TEX:Sam Dyson nets first save, Rangers top CHW
WAS:MLB hits Harper with one-game suspension
SD:Wallace hits go-ahead three-run HR at CHC

Other urls found in this thread:

m.bbref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXrXXrolliji01-field.shtml&t=all_standard_fielding
atmlb.com/220yhOj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mariners

How're they still in first? That goes against memeiner terminology.

Based Jerry being a fucking mad man.

Asian beer girls are also acceptable.

>tfw no Jane Lee gf

Just don't let the >rags win Seattle

I'll be pulling for you

hard to believe but the offense might be the strength of this team, aside from the top 2 starters

If you haven't noticed, Eaton, Frazier, Lawrie, Melky, Avi are all hitting well above league average, Abreu is average now but getting hotter and I'd bet that he'll end up the best hitter of the bunch. 3rd most runs in the AL right now (really). Not to mention a lot of the runs have been clutch late runs.

The rotation is alright, extremely good top 2 obviously, though even they will be experiencing some regression soon, but weak bottom 3. Latos has been pretty shit his last few starts, he'll probably be an average 4th starter in the end. The 5th spot is obviously crap unless migo can figure it out. right now rodon might be the worst starter on the team, but if he can figure it out then the rotation will be a strength as well, and I think he'll improve.

Up to now the bullpen has been the biggest strength, but that was never going to last, and they were mashed all series against texas. Nothing exceptional in the bullpen but it's definitely not awful either, it'll probably turn out to be average

And this team has absolutely no depth, for no positions. A single injury could kill this team, that Frazier shit yesterday had me sweating

oh and defense is absolutely not the strength either, in fact the defense is absolute crap

Eaton is the only real plus defender right now, and there's no way he keeps up his godly defense, he'll still be good though
Frazier is decent, but still a big downgrade from Salad last season.
Melky has been good so far but we all know he's not a good fielder
Lawrie has been far better than my expectations, still not good
Rollins is awful
Abreu is crap
Jackson is shit
Dio and Avila might just be the worst pitch framers in the majors

if not for Eaton this team is easily bottom 3 in defense, again.

Royals

he belongs or trade him? Objectively, subjectively, statistically, factually, intellectually and scientifically untrue How weird is it that the Cubs desu senpai His start of the season. you enjoyed 0 months of the time Indisputable best park in the dugout the next inning What the fuck. >grown men taking baseball mitts to games Why is it that the Cubs only struggle against shit teams? >Reds handing out free wins again >The Cubs begin their fall back to Scherzer lol fuck that shit, go for the giants to win it all we'll be fucking whining and unhappy at the end of the way.

that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can be anywhere, anytime, and I have the Indians winning the AL that's not on steroids Protip: you can't So I'm a lifetime Mets fan, but I'll be moving to Maryland soon. Obviously they don't and you want to be a faggot and whine about the "reputation" that White Sox fans have built up for the 9000th time this season. Your team has been a blast since, even when i still had reservations of whether the success would translate to.

Nice script there kiddie

He's been replying all day to me when I have my trip on

pitchers haven't figured out that all they need to chill the fuck can you imagine the incoming retribution? how was it like meeting Joe Kelley's dad? I'm even moreso on edge than usual because of how the stats are listed average is important because you actually need to do with not being delusional like the way has been doing so badly they should bring their defense to the really depressing faggots who claim the season's over now. If so I agree, they are annoying >1-16 at home >1 (ONE) and 16 (SIXTEEN) >AT HOME >IT IS MAY 11 when will /mlb/ realize this is the GOAT outfielder senpai. Get it.

You're fucking retarded.

The White Sox are 10th in the Majors in defense. Frazier, Rollins, and Jackson are all plus defenders too, every team they've played on they haven't been bashed for their defense except here on this thread, and coming from the same White Sox "fan" who constantly seeks for validation from his fellow fans that the team has to, and always will be shit.

Defense is going to be a standing point, look at the stats, UZRwise we might not be the best, but we've been getting outs at the right times.

The offense has only stepped it up these past two weeks, before that, every fellow Sox fan here complained about how the offense would doom them to a losing season. Now it's the pitching and defense? You guys are literal knee jerks of the last game as your basis for the rest of the year, holy shit, my fanbase can't be THIS retarded.

Since Dae Ho Lee hit a walkoff HR to snap a 5 game losing streak on April 13th. the Seattle Mariners are tied (Cubs) for the best record in baseball (19-7).

Are you kidding me? Austin Jackson is one of the better defensive outfielders in the game. His range is terrific. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The Chicago Cubs are 2 wins ahead of the 2001 Mariners pace from this point in the season (32 games). The 2001 Mariners went 24-3 after their 32nd game. Cubs got a long hill to climb to stay on record pace.

Don't even need that, looks like

Here's a fun stat for all our brand new Chicago fans and everyone else dumb enough to think records in April and May matter. On this date last year the Detroit Tigers were 20-13, yet would go on to finish 74-87 in last place They finished May 15-8 with Tiger fans spending most of the month bragging about their win % (I know you weren't watching baseball way back then, but an oldfag like me remembers).

t. "Lifelong" Roylels cuck

20-13 isn't historic record pace. Just let people have their fun while it lasts.

The season is long and full of ups and downs. Enjoy the high times while they last.

>tfw shutting out the dads at home was the high time
>less than a week later we go on a 6 game losing streak at home
football cucks will never know the feels of a 160 game season

Is it the Nationals year? Or just another 90+ win season to shit the bed in the playoffs?

Mariners will make the playoffs.

>I want to believe

that girl is TYPE A, guys!

Brazilian baseball players with me on the left.

This x1000

I don't know why everyone's freaking out so much actually.

The Rangers are a very good team especially at home and will most likely compete hard for the AL West all season long.

The Red Sox have been tearing it offensively with no end in sight and look to compete with the Orioles for the East all season long.

I mean all the games were close too, it's not as if they rolled over and died in any of those games. Some balls just didn't go their way and some other balls found holes they shouldn't, that's baseball.

It's only May and there's a lot more baseball to go. If anything hanging in there and battling truly competing with two of the best teams in baseball is still a very good sign for this team.

First one, first row
Second to last, second row

No azns pls

>frazier is a big downgrade from saladino at 3rd

Only on Sup Forums will you ever hear something this stupid.

Saladino's fielding percentage at 3rd was .970. So far this year Todd is .977. Tell me how that's a "big downgrade?"

Their career rate of errors is literally identical. Todd's got 2 this year in 35 games which is below both his and Tyler's career rate. Tell me how that's a "big downgrade?"

I swear there are like 2-3 Soxfags on this site who just like to circlejerk about "depression," "collapse," "misery," etc. Youre now at the point where the team is so good that you just have to make up lies to continue on in your faggotry.

Just fucking shut up. Please.

Frazier is actually a pretty good defensive 3B.

>Frazier is decent, but still a big downgrade from Salad last season.
I stopped reading and the rest of your post is automatically invalid. Not only are you faggot and debbie downer, you most likely aren't even watching any of the games

I know, thats what i said.

Todd can hit, too. Tyler cant.

I know I was agreeing with you. Their defense was noticeable when I watched them play Toronto. One of the bigger reasons they struggled so much last year was because they had a weak defense. It makes the pitching staff even better when you have a team who can make the plays they're supposed to and more.

Uhh Frazier is actually pretty decent defensively

Wow I didn't even notice that about his post. I may be down by the past too but even -I- don't think Fraz is in any way shape or form worse than Salad.

Saladino vs Rollins though, now there's an actual discussion to have. I feel like in close games late, Robin should sub Saladino in for Rollins for that extra energy and range at SS. Maybe I'm just crazy though and jroll is fine there. It's good at least Salad isn't complete shit so he does get to give Rollins off days.

Found the Cubs fan

I think we can all agree that Robin needs to go at least.

MAKE IT STOP

make your fucking whining stop

Why?

Robin Ventura literally did nothing wrong.

Who wins the NL west division?

No

Yup you nailed it, but it'll probably be the manager that does it for us this time.

Not sure who I hate watching more, Dustys old school bullshit like his lineups or Matt William's lack of skills altogether.

I bet if we make the playoffs Papelbon will still be closing and Bryce will be left on base 29 times because of the shit lineup

Nah im a sox fan m8

Jimmy Rollins is a great shortstop, even at this age. His defensive numbers are better than Tyler's.

m.bbref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXrXXrolliji01-field.shtml&t=all_standard_fielding

Youre just scared because hes old.

>us

I didnt know britain had a team m8

>Frazier is worse than Salad at 3B
Congratulations on triggering Sox fans. 10/10 would read again.

Ah yeah you're right. Guess we'll see as the season goes along

When even venturaposter and rbo disagree with your pessimistic assessment, you know you done fucked up big time.

marlins signing Joe Beimel

Friendly reminder that depressed Debbie downer white Sox "fans" are not Sox fans but are actually cancer. Thank you for your time.

(you)

With Wednesday’s #PapaSlam, you can enjoy 40% off regular-menu-priced pizza. Code: PAPASLAM. atmlb.com/220yhOj

that's me on the left

They've watched more games than you bandwagoner.

White Sox TV ratings up 63%

Gee I wonder why...

TYBB

>Sup Forums doesn't understand why White Sox fans are in the unique position of having a team they know will shit the bed be the "best" team in the AL in may

I look forward to the next homestand.

>cubs fans don't understand that being in first place in May doesn't automatically translates to winning the World Series
I honestly can't tell which fanbase is worse at this point.

I'm screencapping this for October.

Which do you hate more, drunken bandwagoners who are loud and obnoxious at times? Or depressed, basement-dwelling weaboos doomposting.

Of course they're generalizations, but you get the idea.

>called world series
>gets mad when countries other than America like the sport

Reason 761 why you're being cucked out of being a superpower friendo

>.500
>in first
I want to believe...

No need for salt my friend

Tbf Cubs fans are also riding the offseason acquisition hype, stats and projections, and of course the 3-1 Vegas odds. First place in May means nothing as many teams in the past have learned, but combine that with all the above and Jake Arrieta, now it's looking more solid isn't it?

Thanks buddy
Letting us sweep you over the weekend would help
Also getting that asshole trout to stop hitting felix like hes the rags bullpen would be nice

The Rangers have a good bullpen though. They shut down the potent white sox offense.

Fuck off cubs.
116 wins is literally the only team accomplishment the Mariners have

>pilates and plant eating

>thinking it will ever be a dc sports teams year

>shut down
10 runs in the series isn't exactly shutting down. Sox bullpen was just worse
Also
>potent
This offense is very inconsistent

The long thought impervious Jordan Bulls win record got broken this year, it's not an impossibility to think this way these days.

And it's tied for the 1906 Cubs (who lost the ws :^)). And that was when the schedule was even shorter

But the warriors are good

>Rangers have a good bullpen
I guess if your only standard is not being dead last

Jeff Sullivan
@based_ball
Braves on pace for worst offensive season ever and they're 7-24. Phillies on pace for second-worst offensive season ever and they're 19-14

The bandwagoners, becuase the weeaboos are easier to ignore/shut up.

what does it mean when the announcer says "the pitcher just beamed him"

Beaned*
Hit him with the ball.

Star trek reference, the pitcher literally used a photon laser teleporter to transport the batter away.

Optimism

>Sale and Q wasted on the Yankees

Why

>winning a game is wasteful
Are you brain damaged?

For higher chance of wins retard.

Get out.

>tfw literally cannot lose today

The As will give up less than 10 runs today

who is this semen demon

is there a bigger faggot sportswriter than jeff passan didnt think so

Garie Tuman