ITT: Post artists you never see mentioned on Sup Forums and other anons tell you what they think of them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mM-qfpK-mUs
youtube.com/watch?v=YSYjoJVD9SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iBA4vWQRBA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Teenage Fanclub is never mentioned on Sup Forums

Bandwagonesque is regularly praised here, although I rarely see their other albums mentioned.

We must be browsing different threads, because the only time I've seen them mentioned is when I post them. That or you're posting in threads right after I do.

Bandwagonesque is all I've heard from them, but it's really good. I need to listen to more from them
Not a fan

Ghoul

I never see stevie get any love

Nice guy Stevie. I met him at a record signing. Later I went to a show and he recognised me from stage and dedicated a song to me

Transmission Zero is pretty cool

>Akira Ifukube

Did he high five you user?

Yeah, how did you know?

they are praising the wrong album by Teenage Fanclub t b h

Do you listen to Meat Beat Manifesto, user?

Are you a Grand Prix man?
I am

The Buggles

Video Killed The Radio Star is a GOAT song

Jellyfish of course

The Sundays deserve more appreciation on here.

The Afghan Whigs

Seconding both of these.

Also, most E6 groups are never talked about. NMH and OTC get every mention basically.

Thanks for backing me up, my man.

A friend introduced me to Jellyfish around 2010 - and he knew about them from Sup Forums. I hadn't visited Sup Forums much before then, so I came here and saw threads discussing Spilt Milk pretty regularly. Now everyone seems to ignore it when it's recommended.

I love Andy Sturmer's voice and drums work

Swervedriver

Man... I agree 100%. There was an article recently in a drum magazine that analyzed his drumming on Spilt Milk.

I'm sure you've heard the Andy Sturmer demos floating around out there - he's such a talented dude. I know some people that are fairly close to him and they all say his voice is the same as it was in 93.

I especially love the live recordings that exist of Jellyfish. There's a few soundboard recordings out there - my favorites are probably from the Universal Amphitheater show in 93.

This video (video is from Munich/audio from the Universal Amphitheater show) contains one of my favorite Andy vocal performances. I love how he changes the vocal line slightly and screams "FORGIVEN" at 3:47. Absolutely beautiful. Especially when paired with that expert drumming.

youtube.com/watch?v=mM-qfpK-mUs

Never seen any threads or mentions about The Raincoats on Sup Forums, what do you guys think of them?

I agree, I used to spend nights watching their shows on Youtube.
Thanks for the share

I discovered another band whose drummer plays drums while he is standing up and singing which is Mini Mansions,

Though, the drummer uses no bass drums, which is, to me, very impressive!

youtube.com/watch?v=YSYjoJVD9SQ

I like these bands

Not too familiar but like the few songs I've heard.

meh

I don't know the other ones well enough to say anything about them.

every mention of be-bop deluxe or bill nelson's solo works on this site have been by me

Interesting! Wow, I'll check that out!

Maureen Tucker from The Velvet Underground lives very close to me - another drummer that played standing up. Her playing was far less conventional, though.

Songs in the Key of Life is a patrician album, I'm so surprised Stevie Wonder isn't mentioned much on Sup Forums

Same, but with bluegrass

I find that it's really hard to engage in discussions on Stevie Wonder and Prince on this board.

If you haven't seen this video - you should. All of Sup Forums should. People don't realize Stevie had drumming chops too.

youtube.com/watch?v=iBA4vWQRBA0

Stevie Wonder is the fucking man, I listened to him so much at one point

Innervisions, Songs in the Key of Life and Talking Book are all GOAT albums desu

Billy Bragg?

I like his earluer stuff, especially back to basics

Motorpsycho

Can't remember many mentions of them on here.

i think theyre actually top tier mall core. would jam out to msi anytime

I never ever really hear much about Big Star!?!? #1 Record, Radio City and Third/Sister Lovers are all classics for me.

Tonight's suicide thread is the first time I've ever seen Emancipator on Sup Forums. I really like SIWBCE but I don't think his other work really stacks up.

All of the major '80s indie bands get a lot of love here.

That album was Sup Forumscore for awhile. Great band

Stars deserve more recognition

Osaka Popstar never gets mentioned, but that's with good reason. They only have one good song and of course it's a cover.

I recently discovered Sunburst Finish and it's great, what should I listen to next

Stevie Wonder I don't get, but Prince sucks a lot- even if his music is decent (which it isn't according to what I've been able to find) his personality was such a negative force it turns me off to the music. maybe he's remembered because he was a balance to all that is good in the world

Didn't he do an assload of charity work he never told anyone about because of his religious beliefs or do you hate those too because "muh purpose is fighting religion"

what do you guys think of $uicideboy$?

I love Pulp

His name is r stevie moore if anybody is wondering, ariel pink ripped this guy off

ONE SHELL TO YAH BACK YOU A NINJA TURTLE

doing charity work and not telling anybody about it does not automatically make you a good person. I never mentioned religion you tinfoiler, you

legends, no other word to describe them properly
haven't gotten into this band yet

thats pouya, not suicideboys

Yes my nigga