Quique Sanchez Flores: Watford manager to leave in summer

>Watford manager Quique Sanchez Flores will leave the club after their final match of the season on Sunday.

>The Spaniard, 51, was appointed in June 2015 following the club's promotion to the Premier League.

>The Hornets are 13th in the Premier League, but have won just two of their past 11 top-flight games.

>"The club and me don't have the same point of view about the season," said Sanchez, who also guided Watford to the FA Cup semi-finals.

I'm guessing the Pozzos have no idea how fucking shambolic Watford were the last two times they were in the PL.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/731047575328071680
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36284162
bbc.com/sport/football/36271662
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is a disgrace.

He's also best looking manager 2016

How did he do?

twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/731047575328071680

inb4
>OptaJoe

Decent first half of the season, not so decent second

Definitely deserved another year imo

Although I'm guessing he wants to go to valencia and that's why hes leaving

>The club and me don't have the same point of view about the season
bet he considered the staying up a success but the owners were focussed on the 2nd half slump

>being managed by quique flores

wew lads, Iktf.

You forgot this bit.

>"We don't have the necessary conditions to activate the clause to renew my contract so I will leave Watford as a consequence."

>"I felt completely happy with this year and I have enjoyed this experience."

Straight swap with Guidolin incoming

I forgot the link too: bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36284162

he literally just signed a longer deal

He did? I completely missed that. That makes me happy. :3

bbc.com/sport/football/36271662

>I'm guessing the Pozzos have no idea how fucking shambolic Watford were the last two times they were in the PL.
the Pozzos got this club to where it is by firing managers constantly

I heard there's a vacancy?

I can see it

Is he still dating fehér's sister? He gave that woman a lot of emotional support.

I mean him, the entire Benfica squad, the masseurs, ballboys, etc.

>playing two defensive midfielders
>playing Aimar as forward
>benching Cardozo for Suazo
>refballing Sporting at the LeagueCup final
I miss this lad kek

>this man will be the next Watford manager
lmao, good luck hornets

that's true

you now remember when they had 4 managers in a month:

>Sannino's departure initiated a bizarre sequence of events which led to Watford having three further head coaches in little more than a month.

>On 2 September, Watford confirmed the appointment of former Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Óscar Garcia as the successor to Sannino, beating off competition from fellow Championship side Leeds United for his services. But Garcia resigned from his position on 29 September 2014 for health reasons, having been admitted to hospital with chest pains a couple of weeks earlier.

>Billy McKinlay, who had only been appointed first team coach on 26 September 2014, was appointed as his immediate successor on the same day – his first position in management.

>A week later, McKinlay was released by mutual consent and former FK Partizan coach Slaviša Jokanović appointed in his place, apparently because the club favoured a head coach with greater experience.

classic italian owners

A lot of media types and fans of other teams don't agree with this decision. Tellingly, many Watford fans do.

>That makes me happy. :3
Fuck off, Numbers.

Can you elaborate? Is she hot?

I thought that was Alec Baldwin until I read the filename

Most mid table/safety first clubs fans are like that. These days they've gotten too arrogant.

The Leicester success this year hasn't exactly helped either.

Because they have delusions of grandeur

I will laugh heartily when they finish 20th next season

>Tellingly, many Watford fans do.
Because they're fucking delusional. Watford were favourites to go down before the season and he got them mid table safety + the FA Cup semi

>Get promoted, fire manager
>Get safety, fire manager
They are trying to out-Leeds at manager turnover

>Tellingly, many Watford fans do.
So these Watford "fans" were never around in the days when they were getting relegated from the PL in April under Turnip Taylor and Boothroyd.

This is a club whose highest ever PL finish before this season was 20th.

If they expected to earn a top half finish they're fucking retarded, no matter how good the first half of the season was for them.

>cellino
>pozzo
>Berlusconi
Why are Italian owners so shit?

But that's wrong you fucking retard

he's not wrong about cellino

I don't understand

Not one bit

He is though, got rid of debt, learned through his mistakes and trying to get Leeds into playoffs next season. The media circus against him is ideological, he's no saint but he's improving the team although they are missing on some key people behind the scenes like Adam Pearson and need to get rid of these Bahrain people. I'm sure Cellino will leave when the agenda goes full force, all I see in the local papers whenever I'm in Leeds is the attack on Cellino.

This season is probably the worst I've seen Leeds since they got relegated from the Premier League but I think that's more down to pressure than anything. Cellino will probably leave in the future and the people that have come forward to buy the club have been nothing short from disappointing especially financially. As a Leeds supporter I'd rather he stayed because he points out the bullshit that the football league does especially when it comes to TV. the police and kick offs. They're so corrupt and I think when it comes to British media they are against parts of Italian culture on a political basis because they only understand these things on a controlled junior level.

There are so many other factors though, Leeds before the success of the Revie era was primarily a Rugby League town and still is to a degree. The demonstrations against Cellino, magnified by the media were only run by 20 or so supporters. It's only a small minority that do these things and run these things in the papers. I believe it's the same with these other owners as most people only see one side of the story and it is politically charged.

I haven't been impressed with Flores especially watching them play, that squad is way too good to be playing like that for the last few months.

>that squad is way too good to be playing like that
What? Their squad is a bunch of literally whos. It's Championship tier

>This season is probably the worst I've seen Leeds since they got relegated from the Premier League
lolwhat

so a season where they achieved a decent midtable finish has somehow been worse than when they were relegated to league 1

alrighty then

>I'd rather he stayed because he points out the bullshit that the football league does especially when it comes to TV. the police and kick offs
He points it out in the most cack-handed manner possible. They are legit points but he shouldn't be saying them in the way he does.

>so a season where they achieved a decent midtable finish has somehow been worse than when they were relegated to league 1

Exactly that's how strong I feel about the current crop of players. They've been lacking leadership for a long time and now it's really feeling it.

>He points it out in the most cack-handed manner possible. They are legit points but he shouldn't be saying them in the way he does.

Of course he should, that might just be a flaw of his character but it still doesn't mean he's wrong.

imagine being this handsome at 51

Now that would be a recipe for relegation

>implying the watford wiggle wouldn't happen

cant desu

also he should just go back to valencia