WORST INSTRUMENT EVER

Once and for all we will decide what is the worst instrument

say what you think is the worst and the most popular answers will be put into a strawpoll

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7lkC6U5-_ms
youtu.be/dz8NXcYnVNw?t=1m23s
youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9bPV4A
youtube.com/watch?v=fUjOfsoBhMY
youtube.com/watch?v=RaYvMwQd3cs
youtube.com/watch?v=7Zu7mmMObFE
youtube.com/watch?v=YDjUWH1Ot0o
youtube.com/watch?v=z8CW-KQCvew
youtube.com/watch?v=vF1fDb54Uik
strawpoll.me/11133103
youtube.com/watch?v=t9xlRJbIfmk
youtube.com/watch?v=cKBrnjxlKgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

electric guitar

as a mainstream/serious ionstrument it's the harpisichord, but the mini "home" version called the clavichord is actually ever worser.

The synth

theremin

tympani - it's all boom and no punch. it's goofy af

Some sort of horn.

another vote for electric guitar

but that's wrong user, it's all punch and no boom. the concert bass drum is all boom and no punch

youtu.be/7lkC6U5-_ms

third for electric guitar

synth

singing saw

from the video, the concert bass drum sounds like it just adds a low rumble, so I'd actually say that one is even more useless

it's one of those instruments that you have to be there for. they're impressive. you feel it more than hear it, like thunder, or a decent woman.

That's why you use wooden mallets, you penile pencil

OP HERE

to prevent meme answers you must also give a good reason why it is the worst

Trombone

Bombard.
youtu.be/dz8NXcYnVNw?t=1m23s

Also Vuvuzela is it counts as an instrument and not an annoying toy like a Kazoo or something.

kinda hilarious they made a youtube video about it when what it excels at is exactly what can't be shown via internet video
it still seems super-niche in its uses, so I still stand by what I said

The kazoo

The rear end of America's Uncle Sam after Mexican food.

Bassoonists are literally faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9bPV4A

fair 'nuff. I sat right in front of one of those when i played trumpet in a concert band. it was the best feeling when they'd hit it like that

I changed my answer, if only because I'm listening to The Magic City by Sun Ra right now

just incorrect
youtube.com/watch?v=fUjOfsoBhMY

Man is the worst instrument

Damn dude...

I actually put blame squarely on God

Damn...

Yeah it shines pretty infrequently, and only ever gets one or two moments where it comes through the orchestra (in most songs), but just like cymbals/cymbal crashes, even though it only happens once or twice, the moments it happens in would be way different without its presence (and disappointing. As a saxophone player nothing disappointed me more than a big percussion piece missing a big hit like that. It always made the moment less climatic)

That's horrific

Steel drums. Holy shit they're annoying

no didgeridoo yet?

Euphonium

only annoying when white people play them †bh ƒams

thas racis.

>this post

Not sure what Marimba is doing up there with all that filth. Marimba is top tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=RaYvMwQd3cs

This gets my vote so far.

we don't have safe spaces on /mew/ user

The violin

Not even trolling. It takes a whole bunch of them to sound good.

Shit opinions

i won't even bother

could you elaborate, qualify, and validate your opinion? also, could you offer a counter opinion?

OP HERE

I made this thread because I was thinking to myself that there isn't any instrument I can think of that I actually hate the sound of. Listening to all the things posted now and I can't say I would classify any of these as the worst Instrument ever

Harmonica, thhey always sound squeaky and dissonant and not in a good way

Also suspect no one can actually play it, they're just using their charisma o lyrics or guitar abilities to convice people they are actually making noise any better than a tortured goat

You couldn't be more wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Zu7mmMObFE

harmonica is top tier.

OP HERE

so far these are the instruments that will be on the strawpoll

Bombard
Vuvuzela

I'd say clarinet. Every clarinet player in my high school band sucked. Even the ones who got to districts and states weren't anything special. I can't name a single notable clarinet player or a song where the clarinet is anywhere near the most prominent/memorable instrument in the piece. So yeah based on those things, I'd say clarinet is definitely a contender for worst instrument

guitar or chimes

dude. dave brubeck? benny goodman? come on

the piano. never has there been an instrument with such a bland and uninteresting timbre. rep up for harpsichord, the better sounding piano.

nah, that just sets my teeth on edge

and no discernible skill there, hes just blowin and making a noise

An accordion or harmonium replacing the harmonica there would be cool though

Mayonnaise

Clarinet is the worst :(

There are no good solo works for clarinet

You're just a head in a 100 head orchestra

Girls don't like clarinet players

Only remotely good thing is that you'll ace saxophone easily if you're good with le clarinet

Where the fuck is the accordion or bagpipes, ever tried listening to one of those on their own for more than two minutes?

gusle

strangers on the shore is a good clarinet solo
theres some nice r'n'b clarinet pieces, plenty of classical, and some jazz solos too. A lot of clarinet in jazz work too, alongside saxophone its fairly important

Did Dave Brubeck play clarinet? He's had clarinetists on some albums I guess. Benny Goodman is fair but that's about it. And really my main point was that the field of clarinetists is so full of mediocrity

Melodica

OP HERE

after some serious consideration and self reflection, here is the updated list:

Bombard
Vuvuzela
ukulele
vibraslap
gusle
melodica
electric drums

Soprano saxophone is the objectively correct answer.

Recorder

Cello because guy in High School Musical plays it.

Fuck trumpets.

MUPPAPHONE

keytar

youtube.com/watch?v=YDjUWH1Ot0o

tromboon, P.D.Q. Bach's gift to the world

youtube.com/watch?v=z8CW-KQCvew

Go fuck yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=vF1fDb54Uik

>literally my favorite part

I'd wager the oboe is even worse, even when top notch oboe players play it still sounds like strangling a duck that swallowed helium.

OP HERE

HERE IS THE STRAWPOLL VOTE NOW!

strawpoll.me/11133103
strawpoll.me/11133103
strawpoll.me/11133103
strawpoll.me/11133103
strawpoll.me/11133103

bump

any instrument that only works in certain styles of music

Honestly? Any wind instrument that isn't Trumpet, Saxophone or Trombone

voated

Guitar, because it's obnoxiously overpopular instrument that mostly attracts retards with delusions of grandeur, and hardly anyone is good at it even though it's not that hard

sax is woodwind, trumpet and trombone are brass

nvm, re-read your post and saw that you just said wind, not woodwind specifically. disregard

Shut the fuck up nigger

NEW THREAD
E
W

T
H
R
E
A
D

retard (i.e, guitarist) detected

Agreed. Cuica needs to be purged too, degenerate Brazilian instrument you play by furiously fisting to make it honk and squeak.
youtube.com/watch?v=t9xlRJbIfmk

Really made me think

I make harpsichords, so I'd like to know why. Do you even lute register?

banjo is most certainly the most useless instrument in that picture

youtube.com/watch?v=cKBrnjxlKgU

damn...

Pretty Sup Forums is a shitty instrument

T_T