What sport did you guys play? What position? Did you start? What was your number?

What sport did you guys play? What position? Did you start? What was your number?

>High School Football
>Lettered for three years
>started two years
>DB, mostly SS
>punt returner and kickoff gunner
>offensive weapon/utility
>4

I played every sport except for hockey cause I was poor and football cause we didn't have it

Was pitcher
SG for basketball
LB in soccer

Varsity soccer, fullback.
In high school I was on the crossbar-country running team (it was a glamour sport where I was from).
Also on the downhill ski team.

Hockey gear is like 600USD+ right?

I live in Texas and a lot of rich kids played hockey.

>high school football, lacrosse
>college football, rugby, lacrosse
>semi-pro football, semi-pro lacrosse
>state championship in football, starter at DT next to guy who went to NFL
>conference championship in lax, faceoff and attack
>all conference attackman and 2 year captain college lax
>2 year starter rugby tighthead prop, made national tourney final year

In semi-pro I got moved to center and nose which I am not fond of so I retired. I still play mens league lacrosse and coach college lax

Four athletes.

Well, I guess it's true. Sup Forums is nothing but neckbeards.

Pre-high school:
>Soccer, track, football, lax, tennis

High-school:
>Football, started, not too good, QB, DB, KR/PR
>Tennis, regionally-ranked, offered walk-on spots at D2 schools
>Mental illness got the best of me, didn't play sports senior year or my one year in college

Now:
21 yo, trying to get back into it, gonna go back to college hopefully in 2017, still got 3 years eligibility in D3

hold me, Sup Forums

Lettered for four years as our team's starting QB, took us to state, would have gone to USC/Alabama/Ohio State as five star recruit but I found Sup Forums.
>

>high school basedball
>centerfield
>lead off hitter
>#8
My one shining moment was in the state championship, bottom 9, 2 outs, man on 2nd & 3rd. My team is up one run and just needs to get the last out. Batter hits a blooper to shallow center and I made an amazing diving catch to get the last out and prevent the walk off.

I got 0 pussy out of this amazing play.

>soccer
>mostly winger, sometimes striker
>most years
>#3

Bowling was only a club sport, but I was on the upper team for all four years of high school and had the high game senior year (267).

>Looking at colleges
>Virtually zero schools with mens bowling, they all stuff women's on there to meet Title IX demand

i was going to try out for the soccer team but when the nurse was giving me my EKG i realized i was a fat fuck.

Soccer
LW
Starter all 4 years

Florida so all the Brazilians/Colombians/Cubans wanted soccer team dick, shit was so cash

>lacrosse
>varsity 2 years
>started on d but moved to d-middy after I realized I was a good sprinter for my size
>I just trucked people, picked up ground balls, passed to our fastest guy and ran off the field
>number 12 forever
I sucked

I generally disliked/hated sports when I was a kid, and didn't voluntarily participate in any. Although when I was very young, I put together a decent baseball card collection that I've stubbornly never gotten rid of.

By the time high school rolled around, my attitude towards P.E. was literally "Why am I being made to do this, this is stupid. I'm not fat. Where are the books, this is school, give me a book. School is for books." I got it (P.E. requirements) all out of the way sophomore year. Then in college friends would attend sporting events or go to the gym sometimes, and I sort of instinctively knew not to be a cunt about it so I just politely declined to ever go, but my inner monologue was still "why. why are you doing that." I never attended, much less participated in, a single athletic event during college.

On the other hand, I'd ride my bike everywhere during both HS and college, frequently working up a sweat, so there's a workout I guess. About six years ago a job would blare ESPN radio all day, and I started paying tangential attention by osmosis. Once I realized that I had a very, very cursory sports knowledge, I also realized that it made casual conversation like 100 times easier with the straight guys at the job. Oh, this is what they talk about, right. Earlier in life, I seem to remember a few times when some random normie fuck would try asking me if I had any interest in sports, and I'd usually just go "Nah", met with an "Oh..", and that was the end of those interactions, kek

OP here. I was fat as fuck in Jr High and lost about twenty pounds in freshman camp.

They moved me from useless short offensive lineman to running back and then eventually to the QB position late July.

You should have joined wresting like all the other weird fat kids.

Football played Free Safety but was afraid of concussions so quit before high school

Baseball my whole life. Played Catcher and sometimes first base. Stopped playing junior year cause DUDE WEED big regret

>tfw I went to a white private school so it took too long to realize this

really south florida is different then the rest of the us. you get a lot of hot girls playing soccer

Mental illness what the fuck

Played basketball centre in secondary school and sixth form, took my sixth form team to the london finals and choked.

It keeps me up at night.

center*

I never made it past the fourth round in football playoffs. I wish we could have made it to the title game but I'm grateful we even did something in the playoffs.

I can't imagine being on one of those shitty teams that just wins 1-4 games and gets 60+ points put on their ass every week.

I always felt bad if I made big plays against those teams.

my high school football team used to play this team that had like 30% asian players on it. the azn team went scoreless against them for three years in a row.

We shit on the team in the semis so hard the point guard benched himself.

I forgot to add what keeps me up at night
I gave a guy a pretty serious neck injury that stopped him from playing sports.

I was gunning on a punt return and the guy was mid-juke so I lowered to roll over him and tackle him and the dumbass pulled up.

My head would have gone right over his but since he pulled up my helmet hit him square in the neck.

>footie GK because i was a fattie
>lose some weight
>handball team needs a GK
>i fill in
>someone better enters in my place
>i play one game outside of the goal
>i accidentaly knock someone out
>since i am thin now i go back to playing football as a defender

that used to be our team. we used to always finish in last place. but somehow some guy came back and changed everything up. he recruited kids to go to public school instead of going to private school.

he was first person to ever go to to state playoffs and win the 8a state title in florida

You guys have open borders right?

In Texas you play with what you've got so it's on the coach more than it is on the system like in Florida.

It just sucked because they didn't know what to do. They would try so fucking hard but had no idea. If I was in a deep zone I could just watch the QBs eyes and the ball would go exactly where he looked every fucking time.

Or how their DLines could never read schemes and they would just get embarassed in stretches because they would just crash in every time.

Football
Free Safety/Gunner
3 years in high school

>sucked at sports through most of youth
>started football in high school
>Naturally big kid who was pretty good (OL/DL)
>all state/ all league multiple years
>team captain
>scholarship to d 1 FCS (1aa) football
>bulk to 300+ to play o line
>split time/special teams
>lots of health problems from knee/shoulder/head injuries
>lose 100 lbs
>become myron
>regret not staying on d line an crushing puss in college

Being a football player has advanced my career, musculature, mental toughness and overall respect in society. Caveat being the health risls start to add up, even only a few years after being done.

7/10 would likely become king of your high school again.

Stay pleb faggots

I played trombone in the marching band. At least the low-brass players weren't complete faggots typically.

I play d3 soccer currently.

>being proud of being an underachieving fatass
top kek

>all these faggots trying to impress anonymous shitposters they'll never meet

>college athlete
>success in sports, academics, professonal and social life
>underachieving
>lel

>I never played sports so I'm going to try to hurt those who did what I regret not doing

youre 100% correct

People posting achievements your jealous of? It's interesting to see what type of people are on this board and see what people from different countries did sports wise

solid athletic career for a normal person. Football didn't really ahve the post-college options like mens league for lacrosse or rugby but props for keeping up with it user

College athlete here. Graduating in a couple weeks though.

>Play squash
>No one knows what it is
>They assume it's some preppy shit

Great game though.
I played #1 on my team, and we were pretty decent.

Football and wrestling. 4 years later and I'm still bullying my friends with my wrestling knowledge. Recently won $20 at a party from a guy who just knew he could take me down until I sprawled him and busted his nose with a crossface

Cross country county champion and used to run constantly but regret it as I did it during all of HS so think it made me lanky as I did it through puberty
>footballs 2nds for uni
>American football 1st(UK uni so nothing major) and play corner
>used to play tennis competitively until 18 when I went to uni and the facilities were all indoor dog shite tier so haven't played regularly for ages but still hide my power level when someone suggests we play and I slap them all over the court

Pre-High School: Baseball and basketball

High School:
Varsity Lacrosse (attack, #11)

Started 3 out of 4 years, I was captain by the end but that's because the team got steadily worse.

Quarterback here. I did pretty well for myself following high school, got recruited by Northwestern.

I decided to not pursue a career in the NFL because I wanted to go to graduate school

I regret it everyday, although I probably wouldn't have even been drafted lmao

Left wing in ice hockey.
Left midfield in lacrosse.

That's what you get being one of like 3 lefties on the entire team.

>play corner

What's up, DB club.

[spoiler]black kids always thought they were so cool if they were a db but it just meant they were short[/spoiler]

I played football baseball basketball and soccer as a kid and I always In HS I played football baseball and ran cross country. I have to say football has to be the worst on your body. Idk about you guys but it seems like someone gets hurt every game

I guess spoilers don't work in sp

Yep. But you should understand that once you walk on the field. You're putting your body on the line and you're doing it because you love the game.

but I am a college athlete

did Chad fuck your childhood crush at the party you weren't invited to, fatass?

>trying to seem superior than people you will never meet

die shit lord

Was a fat smelly prop/hooker throughout school, played in the 1st XV and then injured my neck at the start of my final year which is not ideal when you play front row. Stopped playing after that and focused on other activities I do better than sports.

I do miss rugby though, it was good fun.

db squad, though I did dabble as outside linebacker every now and then as I am bigger than most of them and when they were getting bullied I'd have to step in and do a few blitzes but love nothing more than man coverage corner

Wrestling
Baseball
Football
Played all the way up to my 12th grade year, a few months into the school year I get hit by a drunk driver on my bike, last year of sports ruined. Back was pretty fucked up for about 2yrs so no college play, shit sucked. Luckily I have a great job now, but its still a what if thing for me.

>he always sat in the bleachers during pep rallies

sucks to be you nerd

yeah, I'm lucky and I never got seriously injured. I also meant to say that I always played outside as a kid. I started boxing and learning to play hockey now that I'm in college. I just generally like playing sports

Football wonderkid like any other kid in Serbia
Sick and tired of little rich faggs
Go for Bjj
Actually become good
Always wanted to play handball

>What sport did you guys play?
Apehoop.
>What position?
Forward in minibasket, power forward in middle school and small forward in high school (yeah my height didn't keep up).
>Did you start?
Yes.
>What was your number?
4 then 3. Coach assigned them based on position.

I was raised in AZ and assisted a small HS

Played football as DE/OLB and special teamer, I was kinda average and started all gsmes as a senior
Did wrestling, 145 and later 152 lbs, I made it to state as a sophomore, 5th as a junior and strained my ankle as a senior so no state for me
I also run 100m, 200m, 400m relay in Track and field.

Since I got my ass back in Spain, I play gridiron football as DT/DE and I'm also do the OC

hockey is can be $600 every 8 months while a kid is growing.

Sticks are 150-200 and when they break you are boned.

Also private skating lessons cost tons of cash

was it a magnet or charter school?

Some academically good california university had its baseball team go a year and a half without winning a game

High School
>Football
LT
>Hockey
Defensemen
>Track & Field
Discus, shotput, Jav
>Amateur Boxing

College
>Hockey
Defensemen for 2 years.

Would have loved to give rugby a go, but my school for some reason didn't have it.

Youth
>6 years baseball

Loved baseball, my biggest regret is not playing it in high school and then college.

High School
>1 year rugby
>1 year indoor % outdoor track
>1 year boxing

hated non-baseball sports to be quite honest family because I was really small. made the baseball team freshman year but played rugby instead because i thought it would have been cooler, worst mistake of my life.

College
>4 years rugby

bulked up so that it didn't hurt so much, played winger, outside center and fullback really liked it though busted up my knee and shoulder so I can't play anymore now that I've graduated. my best friends came from my college rugby team and it was probably the most fun times in my life

Now
>recreational softball

pretty fun would recommend if you are in a city or area with casual softball, it's fun to rip bombs and be athletic.

Football
Central midfielder
Generally yes
4 and 8

Thanks bro. D2 is still pretty competitive football and lax. I had d1 looks for both sports coming out of HS but they were for bum-fuck nowhere schools (canisius and holy cross for lax, wagner, iona, and st peter's for football) and none of the schools would let me play both so I chose the school that would let me play both (and rugby as a club sport) but as far as semi pro football goes, you gotta fucking love the game because it does not pay well and you are destroying your body. Thats why I retired. I just turned 30, and I retired at 29. Some teams are trying to get me to come out of retirement because good linemen are hard to find at that level but I think I am done forever...

>Lacrosse and Football
>Football
DB/WR, mostly at safety, gunner on punt
>Lacrosse
FOGO LYFE
>Did you start
lol no
>Jersey number

Our school Rugby team was one game away from Twickenham and we choked lads :(

>Before High School
Soccer, Basketball mainly, Baseball
>High School
Football, played TE and DE
Basketball, played center
Lax, played D and D middy
>College
Club lax, defensemen

In high school we made the state championship semi-finals but we lost, I didnt play cus our team was nasty though

High school and college football
high school wrestling

OLB

club club or MCLA?

Played rugby for a semi-professional team's youth thing and played cricket for a county. I was better at rugby but didn't really see it as a career path, much prefered cricket but wasn't quite as good. snapped my knees up playing rugby so had no chance to go further with either sport, I just play village cricket currently and i'm streets ahead of anyone I come up against, but I just cba only play it because some mates do and it's something to keep me occupied during weekends while uni isn't on. I always liked number 16 for some reason, my first shirt had it on so I tried to stick with it whenever I could

>Crosscountry and Track
>in track did the mile and the 800
>no numbers in those sports

I never scored for the Crosscountry team, but I scored a few times in track. I only did it because I was bored and it was a good time killer. Never super serious about it.

>Football all my life
Defensive midfielder
>Table tennis for a couple of pre-teen years
Stopped because it was bad for my nerves and i smashed things when i lost

Football mostly
Tackle, offense and defense
Yes

Use to play chuckyball down the old billabong.

I played lacrosse, baseball, soccer, volleyball and basketball at various times in my life and for various teams, some for my school during middle and high school.

I played hockey ever since I was 6, at least organized hockey, I was skating when I was 3 apparently, I dont remember learning to skate though. I mostly just played AA, my family didnt have the money for AAA and I didnt really have the drive and was just kind of content doing above average where I was at. I was offered spots on teams out of my city, and traveling teams that were in higher divisions than me, but I always said no because I really didnt want to move

Middle linebacker, fullback, crease defense in lacrosse, was a blocker guy in volleyball, did discus and ran a 12.0 hundred which as a white guy I'm pretty happy with

>Rugby and football
>i played started hook in rugger and subed safety and corner for football
>2 & 42

>Football
Fullback, 3

>Handegg
Free Saftey and Wide Reciever, 8

Basketball PG/SG.
Only grade school cause I wanted to do Engineering after and wasn't smart enough to do both.
22 PPG in 8 minute quarters though.
We were district champs. Only second place in provincial tournament (Canada); lost to a team who had a 6'-8" guy (yeah, grade school).

soccer: goalkeeper and then I was the overaggressive CDM who was shooting blooters every 5 minutes and passing through balls to strikers who didn't feel like running.

High school swimming, might have done d1 but the program got smashed my freshman year even though the school was crushing. 21 sec 50m. I lettered each 4 years.

USFA foil fencer class B in university, after like 7 years off back in elementary

Qualified for USWF qualifiers for 69kg with 220 total

My most memorable time in sports was back in 6th grade when I broke some kid's shin cause he didn't have guards on. It was a fair challenge too, his coach yelled at him after the play.

I played football but never started and hated hitting because everyone led with their helmets and I tackled and hit properly.

Wrestling was my best sport but I was only ok at it and never worked hard enough at it. My sense of regret over not being more committed is what motivates me to give maximum effort to this day.

I played in class 5A in Texas. There's a big push for safe and correct tackling amongst the high level programs. The coaches that didn't coach correctly were pretty much shunned by other programs and given hell if their teams played dirty.

You would have a lot of teams that would have to schedule lower classifications or out of state teams because other coaches refused to play them until they cleaned it up.

>Lettered 4 years in music.
>Lettered 3 years in debate, made state finals twice.
>Lettered 3 years in drama. Would've been 4 years, but had strep throat and missed auditions for that year's spring musical.
>Lettered 2 years in student government.

>those "letters"

Racquetball, cross-country, and marching band.

Won team nationals in racquetball. Great sport. Shame the facilities cost so much and the sport is dying.

Ran a ~18 5k for cross-country. The girls were meh and I'm pretty sure I fucked my legs up running that much.

Marching band is horrible. No one should take such a stupid activity so seriously. Playing in the stands during real sports games was infinitely more fun because you could just talk to your friends and play super fucking loud. If you're in 8th grade and reading this, don't do marching band. Even if it's required. Don't do it just on principle.

Even after reading up on it, I still don't understand what the fuck does being a 'letterman' mean and why is it so prestigious.

Just means you were on the main team. It's a way of saying how long you played for real instead of on developmental teams.

Nothing else.

That's smart. When I was in high school we were taught to dip our hips and look up then lift while wrapping up through the torso. Even in practices my teammates would just put their heads down and spear helmets and chests.

That was 15 years ago in a Veer/4-4 upper midwest high school with scant conference D1 talent. I have seen some high school highlight tapes of guys from places like Texas, Miami, and Georgia where they will fly down the field and launch into guys like torpedoes with the tops of their heads. It's nuts.

British, but tried to use american terms lads.

High School/Sixthform (Junior and senior year) - Basketball Shooting Guard (First year, never took off), Ice Hockey, any position needed to make the team (school didn't have a team so this is outside that)

University (College) - Ice Hockey, Left Defensemen, Left Wing

Now - Semi pro Hockey, same positions as above (British semi pro is like American quarter pro, make about £35/$50 a week)

it usually means to played enough during the season to be recognized for it
just being on a team and riding the bench the whole season wont get you a letter

the letter itself is big cloth letter you can put on your letterman jacket

Marine Reconnaissance/ MSOB. Did it for 6 years.

Ice hockey, winger. Mostly left winger

football
striker
mostly yes

I played a little rugby at school but nothing much.

Then at university I picked up gridiron, played linebacker for 3 years and now play for a tinpot team in Burnley as middle linebacker and left tackle.

My sisters are crazy about marching band. I never understood the appeal. They get legitimately angry when I tell them it isn't a sport.

>Wrestling
>4 year starter
>126lbs, 138lbs, 145lbs
>4 year all-league
>2 year all-county
>1 win away from all state senior year

I enjoyed it. Cutting weight was the worst thing I've ever had to go through, but I loved the sport and nothing could compare to getting your hand raised after a match

>those weight classes
Are you old or from somewhere like Wyoming?