ITT: top 5 industrial/ebm albums of all time

ITT: top 5 industrial/ebm albums of all time
>Mussolini Headkick-Themes For Violent Retribution
>NIN-Broken
>Chemlab-East Side Militia
>Front 242-Tyranny For You
>Nitzer Ebb-Ebbhead

no Throbbing Gristle?

Yeesh, no. Throbbing Gristle is more of a novelty than anything. It's just too fucked up and weird no matter how many times I listen.

>lumping ebm and industrial in the same category

Holy fuck. You do know industrial is more than ebm and industrial rock, right?

>>Front 242-Tyranny For You
Geography is their best imo

industrial =/= noise
it has to have at least a semblance of rhythm and melody

>NIN
no

>no Chu Ishikawa
are you even trying boi

The Complete Box album is better cause it has Sand 2 and the Iron Music medley in it.

it also has the excellent alternative version of Megatron/MG

>implying i think this
Yes. I didn't know it was criminal to lump those two categories of music together. In my experience, if someone likes industrial they like ebm and vice versa chill out faggot

Chu Ishikawa is the best there is at industrial

I know I know very entry normie tier. I just fucking love broken, also nostalgia

>lumping ebm and industrial in the same category
SPK did just that on Auto Da Fe

then why'd you put them in your list if you know they aren't objectively among the best industrial acts of all time?

so I guess that's a no to Nurse with Wound too right

correct

just say no to dadaist wankery

To see if anyone else actually agreed or if that was impossible because contrarian Sup Forums

Wrong thread, phone Sup Forums is shit

my favorite type of wankery

this nigga gets it

Ty senpai I'll have to check this out. I am yet to watch tetsuo the iron man

my personal top 5 (which happens to be objectively accurate)
>Chu Ishikawa - Tetsuo 1&2
>Von Thronstahl - Germanium Metallicum
>Blacklodge - Solarkult
>Frontline Assembly - Caustic Grip
>Ice Ages - This Killing Emptiness

watch all three movies

Never heard of them. I'll check them out

if we're counting metal, than Blacklodge should definitely be on there

i never got why people didn't like Body Hammer and The Bullet Man, i mean i don't think neither of them are as amazing as the first, but Body Hammer is still great and Bullet Man is really good

The thing about Body Hammer is that almost every DVD release is butchered to a degree.

And both Body Hammer and Bullet Man suffer from trying to give Tetsuo a sensible origin story, which makes it have less impact than if it just happens.

>both Body Hammer and Bullet Man suffer from trying to give Tetsuo a sensible origin story, which makes it have less impact than if it just happens.

i can see that side of the argument but they also are much more traditional films than The Iron Man who was much more on the surreal horror side of things, so i think it balances out

>much more traditional films
yes, that's the issue
they feel like something that might have worked better as a high-budget anime OVA like Genocyber.

Tetsuo 1 is just Shinya Tsukamoto making a giant music video for his bro Chu's industrial band Der Eisenrost.

>Shinya Tsukamoto making a giant music video for his bro Chu's industrial band Der Eisenrost

that applies to lot's of his best movies, like Tokyo Fist is pretty much a giant music video that ends in the greatest music video of all time

Yeah but I mean a good chunk of Tetsuo's soundtrack already existed before the movie was made.

That makes it a surreal exploration of rivethead mentality whereas the other twos are just very gruesome tokusatsu.

Slightly unrelated, but is is still acceptable to like Skinny Puppy?

Of course it fucking is. Hating on a bannd because they're not 2deep4u drone industrial is a meme. Speaking of which, why dont you fags ever talk about :zoviet*france:? They make some of the best ambient industrial ever imo

true. zoviet france is pretty good! what about Illusion of safety, like them?