Have there been any artists from the past 10 years that have created a completely new genre or are so strange that they...

Have there been any artists from the past 10 years that have created a completely new genre or are so strange that they defy classification?

yeah its called vaporwave

Probably Swans somehow

vaporwave is literally just chopped and screwed with 80s pop

not 100% on any of these but I can think of Jai Paul, Clarence Clarity, Death Grips as some that might be

nope

Zheul is considered a different genre, and all Magma did was make a new language and put it into prog rock.A t that point anything goes.

Swans - The Glowing Man

doesn't really have a genre, so that

retard

lol

why the weird frontier of course

Name the genre then dickface

Post-rock

You just classified them you ass.

It's not Post Rock is it though, most of it isn't like Post Rock at all

viper-kill-urself-my-man.jpeg

Yea really we should get around to classifying music like dean blunt's. I think people like oneohtrix point never and james ferraro do fit standard genre classification, even if it varies from release to release.

Dean Blunt fits squarely in experimental/art pop

Death Grips duh

>Stockhausen-lite
>new/good

actually laughed

While yes, it's difficult to exactly what modern Swans "genre" is but there's clearcut influences from styles and genres.

No Wave, Experimental rock, Post-rock, Math rock, Neofolk, Gothic Rock. - all of which are genres that older versions of Swans have been tagged as.

Yes I will agree that the genre of modern Swans is basically just Swans. I don't think any modern bands will have the influence to even attempt the modern Swans style of music, only because it's made from upwards of fourty years of musical influence.

But then it really is its own genre then. Every new genre has to start from mixing other genres and adding something new to them. Only genre I can think of that just came into being is Punk

punk is literally just a subgenre of rock

Punk didn't just come into being. There was proto-punk which sounded a lot like garage rock. You need to hit up rate your music and listen to some lists.

I'm pretty sure that's copy pasta where you just change the last word

Scott Walker

Isn't Vaporwave just a subgenre of Plunderphonics?

yes

>But then it really is its own genre then. Every new genre has to start from mixing other genres and adding something new to them. Only genre I can think of that just came into being is Pasta

Nice meme kiddo

I feel they mixed in more kraut than prog.

Well, maybe that's why they say kraut is german prog