Other urls found in this thread:

lipscomb.umn.edu/rock/docs/Harrison1997_BeachBoys.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

overrated according to who?

The greatest album of all time.

People who find the album overrated.

That ain't radiohead

It's good but I agree overrated

teenagers who are "huge music fans" but just started listening to music intently three months ago, don't play an instrument, can't read theory, have barely or never listened to classical or jazz, have never read a book on music history, etc.

>muh pop experimentaion

That's not Loveless

I hear "wouldnt it be nice" and then i always give up. Too memey

the most underrated album of all time tbqh

id hate to have the displeasure of ever meeting you in person

teenagers hate The Beach Boys, though

if this isn't bait you really shouldn't. Wouldn't It Be Nice is a heartbreaker once you've listened to the entire album once and then hear it again on the repeat.

No it isn't

No it isn't

Yeah, we get it, you like Sun Ra you big faggot.

If anything, Pet Sounds is *still* underrated. It was a huge fucking deal. Rarely do people ever understand how or why. There are still major things about the album and its impact on culture that I've yet to see observed by any writer or historian..

That's not Led Zeppelin IV

You contribute nothing to this world.

That's not The Velvet Underground & Nico

>The critics have only seen their failure as rock music; the friends, however, have seen their success as genuine artistic expressions and as brave breaks with conventions-conventions whose borders the Beach Boys previously had worked hard to define. But the group then went into the great void beyond. They succeed on their own terms-that is, as ingenious artistic experiments-only because of the talent and musicianship of the people involved. They fail, however, because few understand how to listen to them
lipscomb.umn.edu/rock/docs/Harrison1997_BeachBoys.pdf

>B.A. Stanford University, with distinction and honors; 1981
>Ph.D. Yale University; 1986

>My chief research interest is in tonal theory, especially at historical margins of the common-practice era. A dissertation on the music of Max Reger was the springboard for Harmonic Function in Chromatic Music (Chicago, 1994), which offered a theory and some analytic tools based on late nineteenth-century ideas on harmony, chiefly those of Hugo Riemann. (I find the history of music theory to be an especially rewarding field of study.) Further developments of this project were undertaken in “Supplement to the Theory of Augmented Sixth Chords” and “Nonconformist Notions of Nineteenth–Century Enharmonicism.” Lately, I’ve (re)turned to the study of 17th- and 18th-century tonality in “Rosalia, Arcangelo, and Aloysius: A Genealogy of the Sequence.

What are your credentials, OP?

It gets old real quick.

That's not DSOTM

>teenagers hate The Beach Boys, though
this isn't true anymore

All of his.

>all this salt from the replies

Lol no.

it's very true if your worldview isn't limited to the internet you misguided retard

I smell projection and self hatred

Love Red tho

Dudebros don't like them but tumble girls and nu-males love them

Don't like the beach boys, but probably one of the best albums ever created in it's era.

Down syndrome, autism, and/or deaf, OP?

kys dumbass

That's about 2% of all teenagers

Yeah I got over my Beach Boys phase pretty quick.

People with autism have bad taste and only listen to video game music and don't understand irony and should kill themselves because they'll most likely never have meaningful relationships and if they do they risk fucking up the gene pool so just fucking kill yourselves. Also if you ever do somehow form meaningful relationships in your life you'll feel guilty for not telling them that you have autism and if you do tell them you'll change the way they talk to you from then on, so you'll never be happy, so just fucking do it.

like?

Slow down, lower the tempo and rethink your situation.

the problem is that you cant go into anything labeled "the best ___ ever" and be impressed. I think the album is really good, but there are too many different genres and styles out there to definitively pick one album from one genre and say that it is better than everything else ever made.

>all this salt from OP

As a "surf rock nerd xD" I would prefer hearing from Beatles fans about their favorites from them than Beach Boys (((Brian Wilson))) drones.

Pot kettle black

>"surf rock nerd xD"
Actually, just someone with more preference to the surf tremolo sounds and modes of the 60's.

That's not Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper gets more praise for things Pet Sounds did better.