So Sup Forums, do you use Spotify?

So Sup Forums, do you use Spotify?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZKp_jFxQJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never have, never will

no, I torrent

Spotify is for weapon grade normies. It's barely above Pandora in terms of plebian ways to listen to music. It's just lazy.

lol no

>listening to music you don't even know

There's a reason why physical media is still afloat

Yes. Spotify is really good.. I like the playlists they make.

yes I do

No, I'd rather buy music physically, or at the very least buy it digitally directly from the artist.

Does Sup Forums hate Spotify? It extremely simplifies the entire process of downloading an album, opening up the media player of your choice, and THEN listening to it (in subpar quality). If I want to listen to an album, I just search for it on Spotify.

Yes.

lol no why would I.

It seems like some people do. I don't see why anyone would get super butthurt about using it. It's a silly platform imo but who cares

>and THEN listening to it (in subpar quality).
He says while listening to a streamed album. Go back to facebook normie.

Owning physical copies of music or bothering to download it for listening is not worth the trouble when I only listen to most songs once or twice. Music should be enjoyed fresh. Spotify is excellent for that.

>the entire process of downloading an album, opening up the media player of your choice, and THEN listening to it
Unless your internet connection and/or computer is complete fucking garbage, the time and effort it takes is monumentally minuscule.

>(in subpar quality)
>implying the sound quality on Spotify is anywhere close to being more than subpar

>I only listen to most songs once or twice

>implying 90% of my collection isn't flac

I don't even know what Spotifiy actually does.

Nah, use apple music or i buy physical copies of albums.

>the time and effort it takes is monumentally minuscule.

multiply that time and effort by 1000 albums

>implying I don't have Spotify Premium
Back to poorfag.

I have to stream because I'm on campus wifi were I can't pirate anything. On Google Play tho

Nobody on Sup Forums should be using spotify when you could be downloading your music and or buying physical

>if i want to listen to an artist i look it up on Spotify
yeah good luck with that. if you like only generic normie shit then cool but you need to know the library of Spotify is extremely lacking and its not even that it doesnt have super obscure albums, it literally has uncomplete discographies and like one album for artist that have like 6

That doesn't really mean anything unless you're downloading 1,000 albums at once.

>not listening to music on a Youtube playlist

>listening to music

Yes

>listening

Yeah dude convenience is for plebs

I only buy authentic first-pressing vinyl to use on my $5000 stereo system

Because that just makes sense

Yeah, I do only like "generic normie shit." Persian neo-psych crunkwave harsh noise post-proto-Britpop doesn't quite appeal to me.

99% of what I listen to is on Spotify and the rest I dl from the archive

streaming + archive is the best option, but keep feeling superior about your """""obscure"""" rym-tier taste

I have spotify because my laptop broke and I can't torrent albums now.

It is nice to be able to listen to new stuff I hear about instantly instead of having to go home and download it.

Not really. The ads pop up every 5 minutes and songs fuck up all the time. Not to mention you have to buy a pro account in order to use it on mobile. It's essentially a shitty recording of a radio broadcast on a scratched cd.

Also to add to that, it has most stuff I listen to but is missing plenty of artists and albums

I think by "use spotify" he means using the paid version. It's $10 a month to listen to most of my library with the convinience of not having to find a torrent, download it, and copy the files to my phone.

I'm talking about it in general. Spotify is absolute bullshit. You'd be better off finding a low quality video on youtube

yes, I do
a couple years ago when I saw an album or artist that interested me posted here or wherever else I would add it to a long list on a text file and forget about it, now I can take 10 seconds to look it up on spotify and save to my library and then I'll actually get to it at some point, and then if I like it I'll buy it, the only other options are
1: youtube - even worse quality
2: be a pirate - I'm actually a productive citizen who supports professional artists

>in general
Nobody serious about music listens to the free version
Premium Spotify is cheap as fuck and extremely convenient

Yes, it has a lot of the albums i want plus many that are not downloadable or purchaseable anywhere else from local bands or just small bands from other countries.
If an album is not on spotify i torrent it and add it to spotify.
Its simple, the discographies are well organized, has both the original and remasters, eps, correct album covers, a tab with the band's history, and you are sure that you are getting at least 320kbps, torrenting it doesnt warrant any of that

It would be impossible to do /daily/ if not for spotify, many regional folklore albums can not be found on the internet

>2: be a pirate - I'm actually a productive citizen who supports professional artists

>espresso is stupid anyway
>who has the time
>only hipsters use beans

Saying that paid Spotify is shit and normie just shows that you're a tryhard Sup Forums drone who repeats """"facts"""" other retards on this site tell you
>thinking you're more cultured because you go though more work to acquire and listen to music
wew

you're a faggot

Premium users get great sound quality. Free Spotify sucks, either cough up $10/mo for Premium or listen to music another way.

Premiumfags are the worst

I use it in my car, because I got sick of having my CD wallet stolen or crushed by idiots/myself.
Most of what I listen to is on there, and the little that isn't I have on my phone.
I will never understand why people get hoity toity over refusing to listen to music because it's not in FLAC.
I got sick of carrying my Cowon or Zen everywhere, which didn't help either.

nice bait

Get a job and it's super affordable.
Faggot.

I switched to Apple Music. Spotify was lacking on a lot of artist's discography

>essentially paying for digital music

>working

Kek

Literally less than a Starbucks coffee a month
If you can't afford it you're also a paycheck away from living in the streets

I think I switched for Chance's new album. Stayed for the ease of use

found the rymer

It's .003% of what I make in a day.
I'm willing to pay for convenience.
Do you bring a DAC everywhere you go?

>bragging about paying for music
lmao

Thank you for "supporting" the artist though

Only memerap

ITT: Neckbeard NEETS who don't have a need for music on their phone because they are always at their computer since they never leave their house and don't even have their own debit card and $10 a month to spare and mummy won't pay it for them

>paying money in exchange for services
fucking plebiens

yes

you know you can transfer files from computer to telephone mobile

the babby is still living using dialup to access Sup Forums

>It's .003% of what I make in a day.
You make three hundred thousand dollars a day?

This, I'm poor but don't really miss the money. Only NEETS, underage, or third worlders don't have that tiny amount of disposable income. It costs the same as getting takeout.

>he isn't using dialup

enjoy your plebeian connection retard

Truth. My gf had spotify premium and I was addicted. It's so easy to listen to new music. The The is rgeat but it's way to hard to find his music, Spotify has it all. All the "obscure" Sup Forums shit it's almost all on Spotify.

>My gf
Get off my board.

youtube.com/watch?v=zZKp_jFxQJc

i do at work, download at home
sometimes i wanna check out an album without searching a DL link so its convenient as fuck
i use it on my phone too cause i dont wanna fill up my micro sd

u sad fucks choosing sides when u can choose all of them lol

Jesus christ I hate that video

>

No, it costs $10 a day, divided by 30 days is $.33.
I meant that per day, it costs .003% of my daily pay.
I definitely could have worded that better, but I didn't because I'm dumb.

FUCK BOYZ GET MONEY FUCK BOYZ GET MONEY FUCK BOYZ GET MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

How much is moot spotify paying asian moot to shill here?

spotify is goat and as a small indie artist its also where we make most of our money

It's tedious and is a bit of a chore to download + transfer music, I'm fine with doing it for stuff that's not on Spotify but don't want to do it for every single album or song I want to listen to. Also it's nice to be able to access Spoitify's sizable library when you're out somewhere and a friend wants to put something on, they just search for it and it's there instantly.

inb4 reeeeee normie, go back to /r9k/ faggots

It costs $10 a month retard

I hate that video so goddamn much.
I apparently look enough like that faggot that people think it's cool to approach me in the street.
Considering plastic surgery to stop it unless I can trick dumb broads into thinking my studio apartment is in that video.

by doing some simple math you make 3333,33 dollars per day

You're just a pessimist and that's holding you back from getting a lambo

Welp, I can't type.
I'm gonna go neck myself.

It's $10/month, not $10/day

So you make eleven thousand dollars a day?

just go along with it and give people horrible advice and tell em to check out your videos. He'll eventually hear about it and you know that asshole will go crazy knowing you're sullying his righteous name

>I like this product and this is why, I pay a company some money and get something in return I enjoy

REEEEEEEEEE SHILLLLL

>doing some simple math you make 3333,33 dollars per day
You're legitimately retarded.

$10/month / 30days/month / 0.00003(0.003%) = $11,111.11/day

I use it, and it's making me really lazy tho
I don't have patience to search for torrents anymore

good. that's the point.

You realize we're on/mu/, not /r9k/?

This is an interest board, not a defeatist whiny pity party board that gets triggered as much as a tumblrina.

Lol same

If I really want to listen to a song not on spotify I'll search for it on the YouTube app.

>he probably doesn't understand what percentage means
>this means he makes ~$111 a day
>assuming a regular 8-hour day this means he makes $13.88 an hour
>minimum wage in New York is $9.00 an hour
>these are the people who call you plebs for your music taste on an anime image board

>neck myself
wasn't this a thing among autists and middle schoolers like 6-8 years ago

>its a "Sup Forums does math" episode

Get. Off. My. Fucking. Board.
And don't talk to me ever again.

Get a seedbox mayne

>it's a Sup Forums doesn't actually talk about music episode

Yeah, I don't care about artists at all. I would just pirate their shit instead.