Will he be remembered as the greatest artist of the 10's?

Will he be remembered as the greatest artist of the 10's?

despite being technically critically acclaimed, all positive reviews i've ever read of him read like back-handed compliments. he's always getting clowned on for his lack of self-awareness and cringeworthy lyrics.

he's never really been that respected as an artist, but he's been undeniable as an entertainer.

By some, yes. By most, no. But who cares anyways?

even if we're going down that road, his penis and bro attitude kinda' disqualify him

right now it's looking more like Beyonce

I couldn't name a single one of his songs, and had to check the filename to confirm it was who I thought it was. So no.

No
There will be a musical revolution, a sort of mass patricianing around 2018-2019, and the artists of that wave will be all the 2010s are really known for. Kind of like the 60s now.

I literally only know 2 drake songs

It's hard to say what his legacy will be, because critics finally decided he had peaked and decided to turn against him this year, but they may have bet wrong- he ended up being more popular than ever, setting chart records with Views.

It's kind of hard to justify the way critics dismissed this album as more of the same (even if it is definitely that lyrically), while praising his past stuff, when the production of Views includes beats with African influences, which, like it or not, is not the standard sound in hip hop, and is already having an influence on other artists. One Dance is not only his biggest hit but one of his best songs musically, which is also true of his Rihanna collabs and other Caribbean material on Views, if you can overlook Drake's own shitty vocal contributions. And these sounds are having a huge effect on hip hop and pop as a whole- producers are going beyond an imitation of the "Toronto sound," everyone wants legit Caribbean and African vibes now. Rihanna, actually being Caribbean and having a history of dancehall hits, is more a leader of this than Drake, but Drake latched onto Rihanna to take this sound even deeper into hip hop than it was the past few years with Nicki.

Critics really look like they dropped the ball in praising the past three Drake albums so much and then dismissing Views. They should have only mildly praised him all along, but maintained the same level of praise, because he did keep improving in the area of production, which was already pretty good to start with.

Beyonce s/t is a 9/10 album

only like 15% of the album was dancehall though. the rest is just him rehashing styles he's already done, but with diminishing returns.

plus, ramriddlz started the dancehall wave, not drake.

>beyonce
lmao

It'll be this based motherfucker.

The greatest artist of the 2010s doesn't exist yet

By my money there will be another rebellious youth movement around 2021

Same meme popularity of Kim Jong Un of "Oppai Gundam Style" fame.
Also, poor man's Kanye.

Nope. He won't be remembered 2 years from now. Disposable bubblegum pop.

>greatest artist of the 10's
>over Kanye

You sound stupid as fuck.

Hell nah he hasn't even made a good album. Plebs would probably remember him as the "greatest of all time"

don't fucking make me laugh

will probably be kanye

kanye is unironically the most important artist of the 00s AND the '10s

Kayne and drake are shit, it'll probably be Future or Young Thug for creating the most patrician genre, melodic trap.

I really can't think of anyone else other than Kanye or Drake. Bieber had the late 00's, so he's out. Beyonce is in the business too long to be THE artists of the 2010's. Rihanna?

I'd give Kanye the 00s no doubt, but the 10's is a bit of a stretch. I feel like Kanye has been on a musical decline for the past few years post MBDTF. Pablo felt really messy, and many of Kanyes guest verses on other artists songs are just silly. Feels like he is just a parody these days.