This is the worst place in the internet to talk about music

this is the worst place in the internet to talk about music.

*best

not the best not the worst but occasionally i curse to get my point across

You're the problem, not the board.

Relax

Nah the board is a pretty big problem.
At the very least they both are.

let me guess, i'm a pleb right?
typical

when will Sup Forums learn that the chan format is awful for proper discussion

not gona lie. i come her for da meemz

this

Yeah it's really bad. Too bad people just laugh it off. There are other places to go, though

the anonymity helps people be more candid then they otherwise would though

what are other places to go talk about music?

not memeing, I actually wanna know

this. people are afraid of giving actual opinions otherwise

I would like to know this as well

reddit

its better than reddit's format of "most upvoted comment=best opinion"

you think if anybody here knew that they'd be on here right now
also, fuck anyone who says RYM, RYM is so much worse than any of the generals on Sup Forums

Underrated post

Small boards do pretty well out of it. Chans can work if you have a userbase that cares the topic and wants to discuss it.

>talk about music
>Sup Forums

Pick one

k but what subreddit? /r/music is terrible in every way

genre subreddits depending on your interests
also just google "[genre that interests you] forum"

majority rules on reddit, and some subs dont let you see a posts score until a certain time after posting. on Sup Forums its all anonymous and the loudest voice equals best opinion.

The format that Sup Forums uses, anonymity, simplistac layout of the boards, option to use a name, and general size makes it quite accessible. Additionally, a lot of the discussion isn't terrible.

I find that most of the people that browse Sup Forums, and any board actually, have a lot of background knowledge of the related topics, and only use Sup Forums to shitpost. Those that are using it solely to develop their knowledge/understanding are the cancer. But it is OK, summer is nearly over.

realest post

>implying Ill let you plebs in muh sekrit club

I imagine there are big hubs depending on genre/scene, at least I know there are for what I'm into. General music discussion outside of Sup Forums is pretty boring.

I don't think Reddit was designed for discussion in the first place. I always saw it as just being a place to share links and images.

What do you mean?

The softest voice wins on Sup Forums cause anco

People using Sup Forums in its current state to learn about music are idiots, but don't pretend the shitposters aren't cancer. The widespread "Sup Forums is for shitposting" mentality is relatively recent.

This. I've gotten a ton of good recs and a lot of solid laughs but things can get frustrating fast.

>pronouncing it moo

how do you pronounce it then

kek, no, it just makes people shitpost more than they would otherwise

See:

its best way to see unfiltered opinions. the upvote/ downvote system will always be flawed in that way because people are afraid they'll get downvoted and their reputation tarnished on their favorite subreddit if they give an unpopular opinion. only the most popular opinions on each respective subreddit get represented.

make friends with ppl who listen to the same stuff that interests you.

get a job at a record store

or something

mew

this sums it up

although i would say the amount of music i got into because of Sup Forums decreased massively after the first month

but it's spelled m u
moo
if it was mew it would be /μ/

you have to wade through neck high fecal matter for hours to find a good thread, but its all the more enjoyable when you find one.

r/LetsTalkMusic and only because it's small and slow.
the more it grows, the more redditors start to expect that their shit music deserves discussion, and because redditors are too nice they will waste their time.

people shit on Sup Forums but theres NOWHERE else better

>reddit
unfavorable opinions get downvoted and hidden

>tradiitonal forum
the mods censor you

Yeah the number of solid recs definitely declined for me but I'll still get a decent one every couple weeks or so

like "mew"
as in "music"

But we don't say "moosic" in quotidian parlance, it's pronounced "mewsic"

>ITT: Redditors
If you hate Sup Forums so much, please get off it. No one is stopping you.

Don't forget you're here forever

Yeah the "upvote for visibility" doesnt work for shit, but so does the Sup Forums's system.
For example your comment has the same visibilty in this thread as the guys which are arguing about "moo" or "mew"

There are some really great facebook groups,some even with their own subculture

Still the most upvoted comments will be at the top and the least at the bottom, with the "worst" being completely hidden. Even if you can't see the score, you know how popular a certain opinion is.

pretty much this

Sup Forums is shit but at least you can express your genuine opinion and and express it pretty much however you want without having to act like a faggot and be like "w-well I appreciate what it's doing but PERSONALLY I prefer to not regularly listen to it...", no, you can be like "Fuck this, this album is shit, here's why, kill yourself if you like it." I mean it's not terribly productive discussion but we don't have to dance around our own strong opinions, like our music discussion is a fucking pillow fight or something.

Honestly, if you can get in a good thread (I notice more popping up recently because summer is ending) this site is pretty decent. The anonymity and lack of upvotes makes this site better than the alternatives. All voices have equal weight and anything can and will be both praised and shit on. Although Sup Forumscore gets pretty jerked, this site really helped me expand my taste so I'd say it's p good

Reddit is ass. R/music is straight cancer. They spammed the same bands there so much they aren't even allowed to be posted anymore. And if something makes it's to the front page all the people with midlife crisis flood in and start telling their stories. You can't call out someone having shit taste because they haven't gotten anything new since they were in middle school, you get death threats.

Yes. Which is what makes it so remarkable and emotionally rewarding when it actually happens - especially on a semi-regular basis (eg. what you often see in Grimes General or Metal General threads.)

There's hop threads here and there, and let's be honest. Sup Forums is way better to discuss things than any other website because you can say whatever the fuck you want and no one will give a shit

But because of Sup Forums this has been known as the shithole of the internet for the longest time. Recently it's been overtaken by Sup Forums and /r9k/ for shitposting and memes. It's more accessible and there's way more people, but it's better than having CP in every thread

Fuck I hate that so fucking much. Certain subreddits Don't allow listing of bands . They want you to incorporate them I a wall of text. The fuck? If I'm asking for fucking something I don't want to read a fucking book. And then everyone recommending comes off pretentiousness trying to out do each other

no
why would you pronounce Sup Forums like (mu)sic though

/r/LetsTalkMusic

Care to name a few?

I went to 8ch Sup Forums a long time ago. Less toxicity. Even if it's slower, the board is much better than this