Do we know who is going to be on the USA Men's Basketball team...

Do we know who is going to be on the USA Men's Basketball team? It seems like a lot of people have been dropping out the past couple of months. Who would your 12 players be?

Curry
Klay
Westbrook
Lillard
Durant
Leonard
George
Lebron
Draymond
Cousins
Aldridge
Towns

pretty much this

Coach K and Nike are a sponsor, so there is no way Irving doesn't make the team. And I think Towns plays for the Dominican national team.

But that is a strong team. I do hope Lillard makes the team since I felt bad that he was an All Star snub.

They don't kick out players from the NBA who have some sponsor that isn't a NBA sponsor
That's ridiculous to think the opposite
Now Kyrie making it because he was a Duke player, that's possible

or because he already has experience playing for the US NT

KD
Melo
Westbrooke
Curry
Thompson
Iriving
Lebron
Love
George
Cousins
Draymond
Keonard

Who said anything about kicking out? There isn't a set team yet so there is nothing to get kicked out of. He would just be more likely to get picked because of his Nike and Coach K connection is all.

Lowry played himself out of whatever realistic chance he had of making it, unfortunately.

I'm going to assume 12 man squad

Pg:
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard

Sg:
Klay
Realistically james "the cuck" harden, I would rather McCollum or wade

Sf:
Leonard
Durant

Pf:
Lma
Griffin
(Did duncan ever win his gold? If not he should go)

C:
Jordan
Coward

>some minor adjustments

PG:
Curry
Lillard

SG:
Westbrook
Klay
Harden

SF:
Durant
Green
Leonard

PF:
LeKing
Davis
Griffin (if not able to play then Love or LMA)

C:
Drummand

>scartch that I'm taking out the Griffin-Love-LMA out for Cousins at C.

PG:
Curry
Lillard

SG:
Westbrook
Klay
Harden

SF:
Durant
Green
Leonard

PF:
LeKing
Davis
Manimal (fuck those other guys we need hustle)

C:
Cousins

>yet another change, fuck Harden -> George instead

PG:
Curry
Lillard

SG:
Westbrook
Klay
George

SF:
Durant
Green
Leonard

PF:
LeKing
Davis
Manimal (fuck those other guys we need hustle)

C:
Cousins

>US going this small on everyone's squad

that didn't work out well last time for the USA. Bronze.

There was a year that wasn't the Olympics where they had Lamar Odom play Center the entire time.

>result was gold

It worked extremely well during the 2014 world cup: biggest average difference since the 1922 dream team (despite the opposition being infinitely stronger than in 1992).

*1992 dream team

it worked well in 2010 too as says

The US team doesn't need a massive frontcourt presence with biug guys who hammer the opposition with their physical presence and fundamentals close to the basket. They don't have them anyway. What they need is hustling players who stand their ground in defense, give 150% intensity to exhaust the opposition, and take clean rebounds to feed the backcourt with clean and fast balls. Then they can have fun, as the US backcourt is a galaxy away from the rest of the world.

Why was this team so shit?

No Kobe because rape charges

0 team chemistry
0 basketball IQ
0 gameplan
0 scouting

>Take lenigger, Melo, Iverson and Marbury
>put them on the same team
>expect good results

It was doomed from the beginning

can we just either ban the us team or just give them the gold already? its not fair that the other teams are so shit

>Head Coach: Larry Brown
wew lad

The other teams are not shit (although not as good as they were 10 years ago). It's just that the US team is even better. And considering how deep their reserve is, it won't change in any foreseeable future.

Rest of the world. Are you people even trying?

No Kobe

With Curry the way he is now, do you think the US team can surpass their own record?

Depends on the attitudes. Get 4-5 guys on a court at the same time who are used to getting the ball all the time and you get some shit show of finger pointing.

Yeah. And not just because of Curry. The depth of the US backcourt is insane.

The SF position is especially unfair for the rest of the world. France, Spain, Lithuania, Greece or Serbia have Batum, Fernandez, Maciulis, Antetokounmpo or Kalinic.
Meanwhile, Coach K can say "oh noes! Lenoard is in foul trouble!!! Should I put James, George or Durant instead? I know! Let's put them all with KD at SG, George at SF and James at PF!!! Yeah I'll do that. Too bad I have to put off Klay and Lamarcus, but whatever."

outside of the really young 03 draft players & Duncan this team is utter shit