This is Chesapeake Energy Arena. It is home to the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder

This is Chesapeake Energy Arena. It is home to the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder.

What the fuck is there for millionaire NBA players to do in Oklahoma on their day off? Serious question.

>not staying in hotel and watching pay-per-view

>not watching the wind come sweeping down the plains

Breed white girls

Blow up federal building tbqh

I never understood what people mean when they say "there's nothing to do" in a city. There's basically the same shit everywhere, the only difference being relevance/amount of professional sports teams. But every city has nice parks, a mall, various theatres, bars, concert halls, stadiums, a kinda quirky/folkie hipster part of town, etc, I've been to so many major/large cities, and its not that different anywhere.

What makes a city good is the people you meet or know, thats when it gets fun. But they probably just work out and chill out at home on off days, the same shit normal people. There's millionaires in every city, and most small towns even

>nothing to do
If the only thing to do is hit up a mall or eat at Chili's, fuck that shit, I can do that in my home city. I want something UNIQUE, something I can only find in that city. There is nothing in Oklahoma (or in any Texas city other than SA or Austin) that you couldn't find anywhere else. I'm not paying vacation $$ to eat a Big Mac in a new location.

They can stay at home and watch anime.

What's there to do anywhere? idk what they'd be doing differently than players in Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee, Phoenix, etc

but that's pretty much what I'm saying, although coastal cities I've found seem to have the most "touristy" things, but they're usually just things that you probably could find in your city but normally dont look around for (kayak tours, parasailing, museums, art galleries, etc). I guess some cities have better or more unique architecture, but you can find nice views n shit pretty much anywhere.

95% sure anime is illegal in Oklahoma, as are most things.

Former OKC resident who moved to Houston, who can confirm Houston is just like OKC with the good parts being a little bigger and the bad parts being massively bigger. I would say the same occurs for every city in similar regions. At least in Houston there's baseball and football.

Absolutely nothing. Hence why some of their players live in DFW.

there probably is nothing to do, but that can be a good thing. JR Smith said he improved his game after moving to Cleveland, because there wasn't anything to do at night in comparison with New York.

Sports-wise, yes, they're all the same. Large stadiums, or not.

Culture-wise, you can get unique views, culture, passtimes in places like NY, Chicago, Austin, LA, San Francisco, Seattle. Everything else is strangely homogenized because "muh big business."

Everything about Houston is positively generic. I've only been to OKC once or twice but same thing, it's miles of housing developments and strip malls. The Hilton in OKC must have a great fuckin' bar for them players.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHklahoma

We are a peaceful people on the plains. We enjoy rowing, bowling fishing.

>Originally opened in 2002
>Thunder moved in 2008

This arena is 14 years old? What's the average life span of a pro sports arena because they seem about due for a new one.

We really need oil prices to rebound.

ass mad seattle or dallas fag spotted

people that live in LA/SF/NYC and pay out the ass in rent think that moving to the 7th or 17th largest city in the US would be like moving to some 400 person town in Appalachia

DFW is based

>2016
>oil
I have some bad news for you, user.

>the keyboard I am pounding this on does not use plastic made from petroleum

Why would I buy a new one?

The democratic president isn't going to war again, and the Earth is almost out of oil, so basically Bye Felicia.

Dont rush the monkey youll get a better show.

i know this is bait, but both democratic candidates have expressed going to war, especially hillary

>Plastic can only be made from petroleum
There's this entire branch of science called chemistry. You should look into it

>implying Hillary is a democrat

DINO AKA New Deal Democrat AKA Republican-Liteā„¢

meant third way democrat lol

SA here after you take all visiting family to the riverwalk and alamo for the 1000th time there is shit to do here

idk, it's a much better place than seattle though having lived in both

you have cheap hockey and baseball though and college sports

DFW here. Most family is in SA and yes, this is exactly what we do whenever we go down there. It's fun and full of shit to do, but after the 10th time I stopped caring.

not be surrounded by literal garbage and savages like in new york city and los angeles

i live on the atlantic ocean in florida in a gated beach community so i don't give a fuck about any of the cities either

This is all true, but there are only a handful of cities that really offer a lot to do late at night. Also, as far as pro athletes go, they might be looking for places to hang with other minorities....something that's not as easy in some towns

Only people who say otherwise grew up in flyover shitholes/completely irrelevant and garbage towns/cities.

AKA a sizable part of this shit website.

>naming your stadium after an east coast indian tribe

Can the Midwest be anymore cucked to big strong easterners?