ITT: The last album that blew your fuckin mind

ITT: The last album that blew your fuckin mind

it was this for me, I've literally never listened to the Smashing Pumpkins before, even though I've known about them all my life..my friend decided to put this on and hoooly shit. I legit got vibes of listening to Interpol or OKC/In Rainbows for the first time. 1979 is indescribable..Farewell and Goodnight is so damn beautiful I can't even fathom half this shit, we were listening to Thirty-Three as the sun was setting, driving off to nowhere and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing

sorry if this is kind of a blog post or some shit but i needed to share

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=orutQKKsvp4
mega.nz/#!MJMwWLJD!go2l9KvHuezugN-Aiqc9VxTas6ZLmJmXMJIif7yIZHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also this legit happened like a day or two ago btw

Magical shit

Nah it's cool, we need positive stuff like this in Sup Forums , it's really cool to see someone really loving an album.

I think that the last School of Seven Bells release blew my mind because it actually came out. One half of the band, Benjamin Curtis, died from cancer back in 2014, yet they had enough to not only release one hell of a cover of Joey Romones I Got Knocked Down, but I got up, they made one final album that was Really good. That's just something beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=orutQKKsvp4

this

You'll have your mind blown again if you listen to it with the original vinyl track listing

and this

I could post any of their last three albums. Ridiculously talented band, remind me of how I felt listening to bands like The Mars Volta, Deftones and Tool for the first time as a kid

and this, listened to these 3 albums quite a few times this last week

in_rainbows

holy hell.

Listened to it for the first time like a week ago. Really one of the first albums I have liked all the way through on the first listen.

Smashing Pumpkins is grossly underated. Everyone creams over Siamese Dream when this and their psychedelic rock debut are just as essential. They may not have invented a sound, but they mixed so many others so well it kind of becomes magical and poetic.

If Corgan had offed himself after this he would've been Kurt Cobain tier

This one.

It's like everything you said except it's baroque pop

It's the perfect mix of corny synth and eager punk music

How have you never heard 1979 before?

I've listened to the first four albums they did, but I'm scared to move on further from that

i never heard Tonight, Tonight either, that was gorgeous too

The free album they put out (Machina 2) is pretty good. Zeitgeist is ehhhhhhhhhhh (ok hard rock desu) but Oceania is god tier

Album release concert dosed up.. Came to terms with the weirdness within me. May not be for everyone but it had a truly deep impact on the way i view myself

i really hope you've already heard siamese dream because it blows melon collie outta the water

no filler either, which is my main grip with melon

Oceania is stronk. The production gets a little overbearing but Thorazine and The Celestials alone are worth the price of admission.

GKMA.A.DC felt like more of an "experience" but TPAB has much stronger singles.

Echoes alone was enough to make me fucking transcend, this whole album is so goddamn evocative I can't help but go on an emotional and mental journey listening to songs like Echoes and A Pillow Of Winds

op here, I've always seen the album cover but I've never heard anything from it, if it's anything close to what this was then I'm all for it

Meddle is so close to being god tier. If only the band waited and put fat old sun on it instead of Seamus... arguably the worst pink Floyd song ever.

Yeah, Seamus totally fucks up the flow with the BARK BARK BARK but the good news is it's short

Mr. Bungle is terrible and you should feel terrible for having terrible taste.

This.
Here's a copy with the extra tracks added and the tags edited (track # and album name edited) so you can keep it in your library with the non-vinyl version desu.
mega.nz/#!MJMwWLJD!go2l9KvHuezugN-Aiqc9VxTas6ZLmJmXMJIif7yIZHg

This

true. It makes it way more consistant

To be honest I have no clue what prompted me to listen to it. Nobody suggested him to me and I had never heard of Moondog before I saw this album. just decided to give it a shot on whimsy and not its a serious contender for my favorite album of all time

listening to this right now :-)

the white album beatles

This album fucked me up for a little bit after I listened to it the first time. Not a lot of albums scare me, but the vocals on this thing really are spooky.

Truly a highlight in DSBM.

In general swans has blown my mind

One of the most creative albums I've ever heard.

This was made by one guy

+1 m8

Listen to it a few nights ago for the first time.

Blew my mind away, no bad songs.

whip it on me Jim

Legitimately this.

I had no idea the production was gonna be this good on some of the tracks. It felt like the future ps I am very high.

both of their albums actually. could not believe music like this was being make in the late 70s/early 80s.

Decided to listen to Swans for the first time and chose this one. Don't know whether to go backwards or forwards though.

here ya go

op I know how you feel I still think this album is GREATLY underrated. THIS MAN BILLY wrote a DOUBLE album and had the balls to have many songs in many different styles while sounding GREAT. you get everything. you get your fucking beautiful music you get your depressing music, you get your heavy music, your romantic music your love songs your ballads, your acoustic, your symphonic, your instrumental. HELL you even get your going to sleep music.
> inb4 fillers
Fuck you pleb they're not fillers you just don't know how to have fun or simply have shit taste

> If Corgan offed himself like Kurt did he would be cobain-tier
For years I have thought this and still do. hell if he never went bald and kept the long hair and offed himself after mellon collie he'd be twice what Cobain name is now.

It's this one for me lads.

That croon on For Reverend Green is pretty good.

I have been listening to White Pepper by Ween a lot lately and holy shit it's so goddamn good I can't believe I didn't appreciate it as much when I first heard it
This for me like a week ago, had never heard Kingston Wall before and driving through rural Oregon/Idaho very stoned with my gf listening to II was the best

im russian so dont ask why.
this shit hit me pretty hard.

haven't heard an album in a while that was packed with as many good tunes as this one

>He's going to listen to Siamese Dream for the first time in his life
OP I am mad jelly as fuck, that album is absolute top from start to finish if you love Mellon Collie

Not the last album but the first.

You should check out their SP and Moon demos. It's their best stuff. Listening to it blew my mind pretty hard I was a hardcore SP fan.

So fucking CRUSHING

I love the Smashing Pumpkins, Mellon Collie was the first album of theirs I listened to, and the only one I listened to for 3 years. it's embarrassing. but now I love everything they did up to when D'arcy left.

Anyway, this is currently blowing my mind

This album brought me back from a dark place.

is this a very technical album in places or does it just sound like it? the fripp+wilson remix sounds particularly stunning

you gotta listen to the rest of his albums if you haven't

this has also blown my mind for that reason

He was a total mess of a human being while making this.

Shadowplay in particular.
God damn that lick

This is everything that I felt hip hop lacked.

Bilateral blew me away back when I heard it in 2011. It is now in my top 10 favorites actually because of that.

This album is insane. A mix of terrifying and enjoyable. I'd recommend Bethlehem's Dictius Te Necare for you user. It's just as insane albeit more doomy.

Speaking of which, this is one of the best debut albums ever.

Back on track, been listening to Scald's only album The Will of Gods is a Great Power and it's fucking excellent.

I don't know if anyone else has listened to this, but this was really good, it combined the electric guitar and synths in general very well. Definitely one of my top 10.

I don't think I'm ready guys, some tracks off of Mellon Collie were so beautiful they practically made me tear up

fuck it here we go

Cherub Rock is giving me goosebumps, holy damn Billy Corgan's voice. This song is hard as fuCKK

lol. your brain will melt when you listen hummer

this along with the other early records