9. Dundee, Scotland

10. Shenzhen, China

11. Shanghai, China

12. Kobe, Japan

13. Nagoya, Japan

14. Seoul, South Korea

15. Beijing, China

Other urls found in this thread:

escapehere.com/inspiration/unescos-15-most-beautifully-designed-cities-in-the-world/
roteirosjali.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Helsinki

Not that we give a fuck what UNESCO thinks anymore but what's the source?

>2. Buenos Aires, Argentina

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

>designed cities
Still I disagree with some pics on that list

>1. Montréal, Canada
muslim ghetto

Why isn't florence there? like wtf?

chinese cities are really, really ugly and have shit architecture. they only look good 10 miles away, looking at the skyline.

>Beijing

based Buenos Aires

>Berlin, Germany
There's tons of historic and pretty German cities but they chose fucking Berlin?

This seems like bullshit, what is the criteria?

I've travelled quite a bit and none of that makes sense, Montréal? Really?

Only 1 Italian city being on there makes me feel like the list is bullshit.

B-but muh Mountain

>Dundee
I'm sorry but that's just a fucking disgrace

>Bath
>Edinburgh
>Oxford
>London
>Warwick

In what fucking world does Dundee appear on the list but Budapest doesn't.

London would be higher up without the buttplug desu

>2
Eh?

>Montréal 1st

I... what?

this has to be a joke.

>1. Montréal, Canada

alright, I just googled some images on Montreal, it looks like fucking Milwaukee.

I think this is b8. Nagoya can't be on that list because is plain and boring, the city is like a big normal neighborhood except for some tall buildings and a castle.

>3. Curitiba, Brazil
lol

>Berlin
>beautiful

>berlin
stupid list for stupid people

No french cities

>Berlin
Into the trash.

It is, the list comes with the caveat of most beautifully DESIGNED cities whatever is it that they mean by that, it is as part of their "Creative Cities Network" which basically means it's only ranking cities that aplied to some sort of program. Finally OP is ranking in inverse order, Montreal is 15, Buenos Aires 14 and so on.

I'm surprised Brazilia isn't on the list tbqh as Niemayer used to be big with some former UNESCO boards.

escapehere.com/inspiration/unescos-15-most-beautifully-designed-cities-in-the-world/

The list is bullshit, you should take with a grain of slat any list of most beautiful cities that does not include Paris.

I've fucking had it with UNESCO, they've cheapened their work so much with political horse trading it's become ridiculous.

What makes Montréal so beautiful?

wew! Montréal!

berlin is already in berlin

The diverstity of cultures in all aspect of the city life: architecture, business, people, food.

Montréal is a great city, but better looking than NYC or Paris, I don't think so.

Quebec City is better than Montreal 2bh.

Quebec city is just white.

>The 15 most beautiful cities in the world according to UNESCO
It's actually the most beautifully designed cities according to UNESCO

And yeah in that perspective Montréal is a well built.

>Berlin
>Shanghai
>Kobe
>Seoul
>Beijing
>Buenos Aires

lmao

This list is complete and utter shit.

>CABA
>not La Plata

>
It's the most beautifully designed cities.

>Montréal, Canada
wtf man that city is so dirty

it's beautifully "designed" cities and you got the order backwards

Congratulations,
Only seen Berlin of this list. To say the least it was quite interesting. Though i wouldn't use the word beautiful to discribe the city.

I can not judge for the other cities.

what's wrong with berlin?

>The list is bullshit, you should take with a grain of slat any list of most beautiful cities that does not include Paris.
basically it's modem planned cities only not "natural" cities like in most of Europe and the old world

It's a boring, soulless city.

suppose one region had 10 or so out of 15 how likely are they to rig the results to be more inclusive?

Meme list

Jawdropping qts everywhere

>Berlin is on the list only because they have design studios.

Have you been to Berlin ?

Go and you'll realise why.

While there are nice parts of it, the vast majority is just a modern shithole.

I found the history running through the city amazing. You could still feel the marks of both WW2 and the Coldwar. Anything but boring and soulless.

BUENOS AIRES?

PERO VOS ME ESTAS JODIENDO PAPA?????

UGHHHHHHHHHH

buenos aires is gorgeous??? why would you think otherwise

>helsinki
>DUNDEE

wtf, who made this shit

mentioning's

>Montreal #1
Stopped reading there lmfao

Not a single american city

My sides

Wtf

I'm from Nagoya

It's definitely clean but it's a boring medium sized concrete jungle

No unique architecture or particular culture like some European cities

We have a cool looking ball though

Boring? Literally the opposite of it

Ugly and a shithole in general? Yes.

I just think this list isn't right. Even we have 15.000 different towns in the country. It shouldn't be hard to find some more beautiful towns. (I'm not complaining about the fact that no Néerlandophone town is mentioned in the list btw)

>no Leningrad (at least I heard it was gorgeous in the 60s)
>no Paris
>no Venice

>Montreal

fucking really?
I like montreal, but it's really on the down turn. If you wanted a pretty Canadian city, Vancouver or Quebec City are much better choices

list is shit

>3. Curitiba
They could at least do the decency of leaving us alone.

>1. Montréal, Canada
>2. Buenos Aires, Argentina
somehow understandable but I definitely wouldn't be putting cities like these on such list
>3. Curitiba, Brazil
??? the fuck is beautiful about it? it's a typical concrete-ocean brazilian city I get that it has a lot of green spaces but still definitely shouldn't be on this list
>4. Bilbao, Spain
why not Barcelona?
>5. Turin, Italy
ok, but there should be also Florence, Milan and Rome
>6. Graz, Austria
*Vienna
>7. Berlin, Germany
what the... why not Munich?
>8. Helsinki, Finland
IMO Stockholm>>>Helsinki but whatever
>9. Dundee, Scotland
Dunwhat? Why not Edinburgh? It's much more imposing than that village.
>10. Shenzhen, China
how is Shenzhen beautiful? cyberpunk skyscrapers?
>11. Shanghai, China
kind of understandable
>12. Kobe, Japan
>13. Nagoya, Japan
why not Kyoto?
>14. Seoul, South Korea
ok it kind of has some significant historical landmarks
>15. Beijing, China
Beijing is certainly ok, simply because of all of these marvelous Chinese landmarks but why are there 3 Chinese cities on this list? Chinese cities are piece of shit generally.

also this, some Lowlands city should be included, Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Amsterdam...

Cuenca is pretty.

so is cuba, but does cuenca not smell like piss and heated garbage?

Curitiba is one of the greenest cities in the world, I think the second.

It smells like heaven.
It´s a very clean city.

>basically it's modem planned cities only not "natural" cities like in most of Europe and the old world
Except Curitiba isn't planned, and I think BBAA isn't either.

"Greenest" doesn't mean "beautiful". Specially if you consider downtown looks like shit and it literally stinks.

The central part was planned. Just look at the drawing of the city. It was like Maringá, the city tried to follow American model.

roteirosjali.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/1.jpg

>1. Montréal, Canada
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

t. someone who actually lives in this shithole

>Berlin
>not Venezia

hmh.. no.

>beijing
fucking WHAT?

The fact that this list includes any chink city, where smog is so thick you cant actually see the city, makes it a complete joke. How can you say that a city is beautiful if you cant actually see it?

Not even the historical centre was planned, this was originally just a village used as a convenient resting point between the countryside and Paranaguá port.

In your pic, it gets kinda obvious when you see the streets don't grid properly, not even on the centre.

Turin is pretty but not THAT pretty, probably hipster list

Québec City is much better than Montréal though

>not one (1) but three (3) chinese cities

I call bs

This is a place that was done without planning. Does it look like the photo I showed?

>Berlin in the list
>helsinki in the list
>smogjing in the list

yea no

Having a grid doesn't mean the city was planned. I think the one you're posting has those excessively tortuous lines because it's far older, that's it.

See pic for another example - natural city, and yet with an almost perfect grid.

Buenos Aires is beautiful

Usually, if you cannot/don't want to check some history about the city foundation and growing, you'll identify planned cities by, well, a plan. "Those will be the main avenues, all traffic should redirect to them, this is the basic city layout", all kind of stuff.

You mentioned Maringá... well, here's downtown Maringá. Its layout is messy as fuck (fucking curved streets), but you can easily recognize the main plan. You can't do the same for Curitiba, Rosario or Oslo.

>Berlin
opinion discarded

topkek.
You have a garbage fetish m8?

>Helshitskin

Buenos Aires is nice, though.

Of all of the places in the UK, why Dundee?

At least they didnt put London I suppose

>TURIN, ITALY

Thank you, I appreciate that. I think Antwerp would be a great addition. The city is becoming more popular. They are turning a gothic (probably late gothic) stock exchange into a beautiful commercial place right now. Other cities which deserve to be on the list are Gdánsk, Vilnius, Istanbul, Nürnberg, Strassbourg, Aarhus, Colmar, Vienna and Toledo according to me

> New World
> Asia
> ex commies

I call it bullshit

Inferiority complex much, bönde shit?

I see I touched a nerve there, why so defensive Helshitskian?

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

we literally have like 6 stra dogs per person in buenos aires, and people litter a lot

And outside the three streets copypasted from Paris, the rest is worse than your average latam shithole

You can clearly see when they stopped giving a fuck

Ikr, i visited it only once and i can't stop thinking about it