It's pretty sad how obviously and shamelessly this board just regurgitates the tastes of fantano and pitchfork

it's pretty sad how obviously and shamelessly this board just regurgitates the tastes of fantano and pitchfork.

have an original thought. form your own opinions ffs. there are so many more albums outside the scope of what major publications cover. they only review albums that will bring in readers/viewers. if fantano had chosen to praise some other shitty pop star like halsey instead of jespen, then you guys would all be creaming your pants over her instead. it's so pathetic.

Stfu moron

let me guess. your aoty chart looks something like this

>I really like the new FOALS albums
>Goverment Plates is on of DG's best
>I hate most of the generic shit rap fantano dick rides
>I actually like Swans though...
>I like new Modest Mouse

frank ocean is most overrated pile of dog shit in the music industry

i haven't listened to it t b h. my roommate was playing it the other day and it didn't sound bad, but it also didn't really stand out to me. to be fair though i don't usually care for r&b or hip hop

are you quoting somebody or saying what you like?

>mfw i like two of those artists but I don't know either memtano or p4k's score for them

Have I been a sub-conscious drone pleb this whole time?

how did you find out about them? was it on Sup Forums? if so, then it was just through secondary exposure, since everybody here mimics exactly what they say.

I liked marina and the diamonds first release, loved night's gambit, and liked noname gypsy on acid rap. Sorry nobody's responding to your "what's the difference between doom gurgle metal and dirge-core?" thread

Ka is a relatively old head mang. Think I first heard him on Pro Tools (GZA album)

Noname was on Acid Rap, I probably saw a Chance tweet or saw her release on KTT or some other hip hop blog

Anywho, memtano and p4k are perfectly fine if you ignore scores and use them for recs or to dive into unfamiliar genres. You're kind of getting mad over a false equivalency, critically acclaimed albums tend to be acclaimed for a reason. Others liking them shouldn't make you mad for some reason user

i'm not talking about marina and the diamonds. everyone knows that the only reason why she's discussed here is because of pure, unadulterated waifuism. even fantano and pitchfork don't give a shit about her.

i was talking about the two albums that were just on fantano's praised list

In reality we all have different opinions but the melon and the fork gives us a topic in common so

Yeah this is true for the most part. Especially the Carly Rae thing

>Anywho, memtano and p4k are perfectly fine if you ignore scores and use them for recs or to dive into unfamiliar genres
fair enough. but unfortunately, most of the posters here take the scores way too seriously, and accept their opinions as law.
>critically acclaimed albums tend to be acclaimed for a reason
i'm more just questioning the credibility of these "critics". like i said before, they're only concerned with what will make them money, not covering what's actually good music. fantano has said multiple times that one of his favorite genres is black metal, but when was the last time you saw him reviewing a black metal album? instead he has to cover every single new trap rap release, because of shit like pic related

Why has there seemed to be such a strong backlash against metal on this board recently?

>it's the "Le every somewhat attractive artist makes shit music and everyone that likes her is a waifufag that only cares about her looks" meme again
also fantano did a short review of Froot in YUNOREVIEW: APRIL 2015 and pitchfork gave it 7.5. You really should do more research instead of crying "Le Waifufags xDD" all the time

go back to your containment thread

Hmmm yeah I don't necessarily disagree with either statement.

"Taste makers" do get a bit overly worshipped. I guess that there are so many different forms of media available for consumption that the general populace flock towards someone who they see as an authority that can curate their taste for them.

I just don't think it's worth getting worked up about because it's generally impossible to distinguish between who is just parroting someone elses opinion and who genuinely enjoys or sees merit in something, especially on an anonymous senagalese cow-tipping forum

Just ignore waifu threads as a rule of thumb

Nicolas Pell's LA Weekly column is a good source of contrarian music opinions

>I just don't think it's worth getting worked up about because it's generally impossible to distinguish between who is just parroting someone elses opinion and who genuinely enjoys or sees merit in something, especially on an anonymous senagalese cow-tipping forum

yeah you're right. it just bothers me that the only albums that will ever get talked about here are the ones that tastemakers have picked out for us. regardless of where anons actually discovered said albums from, they're the only ones that will garner enough attention from the populace here to survive without 404ing in like 10 minutes.

>Just ignore waifu threads as a rule of thumb
i avoid them like the plague (because they literally are)

haha this is satirical right?

>oh no! i'm out of arguments. better tell him to go back to his contaiment thread, that'll show him!

>Fantano
>dickriding trap
wew lad

seriously, fuck off. i didn't make this thread to talk about that hack. it just so happened that your thread was in between the two threads that i wanted to talk about.

>Fantano
>not dickriding trap
are you serious? it constitutes like 45-50% of the albums that he reviews

> waifuism
> Marina

Have you even ever been to a Marina thread? It's literally the least waifu thread on Sup Forums even Bork threads have more waifu fags.

get out of my thread. this has nothing to do with what i said in the op. you already have a thread for her in the catalogue.

Rude

>Especially the Carly Rae thing
take it back faggot

thanks for the reminder

goddamn it. another thread ruined by waifufags. why can't you all just fuck off already

>show me the body
wait what the fuck? ive had this album backlogged since like june but never listened to it. i thought it was just some dude viraling because it only had like 2 ratings on rym

i never understood what was happening with this pepe. is that supposed to be popcorn?

oh he was the best thing in this list, damn how does it feel having this shit taste

Yes.

isn't this against the rules

we're discussing music in a meta way. that should be allowed.