With all the glowing five-star reviews I've read...

With all the glowing five-star reviews I've read, and with so many people telling me this album was the new barometer of musical genius, I had to buy it. I have listened to this album many, many times, and it always leaves me perplexed. "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea," to me, is hopelessly mediocre, infantile, poorly recorded, poorly performed, and not at all worth the hype it has received on this website. Anyone who believes this album is "genius," or "innovative" should pick up Webster's dictionary, look up the meaning of those words, and ask themselves if they really describe this album accurately. Many have pointed out the significance of the album's recurring theme of Anne Frank as if it were some brilliant stroke of lyrical mastery. I'm sorry, but most of us read the Diary of Anne Frank in the sixth grade, and the fact that Jeff Mangum is obsessed with it now only proves his childish intellect. His voice is, in a word, abysmal. His supporting players are likewise out-of-tune, out-of-time, grasping for ideas from their limited palette. As for Ms. Frank, nothing new is learned; Mangum leaves only fragmented questions, and no new insight. Of course, fans of the band tell me I just don't get it, that it's so emotional, that it makes them cry. Yet they can't say why it affects them so. As for Neutral Milk Hotel (and the majority of the Elephant Six Collective), I can only say that they've broken no new ground, have no talent, and seem quite content to fool you with the dubious aesthetics of their lo-fi world. With approval from the potheads at CMJ, and the Michael Stipe Seal Of Approval, Neutral Milk Hotel and bands of their ilk, will continue to pump out what is the most overrated dross I think I've ever heard.

I just now realized that I find the potato lady extremely attractive.

there's maybe a song or two that's not so bad, but mostly yeah pretty much duh.

Cool, I like it though

she's a tambourine woman

You are an antisemite.

Where are her zils then?

This

around the edge of the tambourine

it can't be a potato because it has that textured side

I disagree.

Exactly, textures, not zils. The perspective on the alleged tambourine and the alleged zils does not allow for them to be anything other than aesthetically arranged pock-marks in the potato that is actually her head.

I really can't find anything right or wrong with this pasta, but I still can't stop feeling that ITAOTS is objectively amazing.

Help

With all the glowing five-star reviews I've read, and with so many people telling me this album was the new barometer of musical genius, I had to buy it. I have listened to this album many, many times, and it always leaves me perplexed. "The seer," to me, is hopelessly mediocre, infantile, poorly recorded, poorly performed, and not at all worth the hype it has received on this website. Anyone who believes this album is "genius," or "innovative" should pick up Webster's dictionary, look up the meaning of those words, and ask themselves if they really describe this album accurately. Many have pointed out the significance of the album's recurring theme of dog w teeth LMAO as if it were some brilliant stroke of lyrical mastery. I'm sorry, but most of us read the Diary of Larkin grimm in the sixth grade, and the fact that Michael Gira is obsessed with it now only proves his childish intellect. His voice is, in a word, abysmal. His supporting players are likewise out-of-tune, out-of-time, grasping for ideas from their limited palette. As for Ms. dog w teeth, nothing new is learned; Gira leaves only fragmented questions, and no new insight. Of course, fans of the band tell me I just don't get it, that it's so emotional, that it makes them cry. Yet they can't say why it affects them so. As for Swans (and the majority of the Young god), I can only say that they've broken no new ground, have no talent, and seem quite content to fool you with the dubious aesthetics of their lo-fi world. With approval from the potheads at CMJ, and the Michael Stipe Seal Of Approval, Swans and bands of their ilk, will continue to pump out what is the most overrated dross I think I've ever heard.

It's a drum you dumbfucks
Pic related is the back cover of the album

Why is that man on the far-left drumming on a potato?

Memes aside, the album is a legitimate 10. All the elements fit perfectly with each other, there's no down or forgettable moment. People only shit-talk this album here because this album has now become our calling card. Whenever people talk about Sup Forums, there's bound to be someone screaming I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIII

The whole album is a forgettable moment because it's really mediocre. People pretend to like it because lol cover art so le random.

Never change you faggets

It's avant garde, quit asking questions

thats one of those carnival cutout things

Except it isn't. Yeah, the subject of anne frank is interesting and different, but the instrumentation is not anything exceptional or groundbreaking. I enjoyed it, a lot more than most indie rock. But it certainly isn't a masterpiece.

newfags go, I really don't want you her. You're probably the same people who cum over Green day and MCR

ITT: Two-Headed Boy Part 2 is best song

good taste

omg yes