries.

>Crossboard thread with >>Sup Forums
i expect top-tier discussion

I didn't make the picture

At least in Spain most of it is just commies and anarchists, but you're right. I am speaking in terms of an American or global scene

Because we live in a less racist society now then we did when rock was popular. Therefore the general population is fine with listening to black musicians and don't require white musicians to water it down for them

Here's the thread as it's being debated in Sup Forums

Because rock was always white music and rap was always black music.

Rap was invented in black ghettos because turntables were the only "instruments" they could afford

Except that whites made far superior rock than blacks can ever imagine.

>Rock was always white
>Chuck Berry
>Jimi Hendrix

>Because rock was always white music

Because rap is degenerate trash and only sub-100 IQs think that it's real music

Yes, there were some black rock musicians, but the majority of ruck musicians has been white since the 60s.

It was. Ever since it was commercialized by white record company execs in the 50s/60s. Then the mostly white hippie generation happened, the English invented metal and rock music was to be white forevermore.

Rock and roll evolved from rhythm and blues which was black
The entire innovation of rock and roll was the heavy backbeat borrowed from African music

Because rap is easier to make, and takes no talent.

Yes, I know that. It also incorporated elements of country and irish/scottish folk and was appropriated by white musicians. It has been mostly white ever since.

Rock existed in the 40s you uninformed teenager.

>not mentioning folk and country

Delusional nigger.

Because, contrary to popular opinion, rock has always been a mixed genre. Most pre 60s southern genres were to a certain extent.
Hendrix himself commented on how most of his fans were white.

>Hendrix himself commented on how most of his fans were white.
Most rap fans are white too

in terms of fans and consumers both have most 'white' people buying listening

especially in rap cause white teens loves the thuggerism and gangster glamour themes

Hip-hop is superior in every way to every genre before it.

>fans not artists
The point is that rock was based on black innovations in blues and rock and roll mainly.

I'm not a teenager and I know about rythm'n'blues. Rock has been mostly white since the 50s/60s, ever since being commercialized by white record companies and popstars like Elvis, then the mostly white hippie generation happened, the English invented metal and rock music was to be white forevermore.

get a load of this guy

Because some rock music became actually complex and interesting, and the only black people who understand complex/interesting music magnetized towards jazz

Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck came 5 years before.

Yes, but there is still a sizable amount of the black population that listens to hip-hop, that wasn't the case for Hendrix's music.

cnn.com/2014/10/18/showbiz/jimi-hendrix-invisible-legacy/

>fans don't later become artists
Gospel was just as much a playing factor in rock and roll as the other two genres you mentioned.
Elvis, at least when he first entered a recording studio was NOT a popstar, or even looking out to be one. Elvis's sole intention in life was to be a truck driver. The first batch of recordings he made were for his mother and the producer at the helm of the studio thought Elvis was too good to let up.

The first song that got Elvis known regionally wasn't even a rock song.

youtube.com/watch?v=Md7a9ZH1Z0M

If you don't know this you shouldn't be a member of this discussion.

in the terms of people playing / being musicians

the top core of music players still made of black people, drummers, guitarrists, bassists, virtuosos et al

most of them are black, from Brazil to EUA, the jazz, blues, rhythm & blues, bossa nova, samba and obvisiously hip hop core

blacks are the king of rhythm

the best singers still being black

lauryn, elza, miguel, norah jones, dangelo, dvsn, beyoncé, jazmine, erykah

but you have some top musicians fro. other ethinicity there and here on the top like Anousha, the Norah jones sister et. al

modern classical might have the best white musicians, same with the noise music "scene"

the band The Roots is a interesr case of how black artists are the best

one more time is not an race 1 x race 2, white songwriters like Dylan are stil great music contributors

Yeah forgot to mention gospel

it's getting there

When will black people invent the next big genre?

Norah Jones is half indian.

>Beyonce
This is how I know you're stupid.

Just a single composition of Bach is enough to beat all the shit you mentioned together.

get out of my board Sup Forumstard

shes hot atleast, ok shes carried by the production auto-tunes, protoshoping but you just could mention her as a good singer

Where is "cuck"?

rock and roll was invented by greasy niggers though

>he thinks Rock and Rock'n Roll are the same genre

Blacks can't into artistic value, all their music really lack depth. It serves purely as entertainment of the masses.

>She's hot at least
>Opinion discarded

>blacks are the king of rhythm
This
Black music is always rhythmic
When rock and roll became white the focus changed from rhythm and danceability to melody and timbre
Soul, funk, jazz, hip-hip, RnB, dance, all black genres, and all rhythmic

>All their music really lack depth
>Purely as entertainment of the masses
What is blues?

Blacks are never the best singers, they have no artistic depth.

This is why blacks have only had a few great rock artists while whites have had dozens

>what is jazz
>what is blues
>what is soul
>what is conscious hip hop

yeah, this meme needs upgrade

can we all agree that metalrap is the one true genre that will endure for the ages?

>tfw whites did all of that better (except """conscious hip hop""")

>rock
>only singers

Also
>have no artistic depth.
How do you measure that?

You seriously think that whites did blues, soul, and jazz better?

Well that's wrong, you fucking retard.

Music that originally served purely as entertainment of the masses.

Most early 20th century blues we know, contrary to popular belief, wasn't folk music, it was knowingly sold on popular music labels. It was only after the folk revival happened and there was a new white interest in blues that it started being treated as "serious" music by blacks and whites alike.

If you seriously think whites improved jazz, blues and soul then you are either retarded or a pol fanatic. You're probably baiting though

Blues originated as slave music not for the masses

Blacks invented Rock n Roll you ignorant cretin.

They made objectively better blues music.

Blacks have nothing comparable to the Doors or Rolling Stones.

Black blues artists had a few great songs at most, not a single great album

>Most early 20th century blues we know, contrary to popular belief, wasn't folk music, it was knowingly sold on popular music labels
You mean the recordings of black artists made by a white man out in the field, who in turn sold them and took the royalties himself?

>I'm not a teenager
Teenager detected

German language rap > English language rap.
Stay mad.

i like more Wagner and Stravisnky, the goats, ok in terms of complexity

yes maybe in this genre black peolle are lacking the spotlight

idk why James ferraro is the highest non-video game soundtrack ranked on the RYMs some guys consider him as a top modern classical composer, sound like a joke, they ranked Steve Reich "music for 18 musicians" the number one record, sounds like a joke

some mainstream artists are trying to make baroque pop more and more popular again mixing it with alt R&B and hip-hop and neo-soul

Kanye west is playing a good role on it, his 808& heartbreak concert was interest and he got an The life of pablo orchestration remix on the vault too, Frank ocean recently did we in the Endless background music its interesting

i'm happy cause its seems like they will soon try to go more high and high

the only difficult element is their records label who try to put strings on them necause they want to get money on album sales so... they are kind of obligated to create pop music catchy music but i like that Frank

kanye west sales are on downhill cause hes into that "experimental-artsy" route, and at the same time trying to staying relevant to the mainstream crowds

some great musicians doesnot show their talent just to make money, they seel their souls to the industry ( The Weeknd) but the real ones scrap albums to realise what they really want (Grimes)

>Blacks have nothing comparable to the Doors or Rolling Stones.
Like Jimi hendrix?

They did, its called The Doors, Rolling Stones, Pop Group, Captain Beefheart

The only black musical rock genius was Chuck Berry, and his music still has almost no artistic depth

If we're playing the date game then Little Richard came before both of them

>Blacks have nothing comparable to the Doors or Rolling Stones

Forgot about him honeslty, OK thats one person

Whites have literally 20x more

>no artistic depth
Why not?
One person who blew them all away.

Fucking soon I hope

Wasn't jazz, blues, rock and hip-hop enough?

>blew them all away
No. He was only a great guitarist.

>Why not?
What are you asking? Im not sure why he didnt make deeper music all i know is that he did

They better get to work then

That's not what happened and blues didn't originate as field hollers.

Literally all of the original blues recordings were made in studios btw, it wasn't until folklorists gained an interest in blues (in the 1930s, blues has been a vibrant part of the music scene since the 1920s) that "field recordings" became part of the blues. There is not a single piece of music on the Anthology of American Folk Music that wasn't originally marketed as popular music.

And that's all besides the point because the blues of Bessie Smith and Ma Rainey's urban blues became popular almost a decade before country blues did.

>le rock is the same as rock'n roll meme

Kids aren't allowed on Sup Forums

I'm asking why you don't think it's artistically deep?
>He was only a great guitarist.
And songwriter, producer, arranger. You must have forgotten that

you are coming from the point of a rockist mentality who thinks that white peole invented rock'n'roll, but i'm not going vendetta on you, you have just to know that blacks are the origin

it just ended that white people likes more pop rock/metal and country

i'd mention only a few really great rock bands, one of them are King Crimson, and they are 100% influenced by black music

whats the most love rock record in the music lovers ranking? Ok Computer and the band said the album was made based on how Miles Davis made his songs

white people NEEDS black people its just inevitable

Yeah, I like their track record:
>Jazz
>Blues
>Soul
>Gospel
>R&B
>Rock and Roll
>Disco
>Funk
>Rap
>Hip Hop
I'm eagerly awaiting the next work

[citation needed]
why isn't it?

Most early 20th century blues we know, contrary to popular belief, wasn't folk music, it was knowingly sold on popular music labels
You're just baiting at this point

It's also important to note that blacks copied bass walking from basso continuo.

He was only a great guitarist, he was good at the other things

Im talking about greatness in terms of rock history.

Chuck Berry's music was all surface level, VERY ORIGINAL. but all surface level

I'm not baiting in the slightest. Paramount Records was a popular music label.

This isn't even disputed among modern blues historians btw, not that you'd know anything about this.

>Stones
>Improved Rock n Roll
>better than Chuck Berry
Okay now you're just being racist

Also, blues was copied from bluesgrass.

>actually holding any kind of """"discussion"""" with Sup Forums
literally kill yourselves

>Chuck Berry's music was all surface level
Same as The doors and Rolling Stones.
>He was only a great guitarist,
Same as The doors and Rolling Stones.

Not correct.

What are you expecting from the origins?
Are you expecting a highly developed form of rock and roll from the first popular rock and roll artist (he wasn't the inventor but one of the first popular artists)

>you will never live in a world where people don't give a shit about race

I swear the "someone of my race built the pyramids so I'm automatically superior" argument is so fucking autistic not even conservative boomers use it the alt right is retarded

This. Claiming any connection with any achievement just because you share a similar skin tone is pathetic

It is correct. Blacks saw rednecks playing bluesgrass on their banjo when they were slaves and copied that to their guitar.

Your defense of your statement is that Paramount Records was a popular music label?
Fucking rock solid, fella
Has it not occurred to you that people played the blues outside of Paramount Records or do you think that the entire genre of the blues was invented by some old white suits in a studio?

harambe gone, a nigga dead

>implying the Pop Group are good
>implying they're even rock
You're parroting Scaruffi aren't you

Not even kind of true
Just because they both have the same color in the name doesn't make them the same.

>Blacks saw rednecks playing bluesgrass on their banjo when they were slaves and copied that to their guitar.
...which was how rock was created, yes.

But the blues itself did not. You are confusing blues and rock.

>obvious signs of retardation, beyond hope of saving
Opinion tearfully discarded