Sup Forums keeps telling me Tool is bad, but I still haven't found anything that pleasures my ears like they do

Sup Forums keeps telling me Tool is bad, but I still haven't found anything that pleasures my ears like they do

you will grow up one day

Don't listen to them, Tool is great.

Wow, what a fucking tool.

What will I listen to when I'm an adult senpai?

Puscifer

Puscifer is fucking trash

Tool is fine op, just don't be part of the insufferable fanbase

Still
Lateralus>the rest

BULL
SHIT
THREE
RING
CIR
CUS
SIDE
SHOW
OF

Tool are great

The average b& who listens to them give them way too much credit though

Also MJK is an asshole

The haters just don't get it.

Their music is Magical.

It took me a long time to get into and understand what all the admiration was about, but after I've finally broken into it...it's like their music is on an entirely different level. I started out on Opiate, I listened to it once, didn't get much out of it. Then I saw Escape From LA, and the director John Carpenter uses the song "Sweat" to perfect effect in the beginning of the film, and it just haunted me. I listened to Opiate again and it's like every time I listened to it, it eerily got better and better and became one of my favorite albums in a very short period of time.

Next I listened to Lateralus. Once again, didn't think much of it. Seemed like Tool was just experimental and overrated. Then listened to it again the next day... and it's like something unlocked in my mind overnight. The album was brilliant, amazing, and beautiful. It continued to get bigger and more incredible the more I listened to it. I've probably listened to it 50 times since then.

Yesterday, listened to Aenima. Remember feeling disappointed that it was no Lateralus. Listened again today, and it's brilliant, haunting, and marvelous. Tool does something I've never heard before; It's like they're playing with the very properties of music to set up something you can't understand at first, then blow your mind with a musical idea that couldn't have been understood or expressed in just a few playthroughs. Their music engages you on a spiritual level and shows you things you didn't know existed. If you don't like Tool, it's not because they're "overrated" or not as good as you've heard, it's because you haven't been enlightened. The best way to listen to them is to accept that the music is excellent and you're in good hands musically. If you try to judge it like you do most music, it will prevent you from understanding.

People who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks who who worship Maynard who worship Bill Hicks FIBONACCI SEQUENCE MAN go to fucking school

>Momma Sed
>Indigo Children
>Trekka
>Rev 22:20
>trash
Get a Q-tip for your ears, familia, that's solid sex music

>For the most part, I have no idea who those people are—especially when we're traveling through Europe. And it's not all our fault; it's a whole series of events. [You play] heavy music, and your record company, which has never owned an album anything like what you're doing, immediately markets you to the obvious stinky kid with the dreadlocks and the B.O. and the urine on his shoes because he's been sleeping in his own filth in a festival in the middle of the rain. They basically market right to that guy. And then you realize the only people showing up to your shows are those primates—these weird, cretin people… Then, let's say you're at a coffee shop, and you've got a friend sitting next to you, and you've been reading some Noam Chomsky, or you're reading The Onion, and you look over and see a bunch of kids [who] look like they could be made of cheese, because there are flies everywhere. And you go, "Hey, you want to go where they're going?" and everybody goes, "Fuck no." And they're wearing Tool shirts. Why would you want to go there? Why would anybody other than those kids wanna go see Tool if that's our representative in that area?

How can anyone say tool is not a great band?
I mean, they're not even my favourite band (and metal is not even my kind of music) but their works are just brilliant, that's a fact

>danny is a decent drummer, rest of the band is along for the ride

fify

all of those songs are mixed like shit tho

the only good music from puscifer is when Danny Lohner produces it

>Lateralus
>not Ænima

Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective

swans

Love Tool but I need new music from them. Lateralus is the only album for me that never gets old..

they are boring as fuck

Sup Forums as a whole fucking sucks, completely ignore what they say.

Their music from a technical aspect is amazing, and the drumming is jaw dropping, no one can deny danny.
Lyrics are decent, although I developed disdain for their spiritual lyrics after I grew out of my spiritual phase and realized it was bs.
Can't wait for their new album, apparently no track is shorter than 12 minutes

Tool is fine, the fan base sucks ass, and Maynard James Keenan is a douchehammer