Amerifats use metric system for food

>Amerifats use metric system for food

Intedrasting

Other urls found in this thread:

escapehere.com/inspiration/unescos-15-most-beautifully-designed-cities-in-the-world/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States#20th_century
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Our auto industry went metric a while back, and of course science uses CGS units.

We're slowly catching up with the rest of the world. We need to old tards to die off.

you'll never take away my quarter pounder, you fucking frog.

>science
>cgs
i hate those memetastic units such as erg

Kilowatts are a better measure of power anyway.

Nah man, it's unfortunately become a point of pride/nativism for you, there were in fact metrication efforts being pushed by the US government that got reversed out of simple stubborness in the 1970's

escapehere.com/inspiration/unescos-15-most-beautifully-designed-cities-in-the-world/

It's as hopeless to expect Americans will change in this regard as it is to expect Indians will end open defecation any time soon. You people simply like your ways no matter how backwards.

Wrong link my bad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States#20th_century

I fucking detest working on anything home-related because I have to dig out my dusty fractional tools. All my vehicles are metric and those are the tools I want to use. Fractional is shit.

"Let's see... the 11/32 doesn't work. Should I try the 5/16 or the 3/8?" DERP. Only in 'murika.

It says that most americans study metric system in school yet on Sup Forums many don't know metric.
American 4channers are low class then ?

>I'm too stupid to understand fractions
Christ you're embarrassing

A french guy embodied fractions
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal

No, it's that you have to do the conversions all the time.

"8mm is too small. OK, nine it is." Literally only Liberia and Myunmar are the only other countries as retarded as America.

We know how to convert within the metric system, for instance 1 m = 100 cm. We're never taught/don't know how to convert between metric and imperial, or how to really internalize metric, which is where the confusion arises.

Depends on what you mean. Our land system is based entirely in imperial, and even Brits still use mph speed limits, so it's unlikely that inches/feet/miles will ever die off. That being said, meme stuff like Fahrenheit and BTU might kick the bucket.

Except mcdonalds themselves offers a third pounder?

>tfw the US would have been the second ever country to use the metric system were it not for the Quasi War

>American education
>Mexican intelllectuals

the ton is an imperial unit of measurement though (2000lbs)

>CGS units

Bane of my fucking existence. When working with data published 30-40 years ago I end up spending more time converting between these stupid fucking things than doing actual work. God am I glad everything is in SI now.

Don't you use the metric ton ? (1000 kg)

Is not 1 ton just 1000 kg ?

A tonne/metric ton is 1000 kg.

A US ton is 2000 lb, I believe the UK ton is 2200 lb though I could be mistaken in that (they differ because Britain changed theirs after American independence and Americans never really used stone)

Ton vs. tonne

>In American English, a ton is a unit of measurement equaling 2,000 pounds. In non-U.S. measurements, a ton equals 2,240 pounds. A tonne, also known as a metric ton, is a unit of mass equaling 1,000 kilograms.

a british ton is 2240lbs, while an american ton is 2000lbs

but we sometimes use the imperial tonne too (different spelling), which is 1000kg

Do you ever fire up the unit conversion app on your desktop and play with obsolete / esoteric units?

I love furlongs per fortnight.

you may be autistic user

>More than half of the participants in the Yankelovich focus groups questioned the price of our burger. "Why," they asked, "should we pay the same amount for a third of a pound of meat as we do for a quarter-pound of meat at McDonald's? You're overcharging us." Honestly. People thought a third of a pound was less than a quarter of a pound. After all, three is less than four!
hmmmmm

Makes sense. I'm an engineer.

>that tiny amount of fries

>fries
French fries please

Freedom fries. Benefits both of us.

that's a big burger

For you.

your mom's a big burger

"Ton" in this context is an imperial measurement equalling 2,000 lb, and here probably used figuratively anyway.

I would rather you Gen Z niggers fuck off and die.

>Didyouknowblog.com

Ebin source

our ton is different from metric ton

>Our auto industry went metric a while back

Not fully which is the most enraging shit ever. Whoever thought using both imperial and metric nuts and bolts on a car should be castrated

do you know what they call it there?

i am a big burger