What does Sup Forums think about Brand New?

What does Sup Forums think about Brand New?

Liked them when I was 14

That album's kind of old now, dude.

Deja Entendu > TDAGARIM

Yeah, I didn't wan tro use an image of the full band bc they look like faggots in every picture

nice dubs, also you're right

He's pointing at us...

more like Brand Poo

We had a karaoke night at a campus party and I got some hot topic flavored pussy by singing Degausser.

They're OK in my book.

One of my favorite bands when I was just a lad desu, and I appreciate the way they've tried to change their sound with each release

I unironically still enjoy Your Favorite Weapon. It gets lumped into the early 2000's teenage angst pop-punk trash pile, but I think the writing on it was a cut above much of their contemporaries

>tfw you didn't get into brand new until after being an emotional teen

does anybody else share this feel

How have they changed their sound? I haven't listened to much of them but they just seem like pretty generic emo with above-average instrumentals and good lyrics

They started out pop punk and then made a gradual progression towards post-hardcore

I know that feel user, we are the same

Your Favorite Weapon was pop-punk.
Deja Entendu was emo/post-hardcore.
The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me was generally softer, closer to indie rock.
Daisy added some noise rock elements.
and their latest single almost sounds like post-punk.

they're my favorite band of all time, but that's just because I was obsessed when I was a teenager and no other band has grabbed like that since.

Getting fucking tired of all the coyness about a new album though.

How would you rank their full discography

TDAG>Deja>Demos>YFW>Daisy

nightmare and mene are pretty good but I feel like the next album won't have the cohesive sound and theme of TDAG or even Daisy. I still really want it

I think Moshi Moshi is one of my favorite songs of theirs

TDAG > Deja > YFW > Daisy > Demos
Everythings above 7/10 though

Woah, YFW over daisy? I completely disagree desu, why?

Yeah, if I found them when I was 16 I would have been completely obsessed

Deja > TDAG > Daisy > YFW
Haven't listened to the demos.

Terrible, terrible band.

Probably because i listened to YFW a lot before Daisy came out. And I just like pop-punk

Fair

Yeah, in your opinion. What don't you like about them

You rank Daisy where? I really could never get into Daisy and that was way back when I loved Brand New more than my family and friends

Some cuts on Daisy that I don't like. YFW is more consistent imo. The highs are higher on Daisy though so it's a close call

They're pretty good imo.

Not a favorite band of mine or anything, but I don't think they're bad.

>Your Favorite Weapon
Love this album because of the memories. I made out with a girl after I put on Mixtape. Didn't get to bang her because she had a boyfiend.
>Deja Entendu
My 16 year old emo feels
>The Devil and God are Raging inside me
Degausser is one of my favorite Brand New songs and I finally saw them live and Jessie killed it especially that song
>Daisy
Parts were alright and parts were bad. It was there experimental album
>New stuff
Kind of Like Deja and My Fav Wep had a baby.

Jessie did the acoustic version of Moshi Moshi live first time I got to see them it was amazing half the people didnt know the song though and I was screaming along.