Post-punk with heavy drone influences?

Post-punk with heavy drone influences?

First off, I know viet cong/preoccupations has a polarizing effect on you guys but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other current (or past) post-punk bands similar to them. I've checked out DIAT, Protomartyr, Merchandise and a handful of other bands but nothing is scratching the itch that Preoccupations' "March of Progress" or "Continental Shelf" gives me.

Also, does anyone know where I could find the Viet Cong cassette ep? It seems to have disappeared from the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

lowercph.bandcamp.com/track/expanding-horizons-dar-es-salaam
youtu.be/6leKMd4WenM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this heat

I've heard of them. Will check them out, thanks.

>Also, does anyone know where I could find the Viet Cong cassette ep? It seems to have disappeared from the internet.

Research the sticky.

WOMEN PUBLIC STRAIN

The new Preoccupations record totally pales in comparison to this, one of my AOTYSF

>album starts with droning

Already love Women, they're what led me to preoccupations, thanks to my undying love for Chad Vangaalen. Have you seen the animated tribute to Chris Reimer? It's cool. Shame that guy had to go and die.

Added to my list. Will check out. Thanks!

also eagulls s/t is p good

lowercph.bandcamp.com/track/expanding-horizons-dar-es-salaam

Their new name fucking sucks. Seriously, "Veitcong" was a great name for a punk band.

Added! Thanks!

>First off, I know viet cong/preoccupations has a polarizing effect on you guys
really? news to me although I havent heard the new one since its not even out yet.

It was perfect! Same with Andrew Jackson Jihad. I don't understand these bands changing their names to be more PC. I mean, I kind of get it in that they want to reach a wider audience but, come on. If they aren't offended by AJJ's lyrics they certainly won't be offended by the name. Preoccupations doesn't have as crazy lyrics but seriously, who's offended by that?

Is this the only band to have two self titled records, each with a different name?

Probably because them changing their name makes people think it makes them "cucks"

Also, spoonfeeding thread

>trust punks
the fourth song is my favorite so far

OP here. I may have been thinking of METZ.

I think so.

>OP here. I may have been thinking of METZ.
well I would definitely agree with that then along with this year's metz Big Ups

this Trust Punks is fuckin awesome he wasnt kidding

Chrome

Armageddon
youtu.be/6leKMd4WenM

women was also the same band with a different name u effing poseur

pls respond

I didnt realize that either. I thought they just shared a couple members.

This heat are one of my favorite bands, trust me when i say Preoccupations wouldn't exist without them. so much influence is present

Only half the member in Women are in Viet Congoccupations, they're not the same band

Look up all the Cindy Lee shit
Singer from Women, the band before Viet Cong's solo project that's super droney
Listen to Public Strain by Women first though; there's a decently obvious dichotomy between the really droney stuff and really technical guitar interplay that Viet Cong did a bunch on their first album and from there check out Act of Tenderness and Malenkost

Seriously this. Cindy Lee is probably the best band currently making music. The noise / no wave / drone / pop mix is fantastic.

>Post-punk with heavy drone influences?
You know we're barely better than Sup Forums

Beneath the Commons is the only song I haven't liked so far. I hope this is a Beach Boys cover or something.