Die Antwoord copied old hardstyle song

So some popular group copied an old hardstyle song. I mean, I'm not a big fan of hardstyle or this song in particular...but this is some pretty clear bullshit that needs to be called out.

>2006
>Dark Oscillators - Sterophobia
>youtu.be/7V9Ove3vKxQ?t=179

>2016
>DIE ANTWOORD - Banana Brain
>youtube.com/watch?v=fgnUfdYCugU

Thoughts Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4B5z-kiLz3c
youtube.com/watch?v=uIqy0RJKTMI
youtube.com/watch?v=lZ5NlkHy3NY
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are you going to do about it?

>call out DC for 'copying them' in suicide squad
>they do this

really makes you think...

Every musician copies somebody else, who gives a shit. They're just a shitty comedy band anyways.

They've used an aphex twin sample before, I'm not trying to defend them, in fact I don't give a fuck about these clowns, sure they could've ripped that song off (on purpose or not) but we still don't know the full story yet.

Also that's a pretty basic and generic melody, I'm sure it has been used more than once.

yeah so did scooter like 100 times
who gives a fuck, its not like hardstyle is some pinnacle of musical creativity and artistic importance
and i say this as a bigger hardstyle fan than anyone on this board
there are classic hardstyle tracks aswell that have ripped off even older dance and even non dance songs
youtube.com/watch?v=4B5z-kiLz3c
youtube.com/watch?v=uIqy0RJKTMI

Does anyone actually like Die Antwoord?

>implying you can steal beeps and bloops

I can't tell the resemblance. These tracks are not similar at all

go to about 3 mins on the first one and 1 min on the second

Thats called sampling

Honestly, the songs have got some similarities, but the only bit that really seems "ripped off" is this one bit... and the problem is that people who know nothing about music think this is significant when the thing they are "ripping off" is so incredibly simple. It's extremely likely they just "came up" (seems like overselling it) with the same thing independently...

All art is derivative. Get over it.

they sound similar, but i'd hardly call it a rip off. quite a bit changed.

oh got it, you meant these two have the same melody. I thought you meant that die antwoord had ripped them off too

its 2016. at this point everyone literally copies everyone and no one cares anymore. sad but true.

yolandi solo album when? if she had like a 12 track album with like 10 features, that shit would be so good.

>its scooter all over again

Death Grips ripped off the part starting around 56:30
youtube.com/watch?v=lZ5NlkHy3NY

Sampling in rap or electronic music??? OMG OP YOU'VE UNCOVERED THE CONSPIRACY OF THE CENTURY

who cares

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8