ITT: poseur magnets

Dear any new or potential RYM users. This thread is here to help you not to be made a fool of by your online peers. For starters..

>What is a poseur magnet
A poseur magnet is an album that users post on their RYM 5.0s to seem cultured, eccentric, and enlightened. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT fall for these albums or you will earn the malice and spite by real music fans of all kinds!

So stay far away from all the music posted ITT! It might just save your life!

jesus christ just let people like entry level experimental/foreign music its not hurting you

but that album is just nice straightforward piano jazz. if you're gonna bait people at least make sense

this is not 77 live

I'm just trying to save these kids from humiliation, user
thats the point but it's "so great, super underrated, it's from JAPAN" type poseur garbage. It's just so sad seeing kids falling for it

>this album is the proof metal can be art

>earn the malice and spite by real music fans
>real music fans will give you shit because of your taste!
WEW LAD

Did it ever occur to you that maybe people just like these albums

/thread

I weep for them

Best thread of all time.

(you)

regardless of whether this is bait or not it's probably the worst thread I've ever seen

lol rym is so dumb

This is the greatest thread in the history of Sup Forums.
You sir, have won the Internet. Bacon upboats ftw, you magnificent bastard. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

upvote this man to karma heaven!

for this thread i present you a funny looking frog. feel free to use it anytime :)

thats a dope album

>sun ra
there's a reason this poseurcore meme is dead

it doesn't make any sense

hahah what the fuck

>disproportionate praise from people who know fuck all about jazz
>endless stream of coloured vinyl represses

Vibe on my good chum!

i always found that album overrated desu

Sleeping Beauty, The Shape of Jazz to Come, and Divine Music from a Jail are fantastic.

TroutMask is dece.

I still havent worked out Comus and Exuma.

Julius Eastman is alright.

Poseurs don't listen to metal. At all. EXCEPT for pic related.

Isn't it funny when hard working artists pour their hearts and their souls into their albums only to end up having their records end up being rendered into nothing but cynical memes made by autistic cunts on Sup Forums?

I have a feeling 40 percent of my fave bands are posercore, and i just haven't read enough charts yet

what if I rate something that seems poseur a 5.0/5.0 when I really love it?

someone post duck please

reply to this post or your gf turns into a horse

tfw no gf am i rite guiiissseee :)))

@67547718

That's having the opposite effect of turning me off. No (You) for you, now grant my wish

So who's allowed to like these "poseur" albums ?

>implying trve kvlt poseurs even have 5s
lmao seriously fuck off tho Sup Forums
>gf
>women
>implignhn

Lester Bangs got the phonomenon down in the 70s
>Doofus (of the preceding paragraph) came up with a lulu in this department, couple of ’em in fact: All he ever talks about is Amon Dòòl II, Bang, and Budgie. Ever heard of any of ’em? That’s what I thought. And you probably never will except if he’s around to pester you about them. Amon Dòòl II are this psychedelic experimental avant-garde chance music free jazz electronic synthesizer space rock group from Germany. They got all kinds of albums out over there, there’s even two groups with the same name, Amon Dòòl I and Amon Dòòl II, but they only got three albums out here and hardly anybody ever heard of ’em, although a whole shitload of people sure will if Doofus keeps up his one-man propaganda campaign on their behalf! They happen to be real good, but that’s beside the point. And Bang and Budgie, his other two pet monomanias, are a couple of Black Sabbath imitations, one from Florida and one from England, one pretty good and one not so hot. So he and this other critic from Texas (also previously mentioned) send big long hate letters back and forth to each other telling each other what morons they are, because the Texan don’t like Budgie or something like that. Get the idea?

>Also I turned Doofus onto Can, another German psychedelic schnozz-ball that has lotsa 17-minute electro-raga jams, and he listens to one side of their album one time and sez to me: “Don’t you think Can are better than the Stooges?” See what I mean? When all week he’s been asking me things like, “Don’t you think Amon Dòòl II are the greatest group in history?” and “Don’t you think Dance of the Lemmings (one of their albums, featuring such standards as “Dehypnotized Toothpaste,” “Landing in a Ditch,” and “A Short Stop at the Transylvanian Brain Surgery”) is the greatest album of all time?” and I keep saying no, but he won’t take no for an answer, he’s a man with a Plan! A crusader on behalf of Neglected Genius. So you see the key: persistence. Make a total nuisance of yourself, and people will begin to take you seriously. Or at least stop regarding you as not there. And if he wants to continue on this obscuro roller-coaster ride, there are zillions of German bands: Take Guru Guru or Floh de Cologne, for example—these qualify as two of the finest choices in the Arcane Masterpiece department in history, indeed they do, because both are imports and you can’t even find a single Floh de Cologne or Guru Guru album anywhere in the United States except by ordering it special from Germany! So nobody knows what it sounds like so they gotta listen to Doofus. So as you can see Doofus copped himself a real hot item, but chances like that come only once in a lifetime.

>disproportionate praise from people who know fuck all about jazz
coltrane was a massive sun ra fan
in fact he said he was thinking specifically of john gilmore when he recorded chasin the trane

>They happen to be real good, but that’s beside the point.

Sums up this poseurcore shite perfectly, the anti-poseurs are just as bad as supposed poseurs.

lol

BRB downloading Bang and Budgie albums.

Also Budgie are from Wales not England. Who's the fucking doofus now EH? WEHJWJFASIOPZDfoaskodf ?EDFO AS?DA ??W ?RSDF? DF??SF? ?SDF? ASF? /

What? Bangs is pretty anti-poser here, basically talking about how people overrate obscure bands just because they're obscure, because a certain type of person likes to imagine themselves discovering unknown masterpieces. It happens, but not often. Every krautrock group is hardcore overrated.

you're a sheep and a fucking fool

meant forsorry senpai

I understood that, my point is that people who are posing are few and far between, I think most of these people just enjoy the music. And it is good music, idk why anyone worries themselves with this crap. Seems just as pretentious as the cunts that like bands because they're obscure.
>Every krautrock group is hardcore overrated.
wrong btw.

>I'm just trying to save these kids from humiliation, user

You do realize that only an extremely tiny portion of the human population listens to any of the albums that are posted on this thread, right?

All of this is accurate sans TMR

>tfw Ryo Fukui died this year and NOBODY talked about it

>wrong btw.
Yes they are

this is great