You will never own several slaves on an isolated ranch in Mauritania

>you will never own several slaves on an isolated ranch in Mauritania
>you will never create a cult of personality where the isolated slaves idol worship you
>you will never treat them with total benevolence, winning their confidence and complete loyalty
>you will never bed a different slave girl every night
>you will never take extended vacations from the slave ranch; joining the local tuaregs and running around the desert smoking opium and telling stories
Why even continue living...

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@17.859909,-15.1353509,2327a,20y,30.57h,7.72t/data=!3m1!1e3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leblouh
marieclaire.com/politics/news/a3513/forcefeeding-in-mauritania/
youtube.com/watch?v=cCoDJaicrzA
google.com/maps/@17.5643145,-15.046869,4719a,20y,30.57h,7.66t/data=!3m1!1e3
google.com/maps/@17.5084068,-15.1744505,1192a,20y,30.57h,7.76t/data=!3m1!1e3
google.com/maps/@17.3437387,-15.1372424,1186a,20y,30.57h,7.76t/data=!3m1!1e3
google.com/maps/@9.1894387,2.6553242,1142m/data=!3m1!1e3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This random village planted trees to stop the sand dunes from spreading

super neat

Slavery's not fun.
It drives you crazy.

just wait for the bots user

So initially I was just looking around the Mauritanian deserts for slave palaces so I could slavepost here, but I found something cooler
>pic related
What is this sprawling complex? It's bigger than every village I've seen so far and it's completely isolated. Right in the middle of the desert. Nothing even remotely close to it for miles in every direction.

is it the grays?

looks like a farm.
Post the co-ords

google.com/maps/@17.859909,-15.1353509,2327a,20y,30.57h,7.72t/data=!3m1!1e3

pls note that the little dirt road just ends abruptly in the dunes and doesn't connect with the highway

Yeah some type of farm. probably goats and date trees. Not sure about the round structures though. That dirt track probably gets covered by dust storms but will link up with the hardtop, it just cant be seen because of the different satellite passes.

>Yeah some type of farm. probably goats and date trees.
Oh that's disappointing. I was hoping for some kind of Road Warrior stronghold

I still wonder what these buildings are though. They're very tall and well constructed with some actual aesthetics in the architecture.
Every other building along this highway is a tent, shanty, or mudbrick.

This is hella cool.

Op still here?

Yeah I'm still exploring

Cool.

After a little digging I now think your compound is where they do this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leblouh
marieclaire.com/politics/news/a3513/forcefeeding-in-mauritania/
youtube.com/watch?v=cCoDJaicrzA

So you might not have been too far off with the 'dark side' ideas

I'm really curious about what type of trees they're planting. So many of these settlements are mudbrick + tents, so I can't imagination they've been growing these trees for decades.

Oh wow I never really considered the force feeding thing.
>reported to have made a significant comeback after a military junta took over the country in 2008.
It very well could be industrialized at some level, especially in this region which is totally rural and dotted with very obvious slave communities.

How the fuck do they get water for goats and trees?

I have absolutely no idea.
It's even more baffling when you see stuff like this
google.com/maps/@17.5643145,-15.046869,4719a,20y,30.57h,7.66t/data=!3m1!1e3
Huge village in the middle of absolutely nowhere. I just followed some random dirt road off the highway and it ended in this.

Someone said slavery? That happens to be my specialty. Is Trump going to reintroduce it?

Looks like a mosque. It might be one of the Saudi-funded mosques they've been building in that part of Africa.

I was in northern Burkina Faso a few years ago in a random rural area when suddenly we hit a village with a big new white-walled mosque with a plaque of the Saudi flag on its entrance. And there were several of those.

This looks like a camel pasture. You can actually see some little animals at the fence line when zoomed in.

I think the three boxes near the top are goat pens

That's fascinating. Definitely looks pretty mosque-y. I saw a giant blue box structure in one of these villages and wondered if it was a mosque; this makes sense now

Why were you in Burkina Faso?

So I followed what looked like a really vague/dead wash from the southern tip of the village and it lead me into a big (seemingly)fertile valley with an oasis or two.

Southeast of the village I found a little Tuareg camp

South west of the valley I found a tiny little dirt road that, after tracing its nearly invisible path, took me to this completely remote mudbrick village.
google.com/maps/@17.5084068,-15.1744505,1192a,20y,30.57h,7.76t/data=!3m1!1e3

this is fun Sup Forums. Maybe im autistic

Is imagining the life of a 20 year old Mauritanian slave girl giving anyone else a massive erection?

i followed another barely visible path deeper into the desert and found a different isolated mudbrick village.

a couple miles from the village I found this little plateau with a circle around it.
I wonder if the locals go up there to do weird shit.
>I wonder if there's lore

even deeper into the desert and ridiculously isolated

Some Mauritanian guy built his house here, built a fence, then built the Garden of Eden, built a fence around it, and then built another larger fence around the first Garden fence.
Additionally, there's a little forested plateau next to it. Maybe he goes up there to have sex with his slave girls or smoke tobacco
>mauritanian NEETs don't need to shitpost on /r9k/
>mauritanian NEETs have it all

forgot co-ords
google.com/maps/@17.3437387,-15.1372424,1186a,20y,30.57h,7.76t/data=!3m1!1e3

i dont care if nobody's watching, i will unlock mauritanias secrets

google.com/maps/@9.1894387,2.6553242,1142m/data=!3m1!1e3
>tfw you'll never own an orchard in rural Benin

I went to the capital for a film festival of all things back when I was a student, because the university paid for it.

From there, we went up north into the Sahel because someone said it was interesting, and when the fuck am I ever going back to Burkina Faso? Might as well do it. It was fairly laid-back despite an Islamic insurgency going on in Mali directly to the north at the time.

How was the experience?
How were the locals?

tuaregs smokes hashish, not opium

opium addiction is pretty much the same as heroin i.e. being sick to death half of the time

In my scambaiting days I tried to get a Senegalese scammer to pick up a non-existent paycheck in Nouakshott in neighbouring Mauretania. The guy would not do it, everywhere but there lol

they're probably settled on the spot with the best underground water sources

Yeah that all sounds great but I wouldn't trade the internet for it.

Not him, but
>How were the locals?
in my experience, Africans (especially sub-saharan) are absurdly kind, friendly, and generous people.
I've been called a SJW shill for saying this in the past, so I guess take it with a grain of salt, but my African friends are also so gentle and caring towards me that it seriously changed my outlook on life.
Same for middle eastern people (except Israel).

Really gotta credit Interpals for helping me come out of the dark bitter place I used to be in.

>are also so
didn't mean to type "also"

rural communities worldwide will be generally pleasant unless religion is involved (of all faiths)
farmers are just generally good people

non-tourist areas of urban centres are the real measure of a country