What went right? How was she able to blow every pop artist out of the water like that?

What went right? How was she able to blow every pop artist out of the water like that?
Some will claim it's the producers, but the same producers that worked on Emotion also worked on plenty of shitty, trite music. Clearly Carly is one of a kind.

She's a good songwriter. It's a shame she's not more popular.

Nigga, what? Not popular enough? She's fucking well off. Stop this meme

Based Carly went full 80s. She's the queen of Sup Forums now.

her album and single sales show that she's not as popular as the recent Carly posting on this board would suggest

slay

i keep seeing this shit being posted around here. i'm gonna give it a try.

I'm not even a Carly fan (although Call Me Maybe is a guilty pleasure of mine) and I still love it,

her next album is going to reach the top 10 on the charts
lead single is top 10, at least one other single reaches top 20
cap this

>implying that's bad

wtf i'm a belieber now

Or I can report user- I know.

executive producer, which means he had no involvement with the music whatsoever

I mean we can zoom out and check out "let's make Carly sound good" inc.

What did he mean by this?

None of these producers would've been able to make this album without Carly's great songwriting and vision. She knew exactly what she wanted and went for it.
Like the OP says, all these producers have been producing subpar pop music for ages.
Why would Emotion suddenly be their first pop masterpiece?

The fact that the b-sides were really good does say a lot desu.

>Throughout the process of the album, it was revealed that 250 songs were composed.

Will we ever see the rest, Sup Forums?

How is she so prolific?

she literally does nothing but write songs all day
true artist tb.h

C-side when?

Because there's a fucking army of them

Doesn't mean shit.

Teams of 30 people get together to write and produce songs for Katy Perry and Britney Spears yet their stuff sounds like garbage.
Carly's involvement is obvious here.

is he proto-carly, Sup Forums?

You guys are overestimating how much producers do these days. These guys aren't Eno'ing or Spector'ing these songs, they literally show up to mix one song, get a credit, then leave. Just look at the tracklist. Each song has its own producer. That big fat list is that long because each song has its own producer.

meant for

No more bullshit than the Motown business model. Synthetic fame. Make a containment thread pleb.

I met Carly in a candy store in ocean city, nj yesterday. She was at the counter asking for what seemed like bags and bags of cherry cola gummies. The worker that was bagging the candy kept asking if she wanted him to stop but she told him to keep going. I tried to chat with her by mentioning how the gummies would probably taste good with actual cherry cola and she said "oh, did you have some?" I said no and then she said "well, then why would you say that?" I was mumbling trying to explain what I meant but then she snapped at the worker said "that's enough.", dropped two fifties on the counter and left without even taking the gummies.

She didn't keep cutting you off and saying "Huh?" ?
Impressive, very nice.