My new roommate won't let me listen to music and I don't know what to do

My new roommate won't let me listen to music and I don't know what to do

He's just being nice and starting conversation but everytime I have my headphones on he actively tries to get my attention and make small talk

Am I a dick for getting annoyed by this? Its happened five times today each of which I've been trying to get through new albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2g-zGHnaAE
youtube.com/watch?v=pKSffxporZI
youtube.com/watch?v=MQ-Ix5OcaPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=g2g-zGHnaAE

I don't think you're a dick for being annoyed by that. Just be as curt as possible and he'll eventually get the message if you don't like being too blunt. Or you can just tell him that you need time to unwind alone with your music

How old are you? If you're an adult I suggest you speak to him like one

>not having a roommate that browses Sup Forums
what the fugg

He sounds emotionally needy.

just rub your temples and sigh really loud that will get em

all about that bass

youtube.com/watch?v=pKSffxporZI

THIS
the ultimate fuck off expression, don't forget to give a semi-malicious "what"

No you're not being mean. I'm sure he wouldn't like you interrupting him when he's trying to fap and if he does like it.. You found his problem, he's gay for you.

Grow a fucking backbone op. Tell him to fuck off. That's if you're in college. If not then idk.

>New roomate

Look, buddy.
I've been in foster care and you have to show your dominance. Blast your music as loud as possible late at night. They need to learn that they are below you on the totem pole and they will never be above you. If they get mad at you for blasting music, then kick their ass. They can't tell you what to do.

Kek, this
I used to do this when i lived with my cousin, literally blasted the music to the 100 percent of volume while wearing earplugs, faggot couldn't handle it

Unless you need to use headphones try listening to music on the stereo. Maybe you and your roommate can bond over music.

Pretend to fall asleep with headphones in 100% can't fail

The last album it was kpop
The one before that it was post rock
The few before those were shoegaze and math rock
I already know he doesn't like those genres unfortunately

Some people like to talk a lot. You're over reacting.

And some people don't like to talk. You're also overreacting.

How old are you? If you're an adult I suggest you stop acting like a condescending teenager.

No, that guy was correct and now you're acting like even more of a child with that juvenile attempt at mockery

Well, when I'm in the pub and someone talks to me I take my headphones off otherwise it's rude (you're trolling me). But I'm not starting a thread about them. It is a bit of an overreaction.

That wasn't me/OP btw
I feel like you guys are right by this guy is fairly sensitive and reads into social situations so I don't know how to do it without making him feel bad

I didn't say he was incorrect. I said he was being condescending like that of a young teen.

is he a literal roommate? like you share a room? if so go into the garage and turn the car exhaust on, your life is over, theres no hope for someone as dumb as you

Stop being a confrontational cunt and kindly ask him to give you some quiet time with your music. Your roommate sounds like a nice guy, it sucks that he has to share his space with you.

I think I should probably trip when I make threads now
All these insults when I've only made one reply are making me feel bad for even caring about this

youtube.com/watch?v=MQ-Ix5OcaPQ

It won't help /mu lynchs people full stop
:/

Dude's definitely gonna poke him. Probably in a really annoying spot, like the side of the neck.

Just find, or make, a stopping point in the conversation and say "Welp, gonna get back to this. Talk to ya later bro."

lol its all good OP just let your roommate know youd like some space sometimes

o i am laffin at your projection/fear of confrontation if you think that's even remotely condescending

>Hey, I'm just gonna listen to my music right now.

that was hard

Are you a freshman? I feel you though, living with strangers can fucking blow even if they're the nicest people just because they feel the need to fill the silence. If you live with friends it can be easier to hang out quietly together. Anyways, just tell him you have to do it for your sanity and offer a clear point where it would be okay for him to talk to you again. Some kind of mutual activity is good to suggest if you're not comfortable being as blunt as "please don't talk to me for an hour."

>Hey dude, I've had kind of a stressful day and I need to just sit here and listen to music on my headphones for a while. Wanna order a pizza at 7?

Put your music on speakers so he knows what you're doing

This

didn't know JonTron was in a post-hardcore band