Popular music artist releases a couple great album but the releases get worse as they age

>Popular music artist releases a couple great album but the releases get worse as they age

>Classical composer gets better with age

Why does this appear to be the case?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=itLAlTJt8cs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

discipline

Popular music takes no actual musical skill to write, the skills you use are being able to put together patterns and themes which will appeal to the majority of people; there's no space to expand and overtime you're forced to make worse music because you've already done the best you can with the limited framework you can work inside.

Classical, or for that matter any music that is more 'theoretically' written, is improved with practice and experience.

normies have short attentions spans so u gotta keep trying to make hits for them to relate too
making pop music is fucking hard

Pop artists work with formulas that they are unable to leave since nobody gives a fuck about them unless they're doing their shtick. I'll also bet that more often than not those pop stars aren't even interested in leaving their comfort zone. This creates awful stagnation and disillusionment.

Composing classical music is, I imagine, like a scientific investigation backed by emotion. You keep investigating new things, and creating new works from your discoveries.

You're onto something but not quite. Saying non classical music stakes no skill is taking it a bit far. The thing is most "normal" music contains a vocal message, there's only so much you can say before you run out of things. Classical music uses instruments alone to convey the message in which case you can never transmit the message 100% and certainly so not in your early stages.

TL;DR: Popular music takes less effort to get it's message across.

i'd give that chick my pianist hahahahahaha whoooooo.

but for real tho what's her name?

pop is about immediacy through simplicity
classical is about complex, deliberate effort

both are good

Lucy Liu

just because pop music sticks to the same verse/chorus formula doesn't mean its any less theoretical.

>being able to put together patterns and themes which will appeal to the majority of people

you have to use theory to find those appealing patterns

then why did classical composers turn to minimalism in the second half of the 20th century?

minimalism =/= simple

just because it sounds repetitive doesn't mean there wasn't advanced technique in composition

but that doesn't really answer OP's question. If it took less effort to write then why do musicians tend to stagnate creatively with age? surely they would be more practiced and experienced as well so it should be a breeze to write popular music

Perhaps you just don't understand the rationale of pop music. too bad OP

Playing a loop of something/in real time without a loop machine over and over gets really difficult

Depends on who you're basing this on.
people like taylor swift and beyonce are improving each release. could add adele to that if you wanted
But for everybody else. they usually always sucked and people caught up to their gimmick and they couldn't find a new one.

Yuja Wang loves Kid A.

Forth poast, bhest poest.

that isn't even what I meant but you're right

To write good popular music you have to be a magical person and that magic dissipates once you get old

To write good classical music you have to be autistic and do a bunch of math that nobody likes to listen to

she's got yummy armpits

I think she's Yuja Wang.

youtube.com/watch?v=itLAlTJt8cs

Do people respect her for her talent or do they just appreciate her 'body of work'?

Yuja Wang can have my Huja Wang

ALL HAIL THE NEW KING OF Sup Forums

Yuchekamai Dubs

If classical composers are so talented why don't they write the best pop song they could just to show everyone else?

How can men who had never even heard of a recording studio be the greatest musicians of all time?