>hardcore punk
>(acid) house
>madchester
>alternative rock
>noise pop
>dream pop
>post-disco
>synthesizer soundtracks

Nah it got cool to like again. It's probably uncool soon again or something.

the 80's have changed

I mean, every generation had its shitty music, just remember that a bunch of bands released a lot of excellent stuff, in some cases their best material, in the 80s including:
>Big Black
>Minutemen
>Fugazi
>Sonic Youth
>Swans
>Glenn Bracca
>David Bowie
>King Crimson
>Minor Threat
>Black Flag
>Rites of Spring
>Kate Bush
>Joy Division
>Wire
>Daniel Johnston
>Arthur Russell
>Talk Talk
>Frank Zappa
>The Cure
>Dinosaur Jr

and many many others

So yeah, there was a lot of shitty hair metal and overly produced pop music, but if you really look into 80s music you'll find a lot of excellent stuff.

>2000s
>everyone says the '80s was shit
>it's my favorite decade for music
>2010s
>everyone is trying to sound '80s

I wonder when people will start hating it again. For the time being, I'm a happy man.

Last decade people were praising was the 70s and nobody is really shitting on the 70s now. So maybe the 80s hate is over.

Don't Forget Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, and Thomas Dolby

perfect age for rock rebels

this. a lot of the mainstream stuff sucked, but you had the genesis for tons of underground genres that produced incredible music.

them too definitely

And R.E.M.

but have the 80s changed since the 80s

The 80s are underrated as fuck among both normies and music fans alike. Compared to the 60s, 70s, and 90s which literally get endless dickriding, the 80s get no love and are often brushed off as being dated, gaudy, and forgettable. I guess the reason for this is because most of the good/innovative stuff from the 80s is stuff like which I would argue are mostly unpopular/niche genres (save for hip hop and alt rock obviously).

Even 80s synthpop catches too much shit. People can't look past the admittedly dated synths and reverbed drums, and as a result feel disdain towards basically everything that charted in the mid to late 80s regardless of songwriting quality. I legitimately had someone tell me that they didn't like Kate Bush because of how the drums were produced.

I'm glad the 80s are experiencing a revival.

2010s is the nostalgia era because of hipsters, thus we have 80s and 90s.

The grunge wave killed hair metal, be thankful it isn't back.

>David Bowie
Debatable

80's DB was shit generally, "Let's Dance" was annoyingly shallow compared to his earlier material.

Those are all shit minus alt rock.

There was a lot of garbage, and a lot of great stuff too. The problem is the bad stuff gets really bad and it sticks out.

Honestly, at its best, 80's Pop is my favorite genre and I don't give a shit.

The early and late 80s were great, but the mid-80s were fucking awful

>What sticks out about the mid 80s?

nothing

This , everything about fucking this.

>nostalgia era

At the current state of the shithole that is this world, we're going to be feeling nostalgia quiet a lot going forward.

>latter era smiths, pixies, and sonic youth
>rain dogs
>the peak of thrash metal
>beginnings of gothic rock
>first wave post rock (talk talk)
>kate goddamn bush
>motherfucking beastie boys
>tons of great noise rock and post punk

Off the top of my head.

stuck between the punk/post-punk/new wave era in the early 80s and the rise of alternative/indie rock in the late 80s. I'm not saying that there wasn't anything good during that time period, but it pales in comparison to the rest of the decade

Swans released (one of) their best album(s).

forgot to mention the golden age of hip hop was in the late 80s as well

All of these artists are dogshit

I'm considering the late 80s to be 1987 (maybe even 1986) and onward, so that would encompass Children of God, Pixies, most Sonic Youth, Spirit of Eden, Paul's Boutique

80's bowie is indeed shit, scary monsters is god-tier though

Scary Monsters is one of his best albums. Let's Dance pales in comparison to his earlier material but it's a solid pop album that gets too much shit.

nobody mentioned this yet?

The mid 80s still had almost all of the Smiths, Master of Puppets + Ride the Lightning, Rain Dogs, Reign In Blood, Hounds of Love, Purple Rain, Let It Be + Tim, Double Nickels on the Dime, Zen Arcade, This Nation's Saving Grace, Skylarking...

I said "tons of great noise rock" which includes this.

This

All of this + synthpop. There's a ton of great 80s synthpop that gets unjustly scorned for being "dated".

Don't forget Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. They released some amazing albums in the mid 80s.

No they didn't
Get taste retard, Nick Cave is dogshit

Kill yourself, faggot.

Nice response

rec me some '80s dream pop lads

Nice response

cocteau twins and galaxie 500s are kings and queens of 80s dream pop

literally every era is the nostalgia era

imgur.com/a/5xEIo#GisyR23

>inb4 muh imgur boogeyman

The Bad Seeds and The Birthday Party are better than your favorite bands. Nick is one of the most consistently good songwriters of the last 35 years. Skeleton Tree is gonna be AOTY.

what the fuck
I hate the 80s from now on.

Best decade in terms of literally everything. Proof me wrong whiteboi