It's a Scandinavian / Dutch person claims that his English skills are superior to that of a native episode

>It's a Scandinavian / Dutch person claims that his English skills are superior to that of a native episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F1FcN17hSe0
3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends on the native speaker desu. lots of english native speakers probably couldn't score C2 on a test

>tfw my grammar is better than the natives, it's just my goofy accent that holds me back from passing as an anglo intellectual

I've seen some bad English from native speakers. Though I'm pretty sure that they were Americans.

Autistic foreigners trying to correct natives always triggers me. Native speakers have much more leeway with the language, in 100 years I highly doubt the you're/your distinction will still exist as due to people like that guy we'll all simply be using your.

>tfw to smart too speak English

> Autistic foreigners trying to correct natives always triggers me
You mean 'your the president' is correct?

Scandinavians speak a much clearer and understandable english than brits

Not really. The way they structure their sentence is often endemic and makes me confused. I also don't understand what they are saying if not written down.

>lying on the internet

>it's a Scandinavian thinks they are gooder at English because the homophones their/there aren't mixed up by themselfs

I take it you have never heard a Danish person speak

Link me to ONE (1) post of a danish or dutch poster claiming this

hmm your're right, I was really referring to norwegians and swedes mostly

The you're/your distinction doesn't even exist in speech, it's exactly the kind of mistake that natives are more likely to make. Fundamentally it's a spelling mistake rather than a grammatical one.

I'm willing to bet my English is more better than youre's

I've seen a British dude say "there" instead of "their" and "are" instead of "our" in the same sentence.

>tfw our English skills are way to superior to the natives and we make stupid mistakes so that they won't fell sad and beaten

kek

Scandinavian accents are awful, they try to mimic Americans accents but sound robotic and gay

>British accents
youtube.com/watch?v=F1FcN17hSe0

Its when they speak danish the problems pop up, most can speak english pretty gud desu.

I don't know about that lad, we had a bunch of danes on tv here over the past few years and their accents were thick as

How come Germans are always worse at speaking English than Scandinavians and the Dutch?

Also, why have I never met a Spaniard that didn't sound like Manuel?

>mother trying to do the best for her child
>continentals mock her

Up ur arse amerikunts

>tfw I pass for an anglo but I sound like an absolutely fucking imbecile and people laugh at me

Natives and ESLs are equally good when it comes to grammar. Natives usually have better vocabulary.
My English is not as good as many other people's English, I lack many words, and sometimes I'm confused about grammer (i). But it's nothing wrong with using some Norwegian grammar in your English, it's no more incorrect than native English just because it has some grammar from other languages.

My sentence structure is perfect you baka >:(

I think Scandinavian may have a freeer word order than English? Maybe. I also often leave out "I" at the start of sentences, which is common in written Norwegian but may not be done so much in English? :/

Can't end a sentence with a proposition m8

vocaroo this

a German once told me it's probably because most TV is dubbed in German but only subbed in Scandinavian languages

Benis balls bagina spearmint sberm spatulas sbädäri spydäri spora spede pasanen :D:DD :D
"Sporde" Porttila :D

>blood and flood are not like food
>nor is mould [sic] like should and would
That doesn't rhyme, faggots

I've always laughed at the conceit of it all, especially when many of them invariably make those very few but extremely telling errors in speech and writing (such as amusingly odd phrasing of common English statements & idioms) which reveal how their native grammar affects their use of English.

In my experience, educated Indian immigrants are the one group with the best non-native mastery of English, followed by (educated) immigrants from former British colonies in Africa.

But English accents are infinitely more pleasing to listen to. Yes, even the worst of cockney-speak has it's irresistible charm

If her kid lacks toasts she should make him some maybe?

pyörätuolill spåraan xDDDDDDDDD spearmint pudding x-DDDDDDd spar :DDDDDDDD punto grande pussihousu pistin XDDD

Tbf, Anglos were too busy taking over the world to properly bother with their language, see also stuff like

>Fundamentally it's a spelling mistake rather than a grammatical one.
grammar = spelling you uneducated idiot

yet another anglo schooled by a scandinavian

Ge mig fem broder

Grammar isn't spelling though.
Am I being meme'd on?

In my view spelling is just how you write while grammar is how the language works, completely different things

Cockneys fine though, its estuary thats fucking tragic

>its estuary thats fucking tragic

t. never heard geordie or liverpudlian

newcastle and liverpool are nowhere near london...

but the yank was talking about english accents not london ones?
but if not I still think MLE is worse, estuary is alright

To be fair native speakers also sometimes leave out "I" in informal cases. Like someone saying "Just picked up [object] from the store" would be parsed as having an implied subject. So if someone said "Where is he?" and you replied "Just said he'd come down here" that'd be totally parseable.

Does Norwegian conjugate such that each verb corresponds to a subject?

Partially this. The speech of lower-class urban Brits is absolutely disgusting, but the rural accents like West Country is pretty good. Received Pronunciation is also aesthetic but incredibly prissy.

>making snooty class distinctions

m8, we're not English. pls font be like those pretentious twats.

spelling and grammar are two different things ya goof

english is a north germanic language so i have no trouble believing scandis can grasp it quickly/well

Oh, I was worried that I left out "I" too much, but it's fine then I guess.

I don't understand your question. Can you explain more?
We do have a requirement for a subject in Norwegian, if that's what you are asking. So we say "it rains", even though nothing "iS" raining. But this is common in European languages I think

>Fe0ffer

The fuck? How do you pronounce that?

.......................................................................................................eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh i mean orthography is generally not considered a constituent field of grammar but lets not be too harsh on the Scandinavian friend up there.

So like most Mexicans just say "soy Mexicano" instead of "yo soy Mexicano". Or like "corres hoy?" for "did you run today", and dropping the word for "you".

>anglo
>intellectual

true a lot of Americans have shit grammar but England has the lowest literacy rates in the anglosphere.

>grammar = spelling
>oilnigger education

I don't speak Mexican, so still hard to understand.
Norway requires a subject, you can't drop pronouns, although it is common to drop "I" in unformal, written Norwegian. But our grammar doesn't allow sentences without subjects, and will even insert empty subjects "it" where there are none, to fulfill this grammatical requirement of having a subject.

Essentially this. Also, the large part of the older generations can't speak English at all, the large part of the younger generation speaks it awfully.

americans simplified their language so naturally it's easier to pass tests

I want some Ausiie to vocaroo this with his accent please

>be australian
>wake up next to your sister
>"ay dahlin fahk moi that was a noice root last noight"
>ride a kangaroo to the shitposting plant
>get stopped by abos
>their faces haven't loaded yet because of high ping
>give them all your petrol anyway
>apologise for invading their country
>say thank you to the traditional owners of the land, the irrawajjialabumbajjiju people
>continue on your way
>shitpost hard on Sup Forums all day so you can afford to pay your internet bill ($1000 for 0.1bps connection, 3mb data cap)
>go home
>get mugged by abos again
>no petrol this time, give them some of your ping instead
>switch on the tv
>the wallabies lost to new zealand again
>"fahkin no worries m8 she'll be roight I'll just watch the loigue instead"
>the kangaroos lost to new zealand again
>"m-muh cricket"
>3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
>"m-muh afl"
>can't see what's happening, players' mullets blocking the camera
>go to new zealand, steal some pavlova and claim it was yours all along
>cry yourself to sleep muttering "m-muh hdi, m-muh gdp per capita"
>get bitten by spoidah
>die within seconds

I'd imagine that they probably have a better academic understanding of the English language than me yeah

I played A LOT of online videogames growing up, and I played primarily with a group of accentless irish boys, and I was quick to adapt to their way of speaking, so I pretty much speak perfect plain english with a tiny bit a an irish twist on the Os

Keith, if you're reading this, I miss you

>accentless
>accentless irish
Does not compute