youtube.com/watch?v=R_omEqOHNxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ok, you start.

You start

2016: the year of meme rap garbage.

this is truly a dark time for music.

P4k is shit

To get in "Best new music" these days, you just have to be black

yeah because it's not like tons of white people get BNM, and oh it's not like the band with the highest score of the year right now is white.

Name a time p4k was ever right?

Wait, who's the highest BNM, Bowie?

no, Radiohead

Oh no, a band that cares about music is the the highest BNM, p4k must be racist.

??? I was trying to say that you're a fucking retard if you think only black people can get BNM, that's all.

not to mention plenty of black people get panned (Lil Yachty and Desiigner for example).

missed the point faggot

Not him but it has been the case lately. Black artists get wildly inflated scores. Gucci Mane has always gotten high scores for some unknown reason. Waka Flocka has gotten high scores. Lil B has gotten 8s and shit. Beyonce could shit on a blank CD and get a 9. Young Thug is just the newest flavor on the month rapper that can do no wrong.

>Gucci Mane has always gotten high scores for some unknown reason. Waka Flocka has gotten high scores.

they are two of the most influential rappers, even if you don't LIKE hip-hop there is a reason they are acclaimed, P4K didn't just randomly decide to give them high scores. Gucci basically invented trap in the 2000s and then Waka made it a really big thing in the 10s, brought it into the mainstream basically. so it's not "some unknown reason". why don't you fucking educate yourself before you spew out bullshit.

Lil B's last album got a 6 iirc.

Beyonce has never gotten a 9, retard. literally everything she has released has gotten below a 9. again, stop spewing billshit.

Young Thug has been a thing for like years now, he's hardly flavor-of-the-month. were you even here back when Barter 6 dropped, or when Lifestyle was a huge hit?

I'm not gonna ride his dick and say he completely deserves those scores but he is definitely one of the more interesting rappers these days, at the very least he is unique/original and that makes it fun to listen to him and see what he does. I mean have you listened to the album Jeffery? Can you name another album that sounds like it? Go ahead, I would love to hear it. but I doubt you've actually listened to it faggot.

holy shit why are you so fucking stupid

Every year is a rap year,
the beat and the rhyme on sone birthday shit, every year gonna my year,
every year, hip-hop have the album of the year,
hip-hop never left,
everyone loves it that about it,
you can't hate, lets talk about it

uhhhhh l.o.l

>cumskins assblasted now that black music is finally getting its due

I love it.

you're right, young thug is the best representative for black music!!!!!! so progressive

>more butthurt

Keep it coming.

>have you listened to the album Jeffery? Can you name another album that sounds like it? Go ahead, I would love to hear it.

Travis Scott - Rodeo. Now fuck off.

dude is great at triggering black people though
youtube.com/watch?v=R_omEqOHNxg

did you listen to it?

no

2013 was the peak of pitchfork shilling meme rap

lol you're a funny fella

okay, so it's a tie between white and black artists. whatever. my point still stands

It's literally his worst project so far wtf, am I the only one who thinks this?

Fuck it got cut off. It's a 4.

>SS1 higher than B6
>B6 as good as SS2 and SS3

>It's literally his worst project so far
this is how i feel about barter 6
so imagine my confusion

If it didn't Constantly Hating and Can't Tell it would've gotten a higher score.

nope

yes

thuggers a dipshit for not saying anything on ferguson or w/e, but lmao when that coon goes after him for feigning gay.

get out of here

nevermind, i didn't let him finish. good commentator.

Thug is like a Christ figure in modern hip hop

k

EVERYONE
EVERYONE AROUND HERE

those songs are godly wtf

its so crazy that of all places young thug is this widely liked on Sup Forums. like its cool if people on here thought his music was pretty good (which i still don't get) but the fact that he's worshipped the way he is on here baffles me. like at first i thought there was something i was missing, kind of like when i first listened to death grips. but I quickly came to the realization that i'm not missing anything. can someone give me an actual thing that they like about this dude, because all iv'e heard is "its so good" with no explanation

WRONG

I'm still convinced if p4k had waited until after Bowie died they would have given Blackstar a 10.

it's not deep, i like young thug but i don't think he's "the best rapper alive" you're overthinking it just tune out and enjoy the sound and the flow. It's just fun to listen to

I feel bad that black artists are expected to constantly be political to the point that they're massively criticized for not repeating the same opinions about 'america has a race problem' you find from literally every celebrity and news source. It's such an obligatory stance now that takes away from the impetus of the message. Politics is reduced to an opinion you HAVE TO EXPRESS OR ELSE. Doesn't matter that Thugger's music is mostly concerned with the texture of language and abstract wordplay, he's now put in a position where he's being asked questions that have no relation to his artistic project. Makes sense that someone like Kendrick will be asked to comment on social issues, but every black celebrity now just becomes a receptacle for the same repeated, obligatory outrage. People criticize him for not "speaking out" or "spreading the message," but look, the message is fucking out. Every fucking person in America is well aware that black people feel unjustly persecuted by the police. It's not as if Young Thug saying anything will change shit.

blackstar really only delivered it's full impact when Bowie died

>thuggers a dipshit for not saying anything on ferguson
man doesn't have to say anything if he doesn't want to

don't get me wrong i have.when i tune out it sounds like some hype trap shit, i just don't understand why of all trap artists Sup Forums worships thugger. like his music doesn't really stand out from any other trap artist besides his voice

This album was literal 3/10 shite. The features were garbage, thugger's voice was all fucked up (though it's slightly commendable I guess that he was trying something new), lyrics were so garbage even thugger couldn't make them sound good just everything was bad, the three points are for the fairly good production that one can just kinda expect nowadays from a young thug album.

literally his worst album