The fadeouts happen ~30 seconds later

It is not cheesy synthpop and instead something else

Why so rude user

Just being honest mate

How the fuck is violator Cheesy, it's one of their darkest albums

Remove the vocals

That only makes it more cheesy and forced

black celebration is much better my man

An album with "dark" material has a higher chance of being cheesy, Personal Jesus for example is goofy as fuck despite trying to come across as gritty

I suppose I love synthpop as a whole so I won't see exactly eye to eye

I thought at first it was too hook based, or "poppy" I guess, but I guess I take it as it is now: like a more accessible Coil

That would make all the Mount Eerie stuff better, keep the vocals on The Microphones but definitely modify the Mount Eerie stuff, don't know why he doesn't do that.

Remove the vocals

TURN IT UP

Even on full volume it sounds a bit quiet.

I just want to sing along to Big Sky at full volume damn it.

Cool cover shit album

Mate, the first half has four of the best pop songs ever recorded and the second half does prog better in half an album than Genesis managed in several.

What do you want, Kate to jump out the cover and suck your dick?

oh my lord

yes please

Wanna steal those doggos :)

bump for drunken rampages

I don't think it's trying to be too dark. Music video of Personal Jesus is goofy af, overall DM was never too serious or pretentious, that's why I like them.

>What do you want, Kate to jump out the cover and suck your dick?
well, who wouldn't want that?

user, i find the remastered version to be less impactful than the original, is that the one you're listening to at the moment?

ALL I EVER WANTED

bump

I'm actually a huge Kate fan and have both versions on vinyl. Its really a toss up for me because my new version is nice and shiny and my old one is scratched to pieces.

It's not really goofy it's more ironic. The conceit of a lot of their music videos is that Dave Gahan's character seems to think he's some sort of sexlovegod despite not even being very good at buying it.