Shock rock

With the sensitivity/es jay dubya movement currently happening do you think shock music will come back in style. Often music is a reaction to something, I can imagine shocking and offensive music would make a resurgence after enough people are sick with over-sensitivity. This isn't a political thread, so try and keep it music related,

testing sjw

No. The reaction to SJWism is moreso 'puritanical'. We want PCness to die so things like race, nationalism and gender can be discussed in an open setting without being yelled down by SJWs. Manson-type shock rock with overt sex and drug references and gothic makeup are considered to be degenerate and part of the nihilistic paradigm that dominates the minds of today's youth and causes Globalist mania.

SJ PC goes deeper than the superficial. The shock rock we know worked for the repressed puritans of yesteryear, back when seeing that shit on a screen was new. You'd need to reinvent the genre to apply it to SJWs. People are way desensitized to what used to be considered shocking.

>The shock rock we know worked for the repressed puritans of yesteryear
SJWs are puritans of another name.

They are privileged kids that are the complete opposite of desensitized.

You're missing the point: SJWs aren't shocked by grotesque transvestites like christian puritans were.

It could, but only if major music labels had the balls to promote it.

Take the CNK for example: they're doing the whole decadent nazi glam goth industrial thing, but unlike Alice Cooper, Manson and the rest, they're serious about it.

So they're confined to metal labels.

How the hell is a major record company supposed to promote a band that glorifies mass murder, rape, totalitarianism and pedophilia?

What the hell is wrong with you, user? No one should ever glorify any of that, no matter how hard times are.

I'm not talking about edgy little kids who think swastika shirts are rebelling against "the system, man". I'm thinking more of a response that moved us onto the next era. Like how grunge was a response to hair/glam metal.

The next era is one of totalitarianism, mass murder, rape and pedophilia.
In other words, an era of fun.

I'm not really missing the point here.

They are shocked by different things than Christians are, that's naturally the case, yet, their moral crusading and faux-outrage is extremely similar to the soccer moms upset at mean, depraved rock stars.

You take the same angle, but change the tools.

The problem is that I don't think straight up shock will work against SJWs, they've wedged themselves into positions of power and media influence, they're much more power hungry than the Christian right are, and would obviously use their influence to blacklist bands.

And edgy shock rock is pretty low brow and shallow. SJWs are obtuse enough to not recognize when they're being made fun of when it appears that something else is being satirized, so a more subtle angle would likely work better against them.

You're missing the point again: everyone is aware of what you're stating and you aren't enlightening anyone.

The point is: what are the proper tools?

If you had looked a bit into Manson's discography you'd realize that not all edgy shock rock is shallow, and that the difference between high-brow and low-brow is a myth.

I think the problem is that SJWs have succesfully coopted the mainstream enough that anything truly shocking to them will get buried under negative press.

Really you'd have to be some kind of minority and then pervert SJ culture as an art form to get away with it, because to ban that they'd have to ban themselves. Then again as proven by their unwavering support for muslims they have no problem embracing something that is fundamentally against everything they claim to stand for.

>The point is: what are the proper tools?
It doesn't take much to be familiar with things they dislike, though in my opinion simply being edgy and using all the things they hate against them is really contrived.

A large deal of the noise/power electronics/neofolk scene from the 80s to the 90s has already done this to death and it's not really entertaining anymore.

I don't expect a bunch of boneheaded right wingers on Sup Forums to be able to come up with something that is enough to mock them, since the people here are pretty dumb.

It's just my own little bullshit historical reduction, but I'm guessing that SJWs and Christians (and Sup Forumsfags to a degree) are all a result of the glamorization of victimhood in art and culture, and the confusion between heroes and victims.
Which, of course, isn't a new thing at all.

And the thing about shock rock is that it revolves heavily around villainous figures and imbuing them with a heroic glamor; Manson broke the mold by coming up with personas that were equal part villain and victim in order to subvert shock rock mythology and fuck with its supporters.

So, still in purely abstract terms, shock rock bands would have to build back what Manson brought down and figure out a way to re-create the glamor of villainy in the current era.

>though in my opinion simply being edgy and using all the things they hate against them is really contrived
Not sure if it's implied but I doubt it work at all either.

>since the people here are pretty dumb.
Sup Forums's creative phase is pretty over. The site is too big and mainstream now. The big boards are basically an edgier, alt-reddit.

The only truly redeeming feature of 4hcna that hasn't changed is the minimal moderation and the resulting freedom to post.

>Sup Forums's creative phase is pretty over. The site is too big and mainstream now. The big boards are basically an edgier, alt-reddit.

It's not that, it's that alt-right kiddies are knuckleheads.

Even if SJWs are naive, many of them can at least formulate coherent thoughts. I'm somewhat liberal, but I'm getting tired of their rhetoric, and I don't want stupid Sup Forumsbabbies to give them more reasons to feign moral outrage.

>So, still in purely abstract terms, shock rock bands would have to build back what Manson brought down and figure out a way to re-create the glamor of villainy in the current era.

You could probably do something with BLM and hip hop in that regard if you had a real feel for it. Perhaps throw in the big names of white people calling for censorship and societal reform that openly discriminates in favor of minorities. You could easily paint their actions in a way that mixed heroism and villainy, and make it glamorous, hip and rebellious for standing up to all privileged squares who just don't get it and are the ones truly at fault. Coopt some mainstream "controversial" minority icons along the way like Beyonce and Kanye and turn them into symbols/deities them. Perhaps glamorize semi-underground artists who are truly saying crazy shit, just to make it more confusing/dissonant/shocking.

I think hip-hop is the way to go though if you want to hit the collective consciousness the hardest and hit SJWs where they are weak/incapable of mounting a defense.

I take umbrage at the idea that the alt-right fucks here are somehow dumber than SJWs. If anything the last half year of political media proves that SJWs are hopelessly deluded and out of touch and completely unwilling/incapable of adapting. I'm not saying the alt-right is full of great minds or anything but at least they are savvy enough to not shoot themselves in the foot with every step they take and then wonder why they're stumbling.

>If anything the last half year of political media proves that SJWs are hopelessly deluded and out of touch and completely unwilling/incapable of adapting.

I mentioned that they are obtuse, but they are not stupid, they've weaseled their way into every crevice of influence they could find, they shouldn't be underestimated. Although, they are followers, not leaders.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that SJWs are at least educated.

All the shock rock people leaned fairly to the left though

What does this have to do with this thread?

Are you assuming that everyone who leans left is part of some hivemind?

This

Yeah and they were all firmly against censorship.

Speaking as an SJW cultural marxist cuck, I actually don't get easily shocked. If someone makes a try-hard racist joke I just roll my eyes at their pathetic attempt to shock.

Sup Forums children need to leave Sup Forums

What if someone makes an effortless, witty racist joke?

I don't think you're really an SJW.

This, and for good.

Who are you referring to?

also this

alt-right kiddies assume that every time someone tells them what obnoxious retards they are, that person is "outraged". The reality is that most people just think you are dumb as fuck and will go about their business after telling you such. I see Sup Forumstards getting worked up into a fot and dwelling on shit a hell of a lot more than "le sjws".

the highly autistic alt-right high schoolers that currently infest this board.

gb2 your containment board retards

I have seen racial humor work but usually it satirizes racism, the Chappelle's Show for example. There's too many hacks who do lazy shock humor and blame political correctness for their lack of success.

I don't hate people who are transgender, non-straight, non-white or female. I'm also pretty left-wing. That's all it takes in my experience.

>I mentioned that they are obtuse, but they are not stupid
But they are stupid. They are constantly surprised the world doesn't work the way they fantasize it does.

>they've weaseled their way into every crevice of influence they could find
That doesn't take intelligence, just determination and a willingness to debase yourself and forego real forms of ambition. Politics and media is filled to the brim with power hungry idiots that you can brown nose your way up to.

>they shouldn't be underestimated
Only in the sense that they are almost suicidally willing to push for "progress" at any cost. They are not smart or competent. If they were the alt-right wouldn't exist. The alt-right took forever to establish and their influence is almost entirely based on SJWs doing and saying incredibly stupid shit all the goddamn time. SJWs are literally self-defeating.

>And that's not even mentioning the fact that SJWs are at least educated.
Considering that they're almost single-handedly ruining education that's not saying much. They're basically proving that academics are more about saying what people want to hear than what is actually true.

Also getting fleeced into "earning" a liberal arts or "women's studies" degree only proves that you're dumber than everyone else.

So no, I reject your premise that somehow one side is distinctly smarter than the other. It's just that the left is in power so they feel they can act as stupid as they want and the right is now counter-culture and they're getting savvy but only because they've been forced to. 10-15 years ago it was the other way around.

Typical though that a self-identified liberal makes sweeping claims that his political opposition is uneducated, and ironic because the left is actively bankrupting higher education. SJWs-are-bad-but-these-guys-are-even-worse.jpg

Praytell where do you rub shoulders with the Sup Forums-tard equivalent of SJWs? That must be one serious shithole.

Let's keep this mostly music based guys.

Where do you guys think music will be in the next era then? I think we will go back to basics.

Define next era. Also what does that have to do with shock rock? At least stick to the thread topic.

this makes no sense. "shock music" isn't a genre, you're just attributing it to the music of your time. Just because Marilyn Manson's music ended doesn't mean shocking music ended, what was shocking/cool has changed. MIA was like the cool edgy shock artist of the 2000s, DG probably the one for the 2010s

They were all SJWs you fucking dipshits

No they weren't because SJWs are an entirely recent phenomena.

No
Shocking people with juvenile symbols of """"rebellion"""" doesn't work anymore, shock in the future will have to couple politics with a trash/junk/neopopart aesthetic and an extremely innovative, avant-garde approach to music
Like The Velvet Underground

Define "SJW"

>Death Grips
>shocking
wew

Death Grips is literally only shocking to suburban white middle-class teenagers (their biggest fanbase)

That sounds more exciting

Oh my god the pic is only semi-related.
You guys take everything to literally.!

so are pretty much all shock rockers every since the beginning of shock rock. I like Alice Cooper or Screaming Jay Hawkins just fine but who would be genuinely shocked by them?