Why does the sports media not make a big enough deal about how easy the Eastern Conference is to play in?

Why does the sports media not make a big enough deal about how easy the Eastern Conference is to play in?

The last legit team LeBron faced in the playoffs was the 2008 Celtics who he lost to. Every eastern Conference team since wouldn't have even made it to the WCF.

Seriously, LeBron has no real rivalries because he has been hiding out in the East his whole career. Celtics is the only team he built hatred for but they were washed up by the time he went to the Heat.

Shitty bait thread, feel bad Sadtonio

>play in "inferior" east
>they make up for lack of skill with physicality
>physically beat up as you clear the east
>play the "superior" west as your final challenge at the end of a long battle
You'd want it any other way?

You people are fuckin retarded and don't understand sport

>talking out of your ass

the top west teams would burn through the east like wild fire when the excuses for lebron are the only things that burn through like wild fire

if san antonio was in the east, would the cav's even make it out? if they didnt, expect excuses. but no points out the cake walk the cavs have, but are quick to point out everyone elses cake walk

this is why stan's and dick rider opinions shouldn't matter, but unfortunately some of them have voices in high places

The Spurs just got beat by OKC lmao

no way!!!

the east was stronger as a whole this year tho

the west is just top heavy

Daily reminder the 76ers beat more West teams than East teams and almost beat the Memeiors

its all about match ups newfriend

keep watching sports for another 5 years or so and you'll learn more brother

LeBron would fucking Monster mash them wirse than Westbrook you dipshit.

Steven Adams had that team quaking.

You're fucjing retarded if you think Suoerstars don't actively avoid the East so they don't rot away like Melo.

>the east was stronger as a whole this year tho
nah. the 8th seed in the west was better than every team in the east except for the cavs. the east was much improved this year, but still shit-tier compared to the west. the win/loss records don't mean shit

Dumbest post of the day

You do realize you're talking about the Rockets right? Holy shit I really hope you're trolling. Portland was the only team in the bottom 4 playoff teams of the west that was better than any of the bottom 4 in the east.

if you don't think the rockets could beat any one of the 8 playoff teams in the east on any given day, you don't watch much basketball. the rockets were the 8th seed because they had awful coaching, but the talent was there. same with the 7th seed, the grizzlies could beat any team in the east on any given day when they're healthy. you can't say that about every team in the east. the west top to bottom is a dangerous conference. if they put an east team and a west team in a building and say "losing team gets killed", i'm putting my money on the west team to make it out alive unless it's the cavs playing

let me clarify before everyone's autism kicks in- i mean i'd take a western conference playoff team over an east team unless it's the cavs

Gotta make Lebron look strong.

adams and james are two different players m8 lel

and melo isn't rotting because the east is soo rough and tough, its because the knicks are a hilarious organization m80cakes

like i said, keep watching more sports friendbro, will help you understand math ups

so the NBA is like WWE now?

>now

Is this the 6th or 7th year in a row with lelbron in the finals? Jesus Christ thats boring

>the rockets were the 8th seed because they had awful coaching,

so they can't beat any of the teams. you're admitting it right here.

>now

M8

>now

Yeah, Lebron is the Roman Reigns of Basketball

The pistons rekt the rockets 2-0 as did the hawks

LeBeta = Roman
Kobe = Cena
Iverson = The Rock
Jordan = Stone Cold
Magic = Bret Hart
Byrd = Hulk Hogan

I thought elite John Wall and the Wizards were supposed to be the surprise of the Eastern Conference

What went wrong?

Gortat
Nene
Beal Parmesan
Wall
Porter
Hickson
Gooden
Dudley
Thornton

Wizards with Arenas was LeBron's rival
Celtics was made for ring chasing 4 allstars vs 1 bullying LeBron.

whos Tim Duncan

2011 Celtics, 2011 Bulls and 2012 Celtics were formidable enough opponents. But yeah he hasn't had a formidable Eastern conference opponent in 4 years.

didnt he beat the celtics in 2011?

They do, but it's not like Lebron has just crawled up and die every single finals. The spurs team in 2014 was just too good.

pretty good

>Tim is Undertaker
user, you're a good guy.

Undertaker

define big enough

this is frequently brought up

hard to be competition for legod desu senpai

WTF is this weeaboo shit.. I DIDNT TYPE THAT
T
B
H

F
A
M

this makes so much sense

is KG mankind?

You've been gone for that long dude? That filter has been applied for a while

The people arguing in this thread need to realize this isn't 20fucking14 anymore. The east has improved and the bottom western teams have declined to some extent. But like an user said the west is extremely top heavy and no team in the east except the cavs would be able to compete in a best of 7

today is like the 3rd time ive been here this year lol

HOW THE FUCK DO I THIS CAPTCHA

WHEN I CLICK ON SOMETHING IT DISSAPERS WHAT THE FUCK

ID RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN DEAL WITH THIS SHIT

I'd have to think about it. I couldn't think of anyone good for HHH, CM Punk, etc when I made that

had to do the audio shit

what a garbage captcha

Yeah don't bother, this place is dogshit. Captcha never works for me either.

2011 Celtics were too old just like 2012 Celtics.

The 2011 Bulls were a regular season meme like the Hawks were last year.

joins twitsp

What about the 10 Celtics that BTFO Lebron out of Cleveland the first time?

Say no more OP. I gotchu. This pic really show his water down competitions.

Has any of the Eastern conference series been good? I know some have been close but the basketball being played in them has looked so bad from what I've seen.

Hey man, the Raps or the Heat could still... haha just fucking with you, yeah you're right.

Cavs/Pistons was pretty good. Cavs swept but the games were all pretty close.

if the west is so good how come the same west teams win it every year?

truth be told, east/west, they're both dogshit and there are only a small handfull of good teams each season, usually the same ones for several seasons.

that pic says everything that needs to be said

There are 3 good teams in the west, would have been 4 if the Clippers weren't hurt. There is 1 good team in the East. Imagine if the Cavs had to face a team as good as the Thunder/Spurs second round, then go on to face the Warriors before even getting to the finals? Compare that to their actual run to the finals this year.

Where's Kareem on that list? Shouldn't he be on it?

yes lebron controls how good the teams in his conference are

people will make excuses for lebron, but lebron could exist in the west and probably come out of it once and awhile, but truth is if you plugged the cavs into the west they'd be like the 4th or 5th seed, you can't deny this.

the warriors woulda been undefeated without curry in the east, lebron didn't play fucking anyone in the east, he played the pistons (lol), and an atlanta team that was almost as fucking awful as the celtic team they just beat, and he won't play anyone in the ECF either, neither the heat nor the raptors are going to do anything against the cavs except maybe lose in 5 at best.

Why doesn't he just go and play in the basketball Premier league or whichever the top league is?

>a 50-win team is sooo much better than a 48 win team, look at Kobe, he is so awesome, i want to suck his dick, pls Kobe come back

if the east is so easy why don't all the top players just move to east teams?

what a shit post lol

because they don't want to be known as an east baby.

the only person who is excused for being an east babby is jordan, but he was the same as lebron honestly, really good but heavily overrated player, and could be argued that kareem is the best ever because he too has 6 rings and the most unblockable shot in the history of the game.

but more people are nostalgic about jordan for some reason, and that he made the game popular worldwide so hes the best ever cause he was 6/6 in the chips.

good points all around, australia

except the east was better back then than the west dumb ass. You had:
Ewing/Knicks
Shaq/Penny
Jordan's Bulls
Hornets

You also had lower tier teams like the heat/pacers with reggie.

You are literally retarded

Lebron suffers from a rare condition that affects and disfigures his face from time to time.

the east has never been better, also good job on forgetting the rockets and utah jazz and even the early duncan era spurs, lmao

if jordan didn't go into hiding after getting his father killed, it woulda been interesting to see him actually lose chips those 2 years the rockets won it, but coming out the west isn't as easy as the east so they didn't make the finals every year :^)

also that doesn't change the fact that jordan was heavily overrated anyway, fucking pippen took them deep alone, I dare say they probably woulda won 1 or 2 chips WITHOUT jordan over that period

the cavs fired the coach who got them to the finals last year, hired some literallywho off the street, and are still favorites to go to the Finals

LEASTERN
E
A
S
T
E
R
N

>early duncan era spurs
>having to go all the way to 1998 to make a weak point, Jordans last year

Also how has the east never been better, when the east was top heavy with celtics/bad boy pistons/hawks and the lakers were getting to the finals like it was nothing because the west was weak AF.

The eastern conference in the 90s was the deeper, more physical conference.

Only 4 Eastern Conference players have finished in Top-6 in MVP voting this decade:

* LeBron
* J. Noah (2014)
* Melo (2013)
* D Rose (2011)

The East is literally Lebeta

>the top west teams would burn through the east

wow, this meme again. You must've forgotten that the GOAT of all time warriors lost a game to the trashcan rockets as well as the projected lottery rebuilding blazers, not to mention blazers played 3 games close. Pistons or hawks would have beaten both of those teams. Cavs are going to sweep toronto as well, while warriors GOAT of all time in the universe will probably lose to OKC. Going to be so rich when Bron brings one to da land and everyone making excuses for warriors when in reality they only won because they were playing against Lebron and a D league team. *Asterisk for the gimmick state warriors 15'

Underrated post that doesn't get responded to because the person you replied to is BTFO and talking out of their biased ass hole

>Clippers

Kek stopped reading, you're delusional. Clippers are not shit and never are shit. Toronto, Heat, and Hawks would beat clippers. And worse, Cavs are beating better teams than warriors are beating and not losing to them.

(you)

>doesn't get replies because BTFO: the post

>voting
>muh unanimous curry
That should tell you all you need to know about that farse of an award

remind me why the pants on head retarded conference system is still used instead of just 1-16?

basically so the playoffs/finals appeal to the broadest possible audience.

>You must've forgotten that the GOAT of all time warriors lost a game to the trashcan rockets as well as the projected lottery rebuilding blazers, not to mention blazers played 3 games close.
Lol did Curry play any of those losses?

basketball is a joke once yo figure that out you will be watching Hockey

relic of when high travel costs forced teams into regional conferences

no promotion/relegation system in america

but why is it still used? Divisions have pretty much been phased out, so why not do the same for conferences? Just keep it for meme shit that no one cares about like the all star game.

why would promotion/relegation affect it in any way?

>Divisions have pretty much been phased out, so why not do the same for conferences?

Because division titles make good participation trophies for casual fans

but literally no one cares about those titles (which is kind of a shame honestly, I wish stuff other than the championship held more prestige like in divegrass)

The bottom seeds in the East are better than those in the West but the Powerhouses are better in the West than the East

>Feces !UMAD3g8LVU

t. LeCuck James

How's that hairline pham?

Can someone explain to me this hairline shit, Curry's is horrible too but no one brings that up?

At least he's beating predictions.

>be Spurdora
>get BTFO
>start hyping da Wess to make myself feel better

Timing of the games because of the different time zones

Curry is an ugly mutt so nobody cares.

define "good".

spurs lost a game to the bulls, pacers and hornets.

thunder lost to the bulls twice, celtics, knicks, hawks, heat, nets, pacers, pistons

that only leaves the warriors. and the east has the cavs. west ain't shit. just like i said, there's a few good teams IN THE ENTIRE NBA, west/east is irrelevant.

i also left out the raptors probably a few more east teams as well but they had wins against the thunder, clippers and spurs.

almost any east coast team would be more competitive than the bums in the west against any tean besides the warriors, whom nobody in either conference was competitive against.

>Curry as Daniel Bryan

Get the fuck out of here. At least people liked Bryan.