Take me back to the beginning, Sup Forums. What went wrong?

Take me back to the beginning, Sup Forums. What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CwqkYOQfDK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Their flagship show sportscaster is dead at this point.

It's a sjw haven, just look at all the minority "" ""analysts""""" they have.
There is little to no actual in depth discussion about what plays are being run just an endless stream of highlights. They do no coverage of hockey or soccer unless it's convenient.

they tried to take on the New England Patriots

never take on a fanbase that is that crazy. New England dropped over 1 million subscribers in the past year. Its 4.5 million nation wide.

ESPN is dieing and its happening fast

Removing the old comment section on game threads.

Two words:

1.) FIRST
2.) TAKE

Pandering to minorities and SJWs, just like everything else in America. You can't turn on one of their programs without seeing a black person or hearing rap. Also I think replacing Cowherd with Dan "whiniest c.uck alive" LeBatard because Cowherd dropped some truth about Dominicans backfired heavily and alienated lots of viewers

SJW and "urban" crowd pandering.

Pandering to blacks/hip-hop culture, laziness in programming, oversaturation

>because Cowherd dropped some truth about Dominicans backfired heavily and alienated lots of viewers
What did he say?

>equating blacks with SJWs

Niggas BEEN on ESPN. its the women/sjw shit thats gone out of hand. Kaitlyn shit was the prime example

This is it....just look at the disgusting transformation of Around the Horn and it's clear.
They are full on SJW's, but worse, they gutted their live sports budget when they whored themselves to the NFL for a bunch of shitty games.
Now cord cutters are killing them.

JUST

>WORLDWIDE LEADER
>oh i guess that means we have to cover EVERYTHING
>have to suffer fucking cricket highlights

Do they even have Baseball Tonight anymore, or was that cut for the 7th hour of NFL Live?

FUCK

Nah they have it, gotta hype up Jessica mendoza some.

they still do it, not sure why you'd bother when mlb network exists though

What do you expect? It's basically online message boards in television form, a bunch of globby neckbeards talking about muh predictions and muh stats. ESPN has always sucked, they will start sucking each other dick on screen for monies.

I think they do but I'm not sure...they decided a consistent programming schedule is not important.
Also 2 words why they suck...Jessica Mendoza.

Disney is what went wrong, next question

Carter was one of the few guys that actually was interesting...now you got Randy Moss.

Carter was awful. Mike & Mike sucking his dick on air every time he graced them with his presence is some of the most cringe-inducing bullshit ESPN puts out, along with their continuous race-baiting and sjw pandering.

Hate to see ESPN losing more talking heads. Especially Ray Lewis, he killed it every Sunday.

Disney bought them in 1996. They were already going downhill some, but that was the last straw.

There is no way she is 94% and 90%, unless that is really old when those sites just started.

The best of the best can't get close to that on 50/50s.

All this fantasy garbage

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Twitter Coverage & Beating Dead Horses

I'm ashamed to say I don't even know what those numbers mean

When ESPN stopped showing sports highlights and decided to concentrate on fantasy football and being like TMZ.

The ESPN graphic is saying she wins money on over 90% of the contests she enters on Draftkings.

If that were the case, she'd have no reason to work at ESPN since she could literally throw all of her money into it every night and get super rich super fast.

yea that shit is fake dude

>fired Cris Carter
Thank you based ESPN

Why is this the stock response everytime somebody complains about all the pandering bullshit that's been going on around the world lately? Do you idiots have ANYTHING else? Or is this the online equivalent of sticking you fingers in your ears and yelling "LA LA LA I can't hear you"

The Johnny Manziel, Tim Tebow, Lebron James, Tom Brady shit that no real person cares about is what did them in.

you're delusional
they were terrible even before these guys

remember artest?
brett favre?
tiger woods?

>too much truth
Die you fucking faggot

Firing Bill Simmons was stupid. Guy did more for the network than anyone combined. Never listened to his analysis but Grantland and 30 for 30 were easily the best things about ESPN.

Jessica Mendoza... sorry but being a softball player doesn't qualify you to be the sunday night baseball analyst. Different ball, field, bat, game flow. No arena football player would get the monday night football job. Hired because she's a woman, not that anyone disputes that besides ESPN.

The site has devolved into a forum for leftist political b.s. (Bomani Jones wearing a Caucasians shirt, that ugly Mexican saying Kelce gets away with celebrating because he's white, Kate Fagan showing up everywhere). Then obviously the Caitlyn Jenner thing.

The overwhelming majority of ESPN's viewership is comprised of men of many different ages and races, who care very little about the political sphere, and just want a channel where they can watch highlights. ESPN has completely ignored its customer, and is paying dearly as a result. They will need to change their approach within a few years or I fully expect them to be finished.

Liberalism and SJWs

Disney

>this cute little fantasy

They went from depth and analyst in sports to signing mega millions deals to secure rights to certian events the average American didn't care or have the service to watch

They placed all their money on college ball and NFL only to realize that america cares more about every sport than a select few

they turned their back on tennis , hockey , soccer(with the exception being these past 2 years where they have gone back to talking about tennis and soccer a bit more)

overall they spent big and it backfired on them

that new years eve college game really fucked them hard and the NCAA

You are just proving that
>Sup Forums is always right

They willingly broadcasted E-Sports and then tried to justify it.

They eliminated Friday Night Fights which was one of the things I liked most on ESPN.

When Sportscenter came out there was nothing on TV like it. Now you can go online and find better clips, analysis, and commentary. There's no good reason to watch Sportscenter any more.

they were purchased by Disney

Look at the SJW shit Disney has been forcing into their movies, now look at ESPN.

Requiring a linked Facebook account to comment was the main issue for me. You used to be able to comment with a simple ESPN account. Some of my favorite memories of the internet are harassing and arguing with people on their. The bants and keks were top tier.
Now it's mostly empty aside from the occasional loud mouthed redneck who doesn't care what his friends think of him.

Is this how professional sports will end? It's incredibly difficult to try and listen to Sunday night baseball.

>literally every company in the USA is increasing diversity
>one of those companies dies
>"its diversity's fault!!"

That they're not smart enough to play other sports except baseball (swing bat and run vs plays/tactics) and then went on to explain this is because of how shitty Domican Republic is. Bad schools, etc. Of course no on listened to that part and roasted him because HE SO RAYCISS

Is it even possible to find a job as a white male in Britain

If my life is anything to go by, no. But I'm not blaming diversity for it

I FUCKING HATE THIS FUCKING CUNT

FUCK OFF
REEEEE

there's way too many women. Not even being sexist but at least half the men have actual experience playing these sports at the highest level.

You realize that for all sportscaster duos there is 1 person who has played the sport to provide color commentary and 1 person who only has a communications degree to talk about the play by play right?

how is that legal??

they hired skip

What's the point when women like Mendoza can't even clearly speak English?

not enough live sports

Then who should you blame, your government, your mother or anyone else.

For the white man living in Bongland this is an insult and I need to check my priviledge

I was under the impression that only black people or people in bars since they're "required" to have it on still watched ESPN.

Aside from all the SJW garbage they're pushing, the title town, focuses so much on NBA and NFL over all other sports, and circlejerking the same few athletes ruined the channel. I prefer to watch my local sports network.

This. This right here paired with pandering liberal bullshit.

We want sports. If we wanted a political debate akin to what they show I'd just turn on msnbc then proceed to shoot myself.

The Walt Disney Company fucked up by not having a major deal with the NFL to generate revenue.

>"required''

What?

Britain is basically 1984 with SJWs in charge

The fact that they use highlights as a way to just shill for sports they cover. It amazes me how much power they have over the average american and what they find interesting and want to watch. If espn doesnt cover it, normies wont care or will have no idea what you are talking about. The fact that everytime i turn of espn they are circlejerking over curry and a couple years ago lebron is another reason, as is their coverage of pointless nfl drama when the season doesnt start for another fucking 4-5 months. Seems to me like they think the audience is a bunch of women and they are trying to be like tmz or some shit. PTI and on occassions ATH are the only things i will ever watch anymore.

ESPN is on at every bar in America

He was already set to leave before that, retard

Beginning of the end was when they got so bootyblasted over losing hockey that they flat-out refused to cover it for more than 5 seconds a week. People kept watching because they're the default sports thing and so they realized "oh hey we can get away with only talking about the stuff we have the rights to".
And thus the 65% apehoop, 34% football, 1% the rest channel was born

you cant criticize any country unless they are a white country

DR is not white.... so he got in trouble

I'd imagine most sports fans are right wing or just politically apathetic. Certainly not fucking tumblr tier lefties though.

So all the fucking bullshit they've been spewing the last 3 or 4 years is driving viewers away. I don't even know why they are doing it, it's obviously a failing formula
>le when is a female going to become an NFL coach
>le Caitlin Jenner
>can we please talk about mascots and team names
It's not just cord cutters, it's regular sports fans that are just so fucking tired by their shit.
People are just tuning out. They already hear enough of that bullshit in every other media facet, they don't want to sit down and watch a game and hear more about "how can we get more inner city blacks to start playing baseball?"

If blacks aren't endlessly pandered to, they just cry "racism" (see: republicans)

Can't fucking win with you babies.

Too much sportsyelling. Not enough actual sports. I don't need 20 hours of analysis. I watch for sports and even taped sports are better than freaking sportscenter.

>instead of legitimate discussion about the state of ESPN, literally entire thread is "SJWs" and "libtards"

this website is such a fucking cesspool

Let's see if this is actually worth typing out or if it will get greentexted with "SJWs" and "libcucks"

I wonder if ESPN is starting to change back into a reputable sports network after a decade plus of being ridiculed by everyone. The past year or so (besides the loss of Mike Tirico) they have slowly been doing "addition by subtraction".

They have cut ties with the cesspools of Cowherd, Bayless, Whitlock and Ray Lewis, 4 guys who were almost universally hated the sports watching public.

This is the funny thing. ESPN is getting shit on by losing Bayless and the others as a sign that "the network is on its last legs", but maybe this is all intentional.

Yes, their profits are going down with cost-cutters. But it may be a blessing in disguise to allow them to get rid of the overpaid morons that they've been cutting recently.

Hopefully Stephen A. Smith is next.

>be ESPN
>constantly told what a shithole it is with the people it hires
>is literally letting go/firing all their horrible shitposters like Bayless, Cowherd, now Ray lewis
>HURR ESPN DEAD LOL

For me it went to shit when Sportscenter stopped being about Stewart Scott, Trey Wingo, etc bantering and I could watch the first 3 viewings of SC when I stayed home sick from school and couldn't do anything else.

But Fatlock is great. The rest of your post is really dumb too.

tell me whats dumb about it

E-Sports is dirt cheap to get now and they're gambling and praying it takes off so it proves to be a profitable endeavor as the NBA and NFL utterly fucked them with the last round of bidding (look at how much much the Cap is jumping up for the NBA due to the new TV deals)

It's like in the 00s they were pushing Poker so hard. Cheap as hell to get the rights for and cheap to cover. They got their money until it went bust but unlike Poker they can more easily farm out MUH DRAMA and MUH CONTROVERSY with E-Sports because it's a team """"""sport."""""

Want to see everything that went wrong with ESPN in a nutshell? Skip Bayliss and Tebowmania. He got some ratings boost on his shit timeslot and ESPN decided to push Teboq so much that they single handedly created Tebowmania.

This change in culture for creating non-sports stories and at times becoming obvious propaganda puppets for the NFL hurt their credibility. Remember Mort's original 2 PSI Tweet for Deflategate from a 'league source' when the NFL had the data and it was blatantly untrue but ESPN pushed it out so much that it became the 'truth' for the public.

Now combine all of this with growth of dedicated channels for sports like MLB Network or NBA Network and you have fans of those sports going there instead of ESPN so they have to try and outshine those dedicated networks with CONTROVERSY and Cickbait instead of trying to beat them at coverage and analysis because those things are hard to do compared to just throwing out bait.

This one Poker hand has more drama and excitement than any E-Sport could ever hope to conjure up.

youtu.be/CwqkYOQfDK4

mlb network is super cringey, they're just as bad with the anchors trying to act cool with bants/catchphrases, and they dont even pull it off as well as ESPN

moral of the story, don't watch anything besides games and highlight shows on mute

Mate, fuck off, Poker is not an sport.
E-games arent either.
I and most people give watching a Poker tournament and a MtG tournament the same status.
Shite.
And i have unironically watched MtG tournaments, but im not deluding myself saying it's an sport.
A sport should be a comibination of physical strenght, physical skill and at least some brains.
Only physical strenght isn't a sport and only brain isn't either.

ESPN's downfall is basically like the downfall of print media.

ESPN got big because in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s, nearly 3 decades, they were the main source of sports highlights for the public. But with the internet and specific networks like MLB/NHL/NFL/NBA Network and regional sports channels, team blogs, etc, people can now watch highlights or their teams' games online.

ESPN has to basically just focus on the biggest teams, sports and biggest athletes/stories because they need to bring in as many viewers as possible for ad money. So for the large amount of the country who aren't fans of these sports/teams, ESPN will lose their viewership because people can just go to dedicated websites or channels. For decades people had to deal with it because it was the only way to see sports, but not anymore. Why would you sit though a ton of Yankees and Red Sox highlights if you're a Royals fan and you can just go on mlb.com and watch the main highlights of your team?

And then to try to get viewers, ESPN is forced to hire people like Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd and Stephen A Smith who they know will incite controversy but get viewers/attention

That is why ESPN is dying

And I'm sure I wrote all this for nothing.

>I get mad when people question my view of the world
>hey why can't that guy in a dress use the women's restroom, what an outrage

I didn't say it was a sport you fucking dolt. I don't even know why I'm responding to some third world inhumane scum such as yourself, why don't you suck on my glorious white dick and then promptly off yourself.

but the problem is there are REAL SPORTS out there that are dirt cheap, but they go with the meme shit

what sjw/libtard shit does espn focus on?

>i don't know what to answer so let me spill memes and act like a 7yo
k

>Minority analysts
>Mostly former black athletes and white women

they LITERALLY gave an award to a man in a dress for wearing said dress

they LITERALLY celebrated a mediocre dlineman getting drafted because he was gay, then showed him making out with his boyfriend on live tv

they LITERALLY fired Curt Schilling for daring to question the idea of men in women's restrooms

they LITERALLY hired a woman to do major league baseball commentary, a sport that women do not play

dan not too bad, called out obama's cuba bullshit

>I don't know what to answer

I actually responded to your post with my first sentence.

they didnt let go of skip. they couldn't afford him anymore so he left for a bigger payday

>bruce jenner story was a huge story in society so they give him an award
>HURR FUCK ESPN

>michael sam was a huge story in sports, and Sup Forums obsessed over it
>ESPN looks at it because it was a large story
>HURR FUCK ESPN

>curt schilling posts numerous tweets of intolerant opinions on a major television network
>get surprised that he gets fired over it

I've notice two things
>Focusing on twitter-facebook-instagram posts trying to pass it off as news

>only covering NHL when something controversial happens
Remember when Wideman hit the ref? ESPN remembered that hockey existed for like 2 days before ignoring it again till the playoffs.

>guy criticizes poker on a sports channel
>you defend poker saying how much excitment it has
>''hurr durr im not defending poker''
All your post showed was someone defending poker, you didnt say it explicitly, but it was implied in a very clear way

lots of people are huge stories, what does that have to do with winning an award?

michael sam was a huge story because of ESPN and ESPN only

schilling criticized muslims and trannies, both groups deserve everything they get

only reasons I tune in to this shitshow of a network anymore is reali and everett

chris fowler and zubin mehenti are ok but arn't on as much and are so professional they border on dry.

barely making the cut is lindsay czarniak and kenny mayne, who is probably their best anchor when he isn't in the middle of an acid flashback.

the rest can be gassed

that includes svp