Kobe > Duncan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qawbo3NOmR4
youtube.com/watch?v=MPzC-eAQ_Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=S3Wb9fSzefk
youtube.com/watch?v=5aXVxcLm2qQ
basketball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol...nope. I LOVE Kobe, but you can't put him in the top 5 by position all time for a 2 guard. Duncan however is the best 4 to ever play the game. Can't compare the 2 you dumbfuck.

apologize cuck

Duncan will always be better than Kobe. Anyone who disagrees is a cumguzzler from SoCal. Facts are facts.

>that flag, this topic.....stick to being a a mid level soccer team and not being relevant in any other sport whatsoever

>Kobe went out with 60
>Duncan went out on the bench

>people will say Duncan was better

The "Duncan > Kobe" meme only started after Kobe tore his achillies and everyone magically forgot the first 15 years of his career.

>Duncan is a 4

18+

5 rings/3 FMPVPs > 5 rings/2 FMVPs
2 MVPs > 1 MVP

Rapist

The Greatest Brick Throwing Chucker Of All Time.

But Kobe has more western conference titles and more head to head playoff victories

Duncan is better by every measure

Duncan is the better all time player. That 60 point game from Kobe to end his career on was such a joke. It was basically an exhibition game.

I'm sorry kobe

It's no different from magics ASG, yes, what's your point?

Suck shit, rapist.

>more western conference titles
Irrelevant.

>head to head playoff victories
Most of them thanks to Shaw

>Duncan is a center

And you obviously never watched the vast majority of his career.

>irrelevant

Considering they both played in the west and how shit the East has always been, I don't think so.

>Shaw
>Implying Duncan didn't have a shitload of help throughout his career

No one with a brain believes that Duncan is better than Kobe.

Never was. Not even for one millisecond.

Duncan was great but Kobe was legendary.

I'll spit on Kobe's grave with my dying breath. I'll never for a minute call him better than Duncan. You'll have to beat it out of me, and you probably won't succeed.

Kobe is a Top 20 player all time. Duncan is Top 10. Come at me.

If the East is so shit then why did Kobe fail to turn those Conference titles into more rings?

Oh right, because he shot .380 (.170 from 3) vs the Pistons and .400 vs the Celtics.

Tim Duncan is a top 10 player all-time.

Kobe Bryant is maybe top 20.

is steph curry a shooting guard

>Kobe was legendary.

he was a shitty ball hog that rode the coat tails of gasol and shaq. Look at his career shooting %. It's dogshit

do people shout 'duncan' when throwing things into the trash?

didn't think so

If you consider unclutch chucking as legendary then sure, yeah.

>every analyst ever calls him the best PF of all time

>nah bro, you dont know basketball

And Duncan was part of one of the biggest chokejobs in finals history. Neither is perfect in the finals, but Kobe at least got there more.

On any other team, yes.

That chokejob happened strictly because Duncan was benched for that Ray Allen play

WTF are you talking about Farley? I was replying to the moron that called him a center.

He spent half of his career at PF and half at C but his peak came at PF. He should definitely be considered a PF for purpose of historical comparisons

For fuck's sake...that's what I have been saying from the 2nd post in this thread. Again, he is the best 4 to every play the game.

Subtle trolling or pure retardation, Duncan goes down as a PF.

/thread

duncan is not top 10

Thank you....a 4. God Damn, what is so hard to understand about that.

And he may not be...but when the 1st 4 / PF makes that list, the only name is Duncan that gets penciled in.

Duncan was a cog in the machine. Kobe was the man.

Kobe>Duncan

>There was no OT in game 6
>There was no game 7

lmao duncan choking so hard out there right now holy fuck!!!! this is how he's gonna get remembered while kobe will be remembered scoring 60 in his last. fuck you duncan you nerd faggot!!

No, Shaq was the man.

There wouldn't have been if Pop had kept Duncan in.

And how is Game 7 a choke? The Heat were favoured to win that game.

>being remembered for losing a tough playoff series at the age of 40
>being remembered for chucking on the worst NBA team ever

Nobody knows that for sure.And it's a choke considering how close they were the game before. Just like the Texas Rangers in 2011

That Kobe had one of the worst seasons of all time for a future hall of fame player, leading to the worst record in Lakers history, and that joke of a 60 point game shouldn't make up for that.

ITT:mad spuds

stay salty faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=qawbo3NOmR4
youtube.com/watch?v=MPzC-eAQ_Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=S3Wb9fSzefk
youtube.com/watch?v=5aXVxcLm2qQ

Stay Salty Tim

have you ever been so salty you called a 60 point game a joke

>straight from the courtroom

My
Sides

Kobe is and always will be a chucker and a loser who was carried by superior talent.

Even Phil said he'd rather have Duncan than Kobe.

>spuds fans right now

Kobr>Duncan

Ahhahahajajajahahahahahahhahahdjjskfkkfkcksja

Spurs fans everyone. Classy in wins, classless in defeats

>classy

m8 I've never tried to be classy, I've always hated the Lakers.

>the mini-admiral
>not a systembabby

also

>citation needed

phil also says he genuinely wants to be in New York for the long term too

don't take everything face value bud

If you can't admit Kobe is the superior baller, you just don't know NBA basketball

anybody with common sense would take duncan over kobe. A big that gets you 20 & 10 and anchors the d is too good to pass up

How about the fact that Duncan has won several playoff series and Finals himself, but has never been to blame for the Spurs losing a series?

Meanwhile Kobe has directly lost the Lakers more than a few series.

>Kobe has directly lost the Lakers more than a few series.
To hell with that. Kobe is directly responsible for the 3 shit years they had in the mid 00s by running Shaw out of town. He didn't just lose series for them, he lost years

It was a joke though. If the Jazz had something to play for they wouldn't have let him get anywhere close to 60.

Objectively wrong

>22-34

looks like they lost more last time we count

>because they play the same position
>because they're the same age and height

kysmm (kill yourself my man)

they played him tough the entire game.

>let him

top fucking lel. kobe was styling on them.

you are now aware that kobe is responsible for 6 of the worst seasons in lakers history

Same fag

Does anyone have the webm of that ridiculous moving screen on one of Kobe's late shots?

It was a rigged game, All-Star games have more integrity

>they played him tough the entire game
Sure they did.

Randle admitted to it, turn off the proxy Kobe hater

So what if he admitted it? Doesn't make it any less of a rigged game.

The Jazz players and the other Lakers players knew what their roles were for that game. It was a big media event with a bunch of attention that was there than for no other reason than to see Kobe shoot as much as he could. The Jazz held a double digit lead for most of the game and then in the 4th Qtr they backed off to let Kobe have his moment.

yeah they definitely didn't double team him at the end of the game

retard

When Jazz actually started playing defense the refs took over and made sure we get a storybook ending.

It wasn't rigged kek, you think Gordon Hayward wanted to go down as the guy Kobe raped for 60?

>muh refs

great argument

>tfw you now remember when Kobe was going to the Cloppers during the Shaq feud

God, Spuds fans are so delusional. If Kobe ever lost in the first round to a #8 seed, you would never hear the end of it. I don't think anyone even remembers Duncan doing it because for some reason Duncan can do no wrong.

It is when they allow a team to get away with anything on offense.

>Duncan is better because he played a historically weak position

ok kid

If Duncan is so good why did his higher seed Spuds git got by the Memepiss Grizzles?

no

Duncan > Bryant

Only fedoras and faggot say duncan is better than kobe. Its ok though have your shitty moment. No one was even putting ducan in the same breath as kobe before tearing his achilles.

All-time ranks:

Duncan - 2
Kobe - 13

Sorry, kid

You're right, Duncan was already far superior by that time. Only swag fag hype kids ever thought Kobe was better. It's not even a discussion among real basketball people.

It seems like people have forgotten about early-mid 2000's kobe. Although I love duncan and think he's one of the greats, individually kobe's peak was higher than duncan's.

Not even close. Kobe's a stat padder.

Kobe didn't even make the playoffs a couple of those years. Lmao.

Duncan won a 2003 ring literally by himself.

reminder that kobe is literally chris anderson tier

basketball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi

Birdman, Birdman

idk he 3-peated, made the finals and broke a motherfuckton of records. Sure he had a bunch of personal shit going on and was a pretty big dick, but basketball-wise he was unbelievable. He also lead his team in assists like every year

Also, let me add, the teams they are on are entirely different. Duncan has had extremely well built, well coached, finely tuned machines to play on, and has had tons of success being a great leader/team player and playing the game "the right way". I honestly think its commendable, and as I said, I love duncan and have a lot of respect for the spurs.

Then you look at the lakers where you have Shaq, Kobe and the boys with shaq and kobe making half the team's salary. They were expected to stat pad, they were what the whole team was built around

Fucking dumbass. If Kobe is not in your top 10, you haven't watched basketball.

*teleports behind you and slices you with your own katana*

Heh nothing personal kid

>went out with 60
>doesn't make playoffs
>historically bad season
kobe has been irrelevant for the past 5 years kid. Duncan has made the playoffs each year and won a finals. He also had a historically great season. The better man went out better.

Oh yeah, he did say that, didn't he? But didn't he also call Rodman a 1/1,000,000 athlete and called him a joy to coach? Then again, he did call Kobe volatile as fuck, too.

Are you calling Kareem, Phil, Oscar, Julius, Tomjanovich and Hakeem fedora faggots?

Slow down, man.

>19 points against Kanter

Haha haha haha haha haha haha haha you are joking right? Kobe > Duncan, wise up son

>historically weak position

Center position is for tall players who have zero dribble and no jumpshot. Duncan who has both is now considered weak.

Salty about what? Duncan's clearly had the better career, hence Duncan > Kobe.

>most missed FGs in history