Why are Millennials abandoning Christianity while embracing other religions such as atheism, Eastern philosophies...

Why are Millennials abandoning Christianity while embracing other religions such as atheism, Eastern philosophies, and Islam?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Orden_v._Perry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because your millennials grew up without Easter.
Christianity just isn't the same without it

>atheism
>religion
Sure, if not collecting stamps is a hobby.

You stole my thread from Sup Forums asshole

Devotee of Supreme Lord Isvara here

It's because Western faiths are constricting a shallow. Basically you do this and Santa will reward you. You do this and you will be punished.

You stole the /pole/ from my asshole

>a clear and codified system of rewards and consequences
>constricting and shallow

Strictly speaking, yes, but modern atheofascism as practiced by Richard Dawkins and Bill Nye is more like "I hate and oppose people who collect stamps."

Because Christianity is no fun allowed

rebelling against their parents

>modern atheofascism as practiced by Richard Dawkins and Bill Nye is more like "I hate and oppose people who collect stamps."

Right. There's "I don't believe in a sky man, but IDGAF what you do." versus "I don't believe in a sky man and I won't rest until everyone else also doesn't."

Atheism doesn't exist, the only true atheists are young children who haven't been indoctrinated yet. Everyone who calls themselves an atheist is actually a secular Christian.

The US is less than 1% Muslim, and only a tiny fraction of those Muslims are millenial converts. Millennials aren't embracing "eastern philosophies" or Islam, they're only embracing atheism/agnosticism.

This. Eastern philosophies were hip in the nineties, but that's it.

Weren't they hip in the 60s-70s?

Why American act like eastern philosophy is a religion?

Yeah, that moreso I guess. I wasn't around for it.

>Why are Millennials abandoning Christianity while embracing other religions such as atheism, Eastern philosophies, and Islam?

Atheism is a lack of religion, and literally no kiddies are running around actually practicing Eastern religions, and Islam, unless they're trying to be edgy and counterculture.

Most kids these days are either liberal, non-practicing Christians, fedoras, or """""spiritual"""".

Unless you live in Utah or the South where more kids are fundamentalist Christians.

>Why are Millennials abandoning Christianity while embracing other religions such as atheism

I'm tired of Christ cuckery. That's why I embraced the alpha religion of my ancestors.

can confirm
I was a devout atheist for years before I realized I loved Jesus Christ with all my heart

I think it's more about a rejection of spirituality in the conventional sense.

I know when that hotline bling, that can only mean one thing

Christians shot their own foot by adopting liberalism. Gay marriage, evolution, abortion, women's rights, racial equality. All these abhorrent to the nu-Right.

Apparently Christains where you are from and Christains where I am from are very very different things

God I wonder..

Sounds a lot like the difference between "I guess there's a sky man because mom and dad thought so" versus "I love sky man, let me bore you with the details in the public square and supported by your tax dollar."

Yes, I often see tax funded groups of Christians walking up and down main street telling people about Jesus.

Wait, didn't Obama invite some atheist group to the White House once?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Orden_v._Perry

People give too much shit about religion, that's the problem

eg. Korean Evangelists missionaries that think it's fine being obnoxious assholes in a buddhist temple in India, doing the same thing in islamic country and getting kidnapped and shit

Yes, the Secular Coalition of America
A group who likes to spend money boycotting and suing people for church community activites at public parks, abstinence promotion for youth, the fucking boyscouts, and my personal favourite, attacking military chaplains and trying to either ban them or prohibit them from ministering to service members.
>be soldier in WWI
>spent months in bloody, muddy, disease infested, trench
>horribly shell shocked
>throat still burning and vision blurred after poison gas attack from the krauts
>german sniper hit me
>I am dying
>request a chaplain come to adminster the final rites
>chaplain braves the horrors of warfare to come to my dying side
>holds my hand and smiles
>recites the Lord's prayer
>as I close my eyes I remember being a boy back home on the farm and my mother reciting this prayer to me from her old family bible
>suddenly mid prayer, as I am drifting into the abyss, comforted that I died for my country and will soon meet my God, a voice loudly breaks in over the chaplain...
>"EX-FUCKING-CUSE MEEE
>"The US military is a TAX funded organisation. Seperation of church and state. You can't use public money to pay for a religious chaplain!!!"
>Chaplain begins to weep
>I begin to weep, deep tears of regret and humiliation
>with my dying breath I thank this patriotic member of the Secular Coalition of America for preventing this tax funded travesty for continuing
>Truly he is the hero here
>Go..No one bless America

How is a monument in frint of a courthouse, depicting a traditional set of laws, the same thing as tax funded people in the town square promoting Christianity in a boring fashion?

Follow the thread, we were speaking in vast oversimplifications.

this
If you want to believe in some shit then ok. Why do people find this need to argue about it and compare different religions. Fuck off and keep on with your life

>People give too much shit about religion, that's the problem
this

fuck off drumpshills

kill yourself

Should I convert to Catholicism?
t. Evangelical-Lutheran

Because Christianity is a big mechanism for marxism. Look at how the pope is acting with the refugees and guilt tripping Christians to accept the new pro-gay and pro-liberal world. True Christians reject these and look away from the church while still believing in God.

Btw, nowhere in the Bible is the pope mentioned. It is merely a political office created by the early Catholics to maintain control of medieval Europe.