Be completely honest Sup Forums

Be completely honest Sup Forums

What music did you listen to in middle school/high school

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AtzIWPeun7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Entry-level experimental stuff and Indie Rock

I listened to like nothing but Green Day and The Beatles.

Interesting I know

Slipknot primarily. Other poser shit, I thought I had crazy obscure taste. lmao what a fag

Eminem, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, The Game. Later on bands from GTA soundtracks.

Middle school I think I listened to the Beach Boys and Nirvana

death metal

Daft Punk and Justice. Vidya music.

None in middle school, other than the occasional radio in the car
In high school it was a combination of power metal and downtempo

In 7th and 8th grade I listened to HORSE The Band, various chiptune artists, daft punk, justice, and black flag
i was edgy

Dude, Danger Days was the shit.

Gorillaz and The Hives mainly

nananana's music video is god tier

Middle school

Ratatat
Infected Mushroom
The Prodigy
Rick Ross
Scarface
Joe Hisaishi

9-10 grade

Anco
Throbbing Gristle
King Crimson
Algarnas Tradgard
Add N to X
Magma
KK Null

11-12 grade

Arrigo Barnabé
Deutsch-Amerikanischen-Freundschaft
Faust
King Crimson
Tatsuya Yoshida
Magma
Hanatarash
Daft Punk
The Prodigy (again)

I've been told it got worn out here on Sup Forums when it came out, and I wish I was there for that because it's still a fucking awesome album.

They were definitely the best of that bunch. And to answer the question lightly, definitely them. Lots of stuff like that, your typical alt, 30 Seconds to Mars, Three Days Grace kind of shit until I started listening to more off-kilter or older stuff later on, not much worth mentioning by name.

I used to be a techno/electro snob but then two years after all the Skrillex clones and trashy "EDM" I stopped listening to dance music.
My friends were all into metal back then but I'm only getting into it just now.

I keep seeing Arrigo Barnabé being mentioned here
I should listen to Clara Crocodilo already, it's been on my backlog for years now

Blink, Green Day, Bowling for Soup.
Never had checked Vans so I wasn't a 'kool' kid, just Chucks.

cky
pretty much anything someone in high school '04-'08 would listen to.

Who else /emotrash/ here

my yearbook photos want to make me kill myself

I still listen to My Chemical Romance.

I was very heavily into Drum & Bass. I didn't have the best taste though. I loved Hospital records. I'm not a big fan of them anymore but a few things I still revisit sometimes, like High Contrast's first album. Got into Calibre's stuff too and went through his whole back catalog. I'm still a huge fan but don't listen to his new stuff as much.

Nothing wrong with drum n bass.

I listened to Rhapsody in Blue every morning in the car on the way to middle school. Occasionally the contemporary country music from my mom's car stereo would sneak past my earbuds in the quieter sections of the song. A lot of Toby Keith interspersed with Gershwin.

On my iPod shuffle, I had a lot of Imogen Heap, Wynton Marsalis, Weird Al, John Williams, and other songs that were popular in commercials and movies at the time.

This was from 2003ish-2006.

it's one of my favourite albums, listen whenever you have time!

qotsa, strokes, entry level stuff like that. still pretty good.

Nirvana
Pearl jam
Soundgarden
Alice in chains
Pantera
NIN
Metallica
Cypress Hill

In no particular order. I also used to listen to Love-line through my Walkman radio when it came on the radio.

Who am I?

Weird Al, Linkin Park, and video game music

could have been worse I guess

Yeah of course but you can do it wrong. Ignoring labels like Metalheadz and Subtitles to gush over the latest Hospital release was dumb. Took some time but I opened my mind a bit later on and I was more prepared when the Autonomic type stuff came around. Pissed me off so much when people were complaining about it.

Tool, Black Flag, and RATM. so EDGY

Ah well, that always happens with any genre. I'm a hip hop fan and it's unfortunately made me neglect other genres in favour of the single genre I like most.

I still listen to most of my chemical romances stuff in all honesty and enjoy

Not really

I still enjoy all the stuff I listened to in highschool in all honesty

Same for me.

Is it that bad though user?

Same. People talk the opinions of anonymous posters way too seriously. Everyone here is severely insecure about their taste and should enjoy whatever they want.

In Middle School, Marilyn Manson

In High School, Dir En Grey

Along with other artists and bands thrown in there.

You guys wanna talk about fucking edge?

My Chemical Romance
Escape the Fate
Sleeping with Sirens
A Day to Remember
Pierce the Veil
Senses Fail
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Falling in Reverse

He could have been into Kenny Chesney or something. I'm pure white trash raised in a trailer park so I just narrowly escaped that shit. At least Weird Al can be a gateway to basically every form of popular mainstream music around since the 80s. Not the worst place to start. Linkin Park though...

Ignore the autistic faggot. Who cares what you listen to anyway

Metal ?

In middle school it was Fallout Boy, Three Days Grace and anime openings. In highschool it was Coheed and Cambria and Gorillaz for the most part with some other similar bands at the side. Honestly I didn't listen to music quite as much back then.

Captain Beefheart, Henry Cow, Animal Collective, Ariel Pink, Zappa, the Fugs.

I had no friends, very cringey time

>I'm sooooo edgy xDDDD
I still listen to My Chemical Romance and A Day To Remember. Dunno why you think you're so edgy.

Middle school was a lot of classic rock
High school was IDM and progressive rock

>I still listen to my chemical romance

Dadrock and electronic. I fucking hated metalcore back in the day too.

I do to at times, you dont have to outgrow the things you like..

You shouldn't entirely discount them either. Ja Rule is on the radio right now. There was a time when I liked this guy's music. I stopped liking him because Eminem and 50 Cent wrecked his career, but looking back I was right to stop listening to this garbage.

There was a time when I liked Limp Bizkit too. I even liked Creed once. I didn't stop liking these things because they stopped being popular, I came to the realization that they suck. I have a computer in front of me. This device gives me the ability to access the entire history of recorded music. I don't need to listen to shit just because it's popular anymore.

MCR is legitimately good though

Not him but Danger Days is a good listen during summer.

And I personally like Desolation Row and The Ghost of You.

>he thinks I care about the opinions of anonymous posters on an Indian curry discussion board.

LOL, first time I hear Arrigo Barnabé been cited here. I prefer the live version of "infortunio", to me is much better. Also do you remember the first you've heard Dodecaphony? Didn'it felt weird ?

MCR is good all the time. I might listen to three cheers now.

I was huge on system of a down in highschool, like, went to forums, reserched on the member of the band constantly,and stuff
Also entry level metal, metallica, ratm, slayer etc

>first phase
Sonata Arctica
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Nirvana

>Second Phase
Megadeth
Slayer
Pantera
Anthrax
Sodom
Forbidden
Exodus
Overkill
Tankard
Kreator
Thrash Metal in general

>third phase
Death
Opeth
Porcupine Tree
Tool
Alice in Chains
Pink Floyd

that's pretty much what I liked the most during highschool

>now
Cocteau Twins
GY!BE
Swans
Radiohead

Imo SOAD don't have a single bad album or song. I've liked everything they ever put out.

MSI and System of a Down in middle school. Then I got really into beck and the warp/planet mu discography later in high school. I never really sought out new music, just kind of listened to who ever collaborated or associated with anyone I already listened to.

What's your opinion on CC?

I really loved it. End Of Me hits me in the feels.

I always thought Soldier Side is weaker than the intro version on Mesmerize.

That was kind of a let down but then Holy Mountains made up for it.

Fair enough. I was a big fan back in the day too. I really hope that they release something again. It's not too late.

Beck, Outkast, The Get Up Kids

Everyone on No Limit/Cash Money

Also bought that Toadies album so...

Good stuff.

They're like Tool now. Where you think they're due to release something and before you know it, it's been 10 years.

i listened to yellow card and finger eleven while i played halo 2 with my friends and drank rockstars until i pissed blood

Thx I feel old as shit reading this thread lol

No, I was an avid fan of Zeuhl and RIO before hearing Barnabé, so the serialist melodies weren't that big a jolt

Not that guy but I enjoyed it quite a lot

quality post

mostly muse and arctic monkeys
I still like arctic monkeys

I started listening to no wave when I was 15

Who else was an avant teen here?

I'M NOOOOOOOOT OOOOOOKAAAAAAY
They're never gonna release anything again, are they?

I listened to the stuff my Dad played, mostly dance music like Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy. I remember thinking my favourite album was Converting Vegetarians by Infected Mushroom. My taste got worse in secondary school before it got better.

Eh, steal this album is pretty weak imo, but yeah, they have really catchy song after song

chiptune and bleeps (mostly drum n bass and techno) in middle school, a various electronic stuff and some occasional rock in high school
I honestly can't say there's something I've ever liked musically that I don't still like now unless you count radio disney shit from when I was really young

me

i was getting into power electronics at 15 lol

Being completely honest, I still listen to PTV. I started in 10th grade and they've only gotten better in terms of their image. Misadventures was also one of their best albums; I saw them perform it in Boston a few months ago.

However, their fans are still some of the worst I've encountered. Not as bad as TOP but still bad.

I listened to a lot of Faust, Xenakis, Reich, TFU282, Ligeti, etc. in high school but now that I've calmed down, the music of Carly Rae Jepsen has been really appealing to me.

Which one?

I think both will eventually but the anticipation isn't easy for the fans.

LB's first two albums don't really suck though.

Three Dollar Bill is nowhere near the same tier as something by Nickleback or Linking Park

Tool

Xenakis, Boulez, Stockhausen, Ligeti, Coltrane, Braxton, Dolphy, Faust, Captain Beefheart.

Nirvana, entry-level classical, Nat King Cole and Daft Punk.

26 y/o largely the same things. Got told I have the taste of a 16 year old earlier this week on Sup Forums

>Middle School
>6th grade
Blink-182 and Green Day
>7th grade
Bomb The Music Industry!
Less than Jake
Streetlight Manifesto
>8th grade
A bunch of rubbish that wasn't as good as the bands that I liked in 7th because I was going through a phase where I thought I was becoming a hipster and wanted to try different music and decided to give more mainstream pop a try. It was a huge mistake and I hated most of that shit. I later ended up just browsing Sup Forums because I used to lurk here back in the day. I mostly just started listening to entry level Sup Forumscore and I already knew of and liked Animal Collective so I just listened to that I guess. I also started getting into American Football as well.

>High School
>9th grade
Aphex Twin
American Football
Tycho
Bomb the Music Industry!
Death Grips, this was around the time TMS released and I listened to Exmilitary mostly
>10th grade
The Brave Little Abacus
Bomb the Music Industry!
Cap'n Jazz
>11th grade
A lot of shitty emo music until I found out about post-hardcore and math rock
Uchu Conbini
Bomb the Music Industry!
Snowing (I liked everything but their full length)
Cap'n Jazz
the cabs
>12th grade
Mostly the same as 11th but I grew a taste for hip hop like Nujabes, Uyama Hiroto, Madlib, MF DOOM, Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth, etc. And listened to that until I got tired of it
I also started listening to more and more math rock and post-hardcore and rediscovered my love for At The Drive In having not listened to them since middle school

>Now
Fugazi
At The Drive In
Jeff Rosenstock
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs
Toe
Elephant Gym
Johnny Foreigner
Malegoat
And a bunch of other math rock and punk rock bands I'm too lazy to mention

Enjoy reading my autism blog

Last album of theirs I liked was homesick

no one actually cares this much about you listening history you complete faggot

autistic faggot

kill yourself faggot

how self-absorbed do you have to be to type all of this bullshit and actually think anyone would care?

millennial faggot kill yourself please

Oh yeah and I also still listen to Cap'n Jazz, American Football, and Streetlight Manifesto as well, fucking love those bands.

Triggered

I'm glad this is the response and not the other way around with someone stroking someone else's ego. I'm pretty self-absorbed at this point, mostly trying to figure out shit and I like to write stuff.

>>gettin upset

>Middle school

Soulja Boy (which I quickly grew out of)
Jay Z
Lupe Fiasco
Kanye

>High school

Bloc Party
MBV
Blink 182
Charles Hamilton
The Pixies
List goes on...mostly alt, indie and rap.

Styx was unironically my favorite band, I also really liked ELO

youtube.com/watch?v=AtzIWPeun7c

Middle school - linkin park, beatles, foo fighters, also a ton of atlanta rap. ranging from ringtone rap (soulja boy was at his peak) to outkast and TI.

High school - got into softer guitar music. listened to a lot of grizzly bear, fleet foxes, expanded hiphop tastes to nas, kanye, and other famous rappers. also throw in a ton of dilla, flylo, and radiohead.

10-12 death grips and stuff related to the band like zach hill, and experimental electronic, prior to that dad rock and shitty edm

great aesthetic and fun music
i miss 2000's pop punk