British class system

So I was talking to a group of Danish girls today about Denmark and the UK, and one of them asked about the class difference in the UK (Working class, Middle, Upper ect) as if it's a big problem. So my question is how is the UK's class system seen by the rest of the world? More specifically Europe.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/education-37987166
knowyourmeme.com/memes/mikey-wilson-middle-finger-kid
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The working class no longer exist, they've been replaced by a dole scrounging underclass.

Thatcher, rather than replace the economies of the northern communities she ransacked, simply put them on a form of life support.

Corbyn will put the council estate wankers back to work.

Yank with a Wank father here...

I was considering moving to england and buying up cheap northern real estate single family houses and renting them out...

Will places like liverpool be shit holes forever, it seems like I can buy a cheap house for about 150,000 pounds and rent the shit out.

>I was talking to a group of Danish girls today
>girls

This information is not needed.

>Corbyn will put the council estate wankers back to work.

a true leafpost.

You would have been better off buying up all the niggervilles in London 10 years ago - you would have had a huge return lad. In terms of up North, it's always been a shit house, and even in the 21st century shows no sign of improvement.

what did you mean by this?

I get all of my information of britain from downtown abbey and keeping up appearances and they've taught me that the entire british life revolves around class and that people with peerage are superhumans who are above us lowly mortals.

more like cuck system

i don't know much about that, but if it's hard for a talented kid born to a working class family to get higher education to join highly skilled workforce it would be a loss to the UK.

>class system
Bourgeoisie wank, bring back caste system

>UK and India have class systems
really makes you thing

High class are the normans
Lower class are the anglo-saxon scum

This is why you need such a strong nanny state that bans forks due your lower class tendency to chimp out.

I think it is very strange that Britain still has this 19th century class structure, and I think it weakens your democracy

Corbyn will never be PM, he is not popular even among his own party.

>he is not popular even among his own party

You think wrongly.

elaborate please

well the difference was that the violence on the left was state sanctioned and therefore "OK"

Corbyn has amazing support in the Labour Party. You're thinking, or rather not thinking, of the Parliamentary Labour Party.

Corbyn is a massive Paki-lover

>Falling for the English meme

Houses in Scotland are much cheaper and so is the cost of living. The best thing about it is we make more money that the English on average

The class system is not '19th century'; it has existed arguably since the Roman invasion, but certainly since the Norman invasion.

Democracy is unaffected by the class system. The plebs has as good a vote as the upper class.

alri, where in scotland should i move to? The big two or something else? glasgow has a subway which i like

> Scotland cheaper than northern England
Complete nonsense.

>The class system is not '19th century'; it has existed arguably since the Roman invasion, but certainly since the Norman invasion.
I don't think I would agree with this.
Pre industrial revolution, most people used to be peasants.
Its only after that event that the class structure changed to workers, middle class and upper class.
And I think for democracy, the society has to be as homogeneous as possible, and having three distinct classes is no help.

Nope.

The 'merchant class' has always existed too; first called 'villains', 'yeomen' or 'burghers', then evolved into the middle classes.

>'merchant class'

sure, but they didn't have nearly as much influence as capitalists have since the industrial revolution.
And before that change, Aristocrates were the upper class

Different classes have no effect.

Britain has had the most stable government in the world despite the class system. Everyone knows their place in the hierarchy, and everyone mostly gets on with it.

>. Everyone knows their place in the hierarchy, and everyone mostly gets on with it.
Only if you are complacent, there is nothing stopping people from changing classes if you work hard enough.

True, but 99% of people don't.

>Everyone knows their place in the hierarchy, and everyone mostly gets on with it.
let me guess, you are upper middle class

continental Europe is seen as a very igualitarian middle class place, while the UK, while being seen as a very developed first world country, like Germany or Japan, is seen as almost as classist as a latin american third world country.

a place where the difference between social classes is huge, and even people from different social classes have different accents.

Accents tend to be regional rather than class based.

Not him but I'm working class and i can't really imagine what's it's like without a class system. Why's it such a big deal? Germany still has poor people that's we'd call "working class" and well-off people that we'd call "middle class". We just gave them names. It has no effect on your ability to move between the classes or make more money. Unless you're trying to crack into the upper classes

sure, germany has rich and poor people, but those people don't have a culture on their own.
They all belong to the same culture, and participate in cultural events like Oktoberfest, no matter if rich or poor

What makes you think the working and middle classes have different cultures and events? Only the upper class have their own cultures purely because the others cannot afford it.

India has a caste system, not a class system. Now clean my toilet

Tbh, this is mostly true. Working class generally have Anglo-Saxon names in my experience, Celts and Normans end up being the middle class, and then Normans are at the top

It does have a massive effect on the rest of your life, stop being an idiot

Explain how though?

>So my question is how is the UK's class system seen by the rest of the world? More specifically Europe.

you're massive cucks, easily distracted by kneejerk nationalism, the sun/daily mail/express/other cancer and football

you export neoliberalism everywhere and are now doind the chinks' bidding by destroying Europe's steel industry

bbc.co.uk/news/education-37987166

>the working class no longer exist

Fuck off yank

Nothing to do with the class-system though. Labour is near worthless and people are living so much longer and aren't retiring anymore
No one is telling you "you can't buy this house because you're working-class"

>a place where the difference between social classes is huge, and even people from different social classes have different accents

Only in very particular wealthy areas.

Both working class and middle class kids go to state schooling and residental areas are neighboring, there really is not much cultural difference.

It was apparent to me when visiting, but the "working class" don't seem to ever work at all so it's very confusing.

Classes have changed, but it's still there.

>there is nothing stopping people from changing classes if you work hard enough.

except public school boys with special privileges,'connections' and mounting university debts

Like that shit does not exist for the wealthy worldwide.

>"working class" don't seem to work

Then that isn't the working class, it's the low/under class.

private schools, """"public"""" schools in Bong, barely exist here, the rich send their children to state schools

we barely have students debt here

only the connections thing is true

it's simple, in England:

upper class : Normans
middle class: Anglo-Saxons
lower class: Celts

So your billionaires send their kids to the same school as someone on benefits? I find that hard to believe.

Nothing to do with the question asked, Geert. Now piss off back to your windmill

they send them to the same public school system, though many live in London so they don't have to pay taxes thank to non-dom status
i'm specifically adressing the english working class in my post

>they send them to the same public school system
So do they send them to the same schools or not? Will a billionaires kid be sat next to a postmans kid in class?

Not really. It's more like this

Nobility : Normans/Anglo-Saxons
Upper class: Normans
Middle class:Normans/Celts (Irish immigrants from the late 19th century and early 20th century)
Lower class: Anglo-Saxons

Could have just got rid of the whole first sentence desu. And the first 4 words of the second sentence.

couple of lads with multi millionaire parents were in my year at school 2bh

besides the prestige of eton etc. private schools are no better than most states

WRONG

I went to a private school and a state school - Private is much, much better

It's true, in fact the real Great-Britain died when the lower classes got uppity and good, reliable servants were impossible to get anymore. That happened after WW II, along with the fall of the Empire.

The last real Brit was Sir Patrick Moore. He died a couple of years ago.

>Will a billionaires kid be sat next to a postmans kid in class?
that's entirely possible, a guy in my old school inherited 50 million euros from his grandmother

So it comes back to money and not class.

sure, you probably went to a shitty state school then

just saying ofsted do a good job in regulating free education to a high standard for the most part

Private schools are great in Ireland at the moment but the new law for catholic schools is going to turn that shit upside down.

>government making laws for the Catholic Church
Seperation of Church and State my fucking hole

No m8 the indigenous Celts (Britons) are still a majority, of course they've adopted Anglo-Saxon names during the early middle ages (5th-11th century). They're faces show that they're Celts. Think Onslow of Keeping up appearances.

That was what the class system was all about, to keep everyone in place. The middle class was the old upper class, the Anglo-Saxons. Middle class bourgeoisie has noticable West-Germanic/North-Sea-Germanic (=Frisian type) facial traits. Lower class has Celt faces, indistinguishable from Scots/Welsh/Irish.

?
My parents both have rather modest incomes

>Lower class has Celt faces, indistinguishable from Scots/Welsh/Irish.
What the fuck are you talking about? This is Sup Forums tier shit.

What law? Google comes up with a load of different shite.

>Well blimey mister 'Olmes, you mean to say that 'e suffered 'alluni.. 'alloci... I mean 'e was seeing pink elephants?

>Yes inspector, and if you would inspect the residu on the floor, of course that is, if your men hadn't trampled all over it

look at your average football hooligan

>tfw will never be a working class football lad

feels bad

So how do explain that my working class british father has blonde hair, blue eyes and looks nordic?

Public Catholic schools are funded by the government.
Catholic schools are the best schools in the country since non Catholic and Protestant ones tend to be universally shit.
Modern Multicultural Ireland has tons of Muslims and tyrones who want their children to get the best education but Catholic schools have a Catholic children first policy.

The Eu has been putting pressure on the Irish government to make this illegal for years and considering Ireland is so progressive, liberal and EU dick sucking it will pass.

I can agree to an extent that it is not fair but Catholic children get most of their religious upbringing in school and go through the most important religious sacraments such as communion and confirmation through the schools.
There is going to be a lot of Catholic children that will be left out and will make those sacraments solo outside of schools which sucks.

It is something that has been going on for years but this is the end, rather than making it illegal the government should make more non catholic schools outside of Dublin.
They have been putting pressure on RTE to get rid of the angelus even though it has had it religious imagery removed and some areas in Dublin have had cribs removed at christmas.

danish rape babby

>You will never be able to raise your son to violently hate people based on a certain football team they support

Why even live?

rape babby

Disgusting. How people willingly sacrifice their own culture and their own children's advantage in their native home is a mystery to me

>will never get in fights for no reason over a football team

fuck life

literally a Dutch child lmao

smelly dumb insular celtic scum

continental celtic >> kakapipi > insular celtic

Being called a buzzword is worse than death, luckily my boss is a huge catholic.
He was complaining that people protesting the mosque being built in the town next over were shut down by SJWs and he was happy Trump won.

I am putting up a huge nativity scene in the shop window next week.

It's basically British culture to have as big a wealth gap and as much classism as possible.

Good lad

>over a football team

football hooliganism got to the point where it had fuck all to do with football, they'd all be in the cells or A&E before kickoff

plus some were legitimate organised criminals. where italy has the mafia, we had the chelsea headhunters lel

knowyourmeme.com/memes/mikey-wilson-middle-finger-kid

>Kids name is Mikey Wilson
>Wilson is an English name

Pretty sure it's just a English kid who's dad bought tickets believing his team would get to the final of the champions league, but failed and ended up siding with one side

he's wearing a rotterdam jersey you mong

Read my suggestion to why he's doing that you mong. You can also support a team that isn't inside your country. The fact that he still has an English name remains

sounds great lad

>will never go down to the pub after a good fight and then fuck some ugly brittish slags

>Many Dutch fans, including young Mikey, reacted by flipping the bird
>including mikey

our underclass has anglo names desu

Do they also have Anglo surnames?

Tell me, how many Dutchmen do you know with the surname 'Wilson'

>>Do they also have Anglo surnames?
you sent your durka-tier puritans here in the 1600's, so yes
>Tell me, how many Dutchmen do you know with the surname 'Wilson'
not an argument

>You'll never walk alone on his forearm
>Not an anglo underclass football hooligan

My original theory was correct lad

Well except it does, if you're born working class then you're much less likely to make decent money than if you're born middle class

That's because middle-class know other middle-class that can help their children get better jobs. This would be a thing whether we had a class system or not

glasgow is a fucking shit hole, even comparing it to parts of Northern England

Edinburgh is far nicer

If you read the article it was about education