How do people like this?

How do people like this?

you're living on it

How do people hate this?

by not having the attention span of a retard

/thread

shiiiet
I've just noticed it's not a piece of blue paper but blue sky with a yurt and animals below

looks like a rip off of duster

came out 5 years before stratosphere
maybe duster ripped earth off

How do people not love this? It's so good Sunn O))) have been trying to equal it for almost 20 years now

Sup Forums ->

>Defending 70 minutes of pure drone
Pathetic.

>people

>not defending 70 minutes of pure drone
You're living on it.

They've done better

>can't get into drone
feel bad for yeah m8

>Pure drone

You haven't heard actual drone music.

This has quite a lot of variation for drone.

way better. Earth has gotten to be the most boring, unoriginal band since Chainsmokerz

we have good taste

I can tell you haven't listened to anything past Earth 2.

Hex and the Bees Made Honey are fantastic.

you're a baboon. I definitely have.
I've even seen both sunn and earth live. I left the earth show it was so boring.

Don't you call me a baboon you fucking mandrill.

Fix your shit taste.

Sunn
Earth

what other drone bands are there

boris, sometimes

Bull of Heaven

Earth opens up for Sunn. Think about it.

I swear to god you fucking orangutan I will cut you

Kannon > Primitive and Deadly

Earth opened up for Boris too.

Seems fucked up to be opening for the bands you influenced so much, right?

Is it worth listening to? Depends on what kind of person you are, and what you're looking for in your music. To appreciate Special Low Frequency Version, you have to be able to achieve a meditative state through music. This usually means sitting still and having no incoming input other than the music, either through your headphones or your speakers. No TV, no internet, no magazines, no buddies hanging around. Just you and the vibrations of the music. Can you sit still long enough and let your mind drift? You close your eyes and wait to see what appears. For each person it will be different; the drone is like that. It's the wellspring of all energy in the universe, its beginning, and each of us are one facet in the diamond; the light will shine through us, be broken and emit a different color.

But it takes time to get there. You have to be comfortable enough with yourself not to try to direct the flow...this is not the place for control freaks, your type won't get anything out of this. You don't need to be a submissive type in your ordinary life, but you do need to know how to let go and see where the energy flow takes you. Lucid dreaming is a load of shit; you aren't dreaming, you're fantasizing, which isn't the same thing.

You must step beyond certainty and not look for any particular thing...this is where Sunn O))) fails utterly, in their juvenile devotion to darkness. The drone is not darkness...just because it can be scary doesn't make it evil. The quickest path to evil is the search for certainty. Sifting through the drone to find personal power renders your experience nothing more than masturbatory egoism...the truth to be found in the drone is more powerful by far, if you're willing to be patient and let go your need to steer the experience.

that's when I saw them. I was amazed by how many people we're expecting to hear the soulful sounds of Special Low Frequencies

Well at least I can agree with that you goddamn gibbon

bullshit. I love this album and always listen to it white doing things like browsing Sup Forums, cleaning, walking, having showers, car rides. Its like any other album. Fuck off back to /r/indieheads

it's just 70 minutes of drone, what's there to hate?

i like to listen it when i'm angry

The setlist they played at the Boris/Earth show I saw them at was pretty much only Angels of Darkness, Bees and Primitive and Deadly songs.

hence why they sucked

I only regularly listen to Pentastar onward and only listened to the first two out of a sense of obligation to hear their entire discography. Am I banned from Sup Forums now?

Kys

hurr hurr you can only listen to this album on a rainy day as the sun sun slowly creeps up the italian river banks and you have to be naked and everything has to be completely silent hurr hurr

Fuck off pretentious cunt

welcome to our elite team

They were pretty great actually, Dylan was super nice all gig long and talked to him for a bit after the show.

No.

Classic

Well... Yeah.

what about moon

Am I the only one who noticed Fantano in the album cover?

bong
teeth of lions rule the devine
monarch!
black boned angel
KTL
carved cross
wicked king wicker
st francis duo

It sounds like an earthquake, which is sorta nice in it's own way

but monoliths > kannon

Kys

...damn

Suck a dick.
Angels of Darkness is a goddamn 9.5/10 album and pretty much on par with Earth 2, just for different reasons.

This

I saw earth live this month and it was boring af. I think they played like 10 whole notes the whole show. They dressed like complete redneck willy nelson impersonators. Other bands like Sunn seem like they would be at least interesting live for the atmospherics, but Earth had 0 atmosphere, aside from cowboy shit.

When Boris got on stage the concert became 10x better.

holy shit

The first note just kills me. Every fuckin time.

Try listening to other Doom-Sounding albums, and then return to Earth 2. You'll see the difference.

Moon

lmao at the fantano in the cover

Lmao fantano likes drone

damn....
but where's moon?

lol

hey do you think dylan sounds kind of like dale from king of the hill
just wondering

damn..

Probably cuz we can into minimalism, post-tonal, and microtonal ideas.

riffs
/thread

I was trying to put my finger on who the hell he sounded like. It was not the voice I was expecting from him at all.

my man

>Defending 70 minutes of pure [genre I don't like]
Pathetic