You will never be as patrician as pictured

Give it up. You're four years behind now

But I thought the beatles invented music?

they did. music was just tuning up until then

That post is bs, everyone knows music wasn't invented until 1910

Autism

i thought that was when music started

fake and gay

that's some advanced autism damn

Feeling insecure, are we?

hey, autist redditor from that thread
have you started on tool or foo fighters?

Why would you go backwards? That seems rather counter-intuitive.

this is fucking retarded in way, its like playing all video games since pong or reading or watching all movies since the beginning

why do you think he is going backwards

fail to see how that's retarded

but how? no music records before 1900's

>what is music notation

what does this even mean? is he listening to his own music library? how much time does he spend listening to it each day?

that guy is a mega pleb

i did the same in 2 months, you just need to listen to everything 4x speed and something different in each ear

>4x speed
>not comprehending music at 10x speed

but music started in 1910

no it didn't, music still doesn't exist to this day

you can play the same notes on different instruments. would you say its the same >music< ?

>tfw music hasn't been invented yet

damn...

What's the point these shitty memes? Other than the joke about Darkgamer nothing in these thread is even remotely funny, and so painfully obviously trying to be. It's just cringeworthy really

what the fuck are you talking about you weird little man?

>Expanding your musical knowledge and allowing yourself to understand context by moving chronologically
>fucking retarded

>Reddit
You have to go back

XD

>took him four years to listen to like 4000 years worth of music.
rounding the mother-fuck down.

to be fair, all those 4000 years are full of uninteresting trash

it wasn't until tool, beatles or pink floyd existed that music finally stopped being shit

still, he claims chronological order. he hasn't even hit what you consider to be the worthwhile discoveries.

good for him I guess. I'd probably try it myself but I got shit to do

I literally started doing this (with western classical music) senior year of high school because I was tired of everything and went through the usual existential phases. Started with Bach though and got up to Darmstadts and beyond, eventually moving backwards from Bach and picking up some renaissance and medieval music.

Still in the process of discovery. Don't regret it at all.

music was simply just noise before 21 pilots

shhh don't mention that wisdom in this thread full of barely functioning sheeple

Are you this dense? I'm talking about this board's tragic obsession with lowbrow memes like music doesn't exist and shit, it's not funny. I get that it's a joke, it's just a terrible joke, and a waste of time. Why does Sup Forums always prefer stupid memes or surface level shitposting to actual music discussion?

>literally getting mad over some shitty memes

you're are autism levels are off the charts

Wrong. Wax cylinder recordings were sold commercially starting in 1899.

How the fuck do you even go about this? It sounds like a nightmare

>shoving tons of shit music into your ears and remember none of it
>thinking you're now super duper educated in music because of it

by that logic most people with a degree are not educated at all
which i guess is true

literally why live

solely for bragging rights

I hope he loses his hearing before he gets to the good stuff

Wrong. Music didn't start until 1910

we all know music started in 1977

it is fucking retarded, you cant appreciate music if you listen to it like this

>he hasn't seen the meme and is mad because he doesn't get it

>you will never be as patrician as this 14 year old girl

>decades into the future
>this man is now old and decrepit
>the national news and record keepers have surrounded his home and he is on live tv, being declared the first human to listen to every song
>he turns slowly and carefully to the interviewer
>"sir, it is an incredible honor to be sitting with the first person to listen to all music in history. Please, for the sake of humanity and all music fans everywhere, nobody else is more qualified to answer this question than you: after hearing every album ever made....What is the best album of all time?"
>he slowly sits up and begins to speak
>"I'm glad you asked.....if theres....one album...that deserves to he called the best.....it would be..."
>clutches his chest
>dies of a heart attack

t. Christgau

Damn feministrocker, you DESTROY that ageist system. isupportyourrights needs to stay in their fucking lane tho

tbqh women who listen to really obscure/experimental music are always, without exception, fucked in the head

>...R
>...R..
>..Rosebud

Please don't tell me people actually think that happened

This image makes me want to kill myself

wait
music existed before 1910?

women who are fucked in the head are also usually into kinky shit
where do I go to meet mentally ill qts?

this. degenerate fucked up qts are in the upper echelon of taste

HILARIOUS AND ORIGINAL

>he revives
>his pick is carly rae jepsen - run away with me

hey there bud. were you aware that music started in 1910?

>Cant appreciate a piece of media by seeing how its progressed throughout the ages and seeing where it peaks, dips and plateaus.
You're confirmed retarded

wait a second, didn't kurt cobain invent music?

They did, all the sounds before were just key influences in the creation of music.

this guy invented music

wait, I thought music was invented by Al Gore some time last thursday?

That is Al Gore dumbass

He's the bassist in that one band

I highly doubt that this autist listened to all music releases from everywhere on the globe in chronological order.

b-b-but...

>"It’s taken me four years to get this far and in those four years, I’ve seen music go from something that could only be enjoyed by the high class upper crust of society to something even the common man can enjoy."

What a fucking idiot, music has always been enjoyed by all classes of society. Folk music is an entire genre of music from years back that came from the lower classes. Just because we remember music listened to by the upper classes at that time doesn't meant it was the only music.

This is why reddit shouldn't ever talk about anything that involves history.

to be fair to redditshits, they were chewing his ass for saying that in the comments

that's why this dumb venture is blowing up: the hubris of claiming to have heard all music, with really obvious clues that he just didn't.

I have listened to every single piece of music since the beginning of time

AMA

Well didn't music start as a way to worship God? I wonder how long it took him to listen to all those chants.

there's always been a sacred/secular divide. music for worship or ritual was restricted, and music you could just play for fun, dancing, public singing was everywhere
one of the reasons religious liturgical chants were so awe-inspiring was because you couldn't just hear them everyday. the rarity of the experience increased their aura of being transcendent of the everyday, secular reality, gesturing toward something otherworldly.

That's all theory, user. How the fuck would anyone know how music started?

I knew a bunch of women who either organized a shitload of concerts or were very involved in the experimental music scene of the city I used to live in. Concerts where acts like Ultralyd or Dustin Wong played.
All of them were quite sane compared to my ex-gfs who listen to more mainstream music in comparison.

did you like my music?

>yeah oh i'll listen to every album just ONCE, and i'll truly understand it and appreciate it

i'll just quit arguing with you autismo

/r/ all_music.torrent

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>reddit

What a dumb shit.

How does he account for Africans making the same drum beats and chants for presumably their entire existence? Only the upper class could afford drums?

wtf you guys are talking about, System of a Down created music

Radiocarbon dating illuminated manuscripts or whatever. I know there are examples of pre-historic musical instruments, but I wonder if there are any historically accurate recreations of their music or if such a thing would be possible.

>people seriously think "music" has come to fruition and has been invented yet

I bet you all seriously think baroque, classical, romantic, jazz, folk, country, electronic music, rock, pop, avat-garde, rap and all other things promoted as "music" are actually music. We won't see music until at least 2040 AD you fucking plebs.

Probably not, since music can be considered any combination of sounds that is pleasant to your ears.

>blames people for quoting a youtube meme
>quotes a youtube meme

i seriously want to do something this autistic now
i'm jealous of that ledditor

>music can be considered any combination of sounds that is pleasant to your ears
Actually music is both sounds and the pauses between them, which is why 4'33" is music and also it definitely does not have to be pleasing to anyone. That is not to say I disagree with you just that I do not agree entirely.

music started in 1910 idiot

>... blurryface by 21 Pilots

>people will actually believe this horseshit story

>4'33"

wow, what a nice song

i tried going through my library by alphabetical order once and i didnt even get past the number bands when i realized how stupid it was

So much cringe.

it's an instrumental, not a song.

well that's just completely stupid. at least there's logic to trying chronologically.