Best artist you seen live this year

For me it was:
>King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard at Reading Festival

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWjECERl-Zo
dentband.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Animal Collective. Say what you will about Painting With, the album is an absolute mindfuck live.
Titus Andronicus, Parquet Courts, Preoccupations, Chelsea Wolfe, Julia Holter, and Jagwar Ma were all wonderful as well.

That's pretty sweet OP, I imagine they tore shit up.
Agree with this honestly, the Painting With tour restored my faith in Animal Collective. Super jealous you got to see Julia though.

Considering seeing preoccupations later in the year
How good were they?

Arcade Fire in 2014. Phenomenal performances and stage show, the Reflektor songs are a million times better live, Television and Dan Deacon opened, great sound. Nothing to improve

Best part is David Byrne came onstage and covered Suicide with them
youtube.com/watch?v=eWjECERl-Zo

Joanna Newsom
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Swans
Sleep
DENT
Built to Spill

Not necessarily in that order

They indeed tore shit up, also I didn't expect so much moshing!

Bruce Springsteen

All I want is for Built to Spill to come to the UK

I'm not a fan of their new album, so those tracks didn't really impress me but every song they did off of Viet Cong was incredible. March of progress, continental shelf - they just have so much chemistry and play off eachother insanely well.
And Death destroyed me. It was magical watching them all hammer away at the same time, pushing each other further and further.

I also would have put King Gizzard in this list, but I saw them a little over a year ago

Thanks man, I'll go. Not much of a fan of the new stuff either though

>DENT
literally who?

I was at that set - fantastic but shame they only played half an hour, go see em at a headline gig. Saw them in Bristol earlier in the year and it was phenomenal.

Best gig I've been to this year was Flaming Lips playing Soft Bulletin in full at Wilderness Festival. Seeing Radiohead next week as well so that'll be pretty cool.

Titus have been rubbish this year since they started touring as a 4 piece. The 6 piece band they were touring with last year was absolutely phenomenal though.

Actually scratch that, just remembered LCD Soundsystem at Glastonbury which I think edges it over the FLips. They're a close second though.

Tigers Jaw and Basement. Fidlar was pretty dope too

>tfw haven't been to a single show this year

just got tickets for Starfucker in november, but that'll probably be it

Never saw them before their current tour so I can't speak to that, but their setlist was killer and the energy was infectious.

Also totally forgot about Ought, those guys were fucking insane as well.

Oh the gigs are still fun and they get great crowds but the band just don't sound as good as they used to when they could blast out a wall of guitars and had they keys in to add a little flavour and pull of the more layered material. It's a shame because they are brilliant.

dentband.bandcamp.com/
DIY metal band from boston that I saw at a house show in philly. Their recorded stuff is a little underwhelming compared to the amazing show they put on

I saw King Gizzard and if you were outside the pit you'd realise the stlist got really stale after a couple of songs

Damn I've seen DENT a couple times now they're definitely a hell of a group good to see some people listening to the good Boston underground scene
There's a show every year in Boston called Fuzzstival where a shit ton of great local and regional bands play and they were there this year

What is he seeing Sup Forums

Drive Like Jehu

Steve Hackett was based as shit

I saw animal collective live in April and they sucked ass. Not much of a mindfuck,
when they're live PW sounds like twink dance music

LCD Soundsystem
Ween
Digable Planets
Randy Newman
Yonatan Gat
Julia Holter
Circuit des Yeux

Hope you feel cool for hating on it. I loved it. You wasted your money. Sorry you don't get it.

are of Montreal worth seeing this year?

Have you seen them before? I've seen them 3 times and while they always put on a great show, it gets pretty samey after a while. They mostly stick to the "hits" off Sunlandic/Hissing Fauna/Skeletal Lamping and then a selection of new songs, but if you've never seen them it's definitely worth it.

I was there, it was great

nope, never seen them

do they ever play anything off paralytic stalks? that's my fave

Nope :(

:'(((

Springsteen played 4 hours straight, was amazing

Anco needs to put some more old shit in their setlist

I want Bat You'll Fly

still Phish, but not by nearly as much as last year.

2nd place would be the Travelin' McCourys

Local H's As Good As Dead 20th Anniversary at the Metro in Chicago was fantastic

what's the crowd usually like?

not a homophobe but I honestly would feel really uncomfortable if it was a super gay crowd

It's pretty much the same crowd you'll see at any other p4k-approved band, but yeah there may be a few more gays than at most shows

Titus Andronicus is amazing live. I saw them at a small club, and everyone knew the lyrics. It was basically a dream come true, everyone chanting and going hard. Incredible show.

Arcade Fire at this year's Wayhome music fest in Toronto

fucking killed it