Crystal castles is dead

>Crystal castles is dead
what did ethan mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

lisawiltse.photoshelter.com/image/I0000pNGIfqmebjk
vice.com/read/the-ghost-rapes-of-bolivia-000300-v20n8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>first safe album
All their albums are safe. What a stupid review.

The new CC are apparently terrible live, new girl has no stage presence.

>Producer Ethan Kath fired back with a statement containing all the sensitivity of a Donald Trump tweet
>Is that photo of several nearly identical girls intended as commentary on how easily Kath believes women can be replaced?

Lmao they are triggered

So in line with everyone else's scores? They were never some band lighting up the charts and scores. This board isn't even flipping out over it because it was expected.

they were always garbage

Honestly it was a dick move for ethan to even use the cc name anymore

> Its cover certainly doesn’t make it feel any less gross. (Is that photo of several nearly identical girls intended as commentary on how easily Kath believes women can be replaced?)

Seriously? That says a lot more about the reviewer than Ethan.

Why?

desu she just seems to be projecting her own inadequacies

CCI and II were at least fresh sounding
CCIII just ripped off Salem years after it was cool

p4k clearly have a hard on for Alice Glass still though

He likes to think that aesthetics matters.

Ethan shows he still has it in him but I want to see what alice will bring to the table. Her single was terrible but i'm still holding out hope.

Amnesty is easily 8/10

She has no motivation. After that awful nu metal song she released, she said a lullaby was coming out immediately. And over a year later, nothing.

top feet

meh, ethan shouldve just did a solo dj project instead. wouldve been way sicker. not sure if he can even produce songs like that tho.

and people still take this website seriously? maybe they were somehow relevant years ago.

She modeled for Alexander Wang in Fashion Week earlier this year

what does that have to do with her making music?
Gosha picks up random skaters to model his clothes big whoop

What an accomplishment

Look at the scene they bring in.

wang just rips off other designers so it makes sense

gross

Why does she look so different? It's like her face was totally reconstructed or something.

>nu/mu/ will never relive the glory days of aliceposting

Honestly their analysis of the cover was pretty interesting

I don't understand the appeal of Alice
She looks like a methhead
That said Ethan is a huge dick for what went down with her

You actually think that was the first of many reviewers to mention that friend?

I didnt imply that but okay

This is so dumb, CC already came out and said the title was because they worked on most of these songs for Amnesty International and are donating band proceeds from the album to them. This reviewer is either a moron or an asshat who failed at trying to be clever.

I agree the only people who don't like it are Alice waifu fags

She's so painfully not replaceable though.

That is some male feminist horseshit if ever there was any

not true btw

I really wish he would take a bath.

i agree with this
but i expected a 10/10 tho

edith fills that alice-shaped hole in my heart...

It was literally the same level of autistic, neckbeard-sweat as the current grimes obsession. Move on, man.

>neckbeard
not seen this used as an insult much recently.

this review is some of the dumbest shit I've read in a while, good job pitchfork

they lose an area for pitchfork to masturbate over or cling to - no fairly relevant female vocalist they fancied = fairly dumped on.

if crystal castles replaced alice with a black singer, they would have got a 10/10.
maybe that is be thinking the magazine is more fickle than they possibly are.
probably would have happened though.

i just assumed it was a photoshopped image. you know, simply using one girl and replicating her image all over the place rather than tracking down quadruplets.

Why do they assume he had the final say in the album cover? What about a possible group decision with Edith or even Chris? Pitchfork is shit so I shouldn't be surprised but this is just gross.

The picture is actually from some colony in Bolivia lisawiltse.photoshelter.com/image/I0000pNGIfqmebjk

vice.com/read/the-ghost-rapes-of-bolivia-000300-v20n8

Kinda bleak but it fits in with both the themes of their music and a similar motif with the III cover.

Its their most ritualzy album and ritualz were the only decent thing in witch house so it is their best

>CCIII just ripped off Salem years after it was cool
and was much better.

do they really have to take a million of the same gay ass fotos

The music sounds pretty in line with the direction they've been headed since III and new girls distorted vocals are close enough to sounding like Alice but I kind of agree. It's half of the original duo. Even if he was always the brains behind the group she was basically the leader

Pitchfork is such cucks. What a shitty review only like 30% of it actually talks about the music