Where do i start with rap/hip-hop?

where do i start with rap/hip-hop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYH7_GzP4Tg
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your first and last step is listening to MF DOOM. Nothing's greater.

>>sadfrogmemebutt

don't

This, there are a few greats like , liquid swords, illmatic and some more experimental underground things.

The genre itself is stale and riddled with cliche after cliche with pretty much every modern rap album having shallow empty headed themes (inb4 hurr hurr TPAB is conscious and deep cause whitey hurt blacks).

Sremmlife
Sremmlife 2

vaporwave

from the bottom

this is the only one worth a listen desu

Non-meme answer: refer to this chart. Choose one of the six starting albums, go from there.

Tbh I'd say either GKMC or Midnight Marauders are the best starting point. Maybe Illmatic.

Otherwise, just tell me what kinda genres you like and I'll give you some recs.

kek's

You should start with the classics, or if you really don't get it or something, start with the more accesible, like Kanye for example.

I've never understood why a random Madlib tape is the intro album for instrumental hip-hop and not Donuts

>Kendshit Gaymar as starting point
D O N T

F U C K I N G

L I S T E N

T O

T H I S

C O C K S U C K I N G

M O T H E R F U C K E R,

O P

this is how you know an album is good

when you see shitposts like this

Are you 12?

Start with something fun but not as intellectual as an illmatic.
The Pharcyde A bizzare...
That's a really fun hip hop album
Then definitely listen to MF DOOM whole discog

>instrumental
>not starting with endtroducing

FUCK OFF

this chart is alright, but a ton of essential albums is missing there

This .jpg is kinda shit m8

Illmatic

Doggystyle or ready to die, nas illmatic is boring

Slim Shady LP > Illmatic/36 Chambers > Ready To Die >The Infamous > Liquid Swords > Aquemini > Deltron 3030 > Black On Both Sides > 2001 > Madvillainy

You should be able to appreciate hip hop, once you have listened to these albums.

Bounce dat ass bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=IYH7_GzP4Tg

You start at the beginning, like you would anything else.

> whitey hurt blacks

He does though so get over it you pale neanderthal cave beast

i personally started with Midnight Marauders, Illmatic, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), and The Infamous. those pretty much paved the way for me to figure out what else i wanted to hear. there are a lot of greats, and what draws you in will be different. for some people it's Madvillainy, for others it could be Kendrick (i don't see how but i'm trying to be fair). just listen through some of what's been suggested in the thread and branch out on your own

rockist detected. go fuck yourself guitarman

anontellem.com