Fav Ys tracks in order?

Fav tracks in order? (Don't wanna use best-to-worst because we're talking about Ys here)

For me

>Cosmia
>Sawdust & Diamonds
>Only Skin
>Emily
>Monkey & Bear

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KKB9Xrrp1cY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wow same.

I wasn't expecting this.

>sawdust & diamonds
>emily
>only skin (the "be a woman" section is my fav part of the whole album tho)
>monkey & bear
>cosmia

unpopular opinion but cosmia has never really appealed to me, it's the one song where i feel like the arrangement is too...idk overindulgent, maybe? the last two minutes are great, however.

only skin > emily > cosmia > s&d > m&b

this is hard, damn. i think i basically agree with you except two and three are tied or maybe switched

Just to get into a little detail:

Cosmia because throughout the song, those chords flow into each other like water, its so goddamn smooth. And something about that "bread and water" little chorus is just so wondrous and poetic musically and lyrically idk what it is about it it just speaks volumes to me

Sawdust and Diamond cause of the 100% harp, that 'pleading' feeling of the verses mixed with sweeping choruses both in terms of tone and harp playing. Also love the movement in her playing but the lingering in her voice.

Only Skin for the spread out and the repeated rising chord progressions, interrupted endings, and that 5:33-6:00 part is one of the most beautiful moments in any song I've heard of hers. Also that duet towards the end is so good, his heaviness and her airness go together beautifully

I love Emily's lyrics, harp never shimmers out too much, just plays along with her voice

Monkey & Bear - same vein with Emily, although alot more chromatic and technical. Doesn't have Emily's charm, but still great on its own

Overall 5/5 album and so happy to have found it (ironic since I started with later releases and worked my way backwards)

Only Skin>Cosmia>Monkey and Bear>Sawdust and Diamonds>Emily

>Only Skin
>Monkey & Bear
>Sawdust & Diamonds
>Emily
>Cosmia

Emily > Monkey & Bear > Cosmia > Sawdust & Diamonds > Only Skin

>1. Monkey and Bear
> Only Skin
> Sawdust and Diamonds
> Cosmia
>5. Emily
i listen to Joanna Newsom every day

Cosmia is great, but easily the worst on here

Only Skin > Emily > Sawdust & Diamonds > Monkey & Bear >>>>> Cosmia

I fucking love every song, but if I absolutely had to rank them...

>Emily (that whole bit starting from "Come on home now" to "dolourous with vines" is probably my favourite in the album) Also the arrangement she used in the Divers tour was insane.

>S&D. The polyrhythms, her voice, the "gibbering waves" part... everything, really.

>Only Skin. I mean... the "Be a Woman" part... Bill's vocals in the end... the epic nature of the song. Also great to check out how the song formed as a whole from different bits originally (Check out "Be a Woman" on Youtube and the original piano version of the "Show me the house" bit)

>M&B. The ending of that song is so fucking powerful. Took me the longest to get into of all the tracks in the album though, for some reason. Beginning's a bit weak at first. Grown to love it though.

>Cosmia. I love Cosmia but The Ys Street Band version is superior .

i dont know if i can chose between emily, only skin, and sawdust and diamonds.

i guess if i have to it'd be
sawdust and diamonds>only skin>emily>cosmia>monkey and bear

1.Only Skin - The most complete song on this album... could work independently of the rest imo
2.Emily/Cosmia
3.Monkey & Bear - great storytelling... good morale to the ending
4.Sawdust & Diamonds- Never really got this song... lacks the diversity of the other songs which keeps me hooked

We can all rank Ys, how about HOOM(each CD separate)? I'll start.

CD 1:
>Have One On Me
>Easy
>No Provenance
>Baby Birch
>'81
>Good Intentions Paving Co.
CD 2:
>In California
>Go Long
>Occident
>Jackrabbits
>You and Me, Bess
>On a Good Day
CD 3:
>Soft as Chalk
>Esme
>Ribbon Bows
>Autumn
>Kingfisher
>Does Not Suffice

Overall Top 3:
>Go Long
>Occident
>Have One On Me

>Easy and No Provenance above Baby Birch

What the actual fuck

>Does Not Suffice that low

>Overall Top 3:
>>Go Long
>>Occident
>>Have One On Me

>ranks In California above Go Long and Occident

what are you doing

>Emily
>Only Skin
>Monkey & Bear
>Sawdust & Diamonds
>Cosmia

The EP version of cosmia is GOAT, though. I also think this version of Monkey & Bear is better than the original: youtube.com/watch?v=KKB9Xrrp1cY

no provenance is beautiful man, baby birch is like the first song you get into on the album, it's still good but it's the equivalent of sawdust and diamonds on ys, the more you listen the more you like other songs
cd flow is important to me, if these songs were on their own my top 3 stands, but in california comes in really beautifully after Bess. I don't listen to this album's individual tracks but the individual CD's so my top 3 is really more of a live performance review
dunno man

Disc 1:
>Baby Birch
>HooM
>Good Intentions Paving Co.
>Easy
>No Provenance
>'81

Disc 2:
>Go Long
>Jackrabbits
>In California