Overrated but passable, properly-rated or Overrated shit?

??

overrated but passable

Why is George Lopez with them?

Cobain had a nice ear for pop melody so that plus the whole aesthetic of the era, gen x bla bla bla seems to make them properly rated to me

None of the above.

They're overrated but still very good.

overrated as fuck

Korn is far better

This desu

Who are those?

MTV Unplugged might be one of my favorite albums ever made, and i've been trying for years to find something like it.

tfw you will never hear what Kurt would have made next :( He said he was bored of grunge in interviews before he died and had some projects planned

underrated desu

Those Shitty pop covers is one of your favorite albums?

Yeah it is, but I sware to god I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by liking it :( I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings! Is there any chance you could forgive!?!?

overrated but passable, overrated shit is Foo Fighters.

Fuck the Foo Fighters and Fuck David Grohl

Painfully overrated and certainly not passable. Nowhere near as atrocious as Foo Fighters though

Faith in Sup Forums restored

all grunge bands are awful user

Underrated. One of the greatest bands of all time and everybody here hates them because
>so edgy
When if they actually listened to the music they would see there's nothing edgy about it.

How is Nirvana overrated. They songs are catchy as fuck, their lyrics while meaningless are very evocative and allow you to draw your own meaning, they changed the course of rock and were the most successful band of the 90's with only 3 albums, Kurt Cobain had a killer voice. And they're still very popular even though some 32 years have gone by since Kurt's suicide. How is that overrated exactly.

Oh ok, how can I even enjoy their music with such a compelling argument.

Did he really kill himself or did somebody murder him? Also properly listed. Nirvana got me into music and they have a lot of great songs.

Nirvana unplugged is one of the comfiest albums m8

Overrated =/= bad
I really enjoy their music, but the amount of praise they receive is disproportionate to the quality of music imo. Kurt was in this halfway house between catchy pop-rock and noise rock, and the balance was never quite right. Individual songs showcased he could do both (Come As You Are and Scentless Apprentice respectively)

tl;dr they're good, but others did what they did better

this this and so much this.

Don't get me wrong they ARE good but overrated as fuck and the only reason edgy kids consider them god tier is because kurt died. Bloody hell, Layne Staley died at the same day and nobody barely talks about him yet every fucking year is just the same "hurr durr what a beautiful soul kurt was, much artist such wow".

Anyway, smashing pumpkins are underrated as fuck.

>they can't be overrated, they're popular

This

I appreciate Layne Staley user

i have a m8 who went through a Kurt Cobain stage a few years ago. He dressed exactly like Kurt is in this pic. He had the hair too but didn't dye it blonde, i guess that would have been too obvious.

What's sad is that he was early 20s and not a teenager kek

gotta hand it to them though, they had a pretty distinctive sound which stood out definitely, pleasant to the ears indeed.

layne will always be second to the GOAT

Its idiots like you that make them overated.
>Best band in 90s
cleary your opinion. People are still discover unheard greatz from the 90s(NMH)

>changed the face of rock
The were not doing anything new and copied sounds and ideas from other bands such as the Pixies, Bob Mould, meat puppets and Husker Du.And they and other bands did it better. You sound like a person who never heard anything outside of Rollingstone and Top 40.

>1994 is 32 years ago
Unless youre a time traveler kill yourself

>overrated but passable
This. It's fun but too shallow and simplistic, gets boring quite fast

Overated but passable. Theyre with Led Zepplin. If you like em its cool but if theyre youre fave then you have bland vanilla taste

Hideously overrated but I actually enjoy a lot of their music

fuck off

Properly rated, but you have to listen to it for what it is. You can't expect virtuoso guitar or epic 10 minute cohesive pieces, but pop-metal doesn't get better than this