twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no. trv cvlt fans don't give a shit about the world around them

You misspelled autists, OP.

cringe

>REEEE HIPSTER BLACK METAL

mayhem and darkthrone are actually good tho

this triggers anyone that isn't a manchild with shit taste

wtf I hate darkthrone now

No not really. Not my problem you like three solid black metal acts and one pussy-pink wannabe band.

Literally because of the album cover. If I had posted my copy of Roads To Judah or the Demo, would you have complained?

Roads to judah and the demo are fucking garbage as well

Oh my God, what a superior taste in music you have. You can listen to both spectrums of the genre, we're all so impressed with your musical diversity.

Yes. Deafheaven has sucked since their inception. They were playing a style of music that was a spin off only done properly by the few pioneering bands who naturally flowed with it.

I can say that I never had any interest in Deafheaven solely for the fact nothing they have done has been original or appealing to me.

No, because I have a life and you should listen to whatever makes you happy. Why do you care about "triggering" autists? You and those elitists are one and the same, bud. ;)

This nailed it on the head.

I never understood how a band as vacuous and bland as Deafheaven inspired such intense hatred in tr00 kvlt circles.
Like they're so fucking inoffensive in their mediocrity, there's nothing there to latch onto as a reason for passionate feeling one way or the other.

I think the only way to truly be a fan of any genre, black metal included, is to embrace all of what the genre has to offer. One does not need to enjoy every sub division of the genre, but an acceptance of it is important to consider oneself a fan of that genre, to me anyway. For example, I dislike much of the painfully lo-fi black metal out there and I don't much care for most hopeless suicidal black metal. But I accept that those types of black metal are part of the overall spectrum. And I have and always will enjoy groups like Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, and groups like Deafheaven and Alcest. It's all part of the bigger idea and being close minded to new advancements in a genre isn't helping anyone. Also what real fan of music in general wouldn't be interested in a black metal/shoegaze/post-rock band???

1. popularity amongst the sheep, edgy mainstreamers
2. those said mainstreamers calling the album "black metal"
3. those people going up to everyone saying they've loved black metal since they saw burzum play five years ago

Nah you have pretty good taste OP

Shut the fuck up.

The same reason anything makes autists rage. It's the classic "people like a thing I don't understand and that is unacceptable." It's the exact same reason people complain about Justin Beiber and Nickleback.

this only shows me that black metal fans never learned how to hold a pen, and even when they type something they still manage to fuck it up

well it's true

Whats the bottom left shirt? I have a hard time reading black metal

>sunbather

Yes. Boring ass album.

New Bermuda is great though.

Puppies in the Play Pen

Wolves In The Throne Room
New Bermuda sucks. It's basically a metalcore album.

It's some very bizarre and uncharacteristic metalcore then.

I love wearing my Mayhem shirt under my Deafheaven hoodie.

My post was not a neutral statement. It was a pro-Deafheaven post, so good job to you for your reading comprehension skills.

It shouldn't, black metal was and always will be written and recorded by edgy middle class white faggots who were too edgy to enjoy their comfortable middle class existence. Sunbather are literally the same as Mayhem in terms of outlook on life, albeit a little more contemporary and self aware.

***deafheaven fuck me, that album always does that to me. Their so bland and inoffensive that I forget their name half the time.

>u shuld embrace everything
>being close minded is bad
>not neutral
Ok buddy

***they're fuck me, my autism always does that to me. I'm so challenged and spergy that I forget basic English half the time.

I mean, it seems like you're actively and purposefully trying to misunderstand my words, so whatever that's your agenda.

what were the original bands?

>since they saw burzum play five years ago

>that's the joke

youtube.com/watch?v=KEbSCoP_3SA

Doubt it, considering most black metal elitists listen to very obscure stuff and not the usual bands.

High school BM fans tho, yes. They get as triggered as Sunbather fags when someone tells them the record sucks.

apathy isn't kvlt. if those original norwegian nerds didn't care about anything, they wouldn't have bothered to make bands and make their voices heard. they especially wouldn't have been making extreme political and religious statements like church burnings.

Only the Deafheaven album would trigger them

I think trve black metal elitists don't even care about contemporary music and believe it died sometime in the 2000's

Probably, Sunbather is shit anyway

>its pink
>they're hipsters
>the music is just shitty 90s skramz/emo with blastbeats thrown in
>everyone is kissing their ass for being 'original' and 'esoteric' when they're actually just being pretentious and shit
>They're like a blander Liturgy, and Liturgy was always shit too

the album cover is still pink tho, 0/10 music for fags

norwegian black metal is gay as fuck

>le old Deafheaven doesn't have an original sound meme
tell me the names of the bands they copied then. I'd be happy to check them out.

>inb4 you only naming Alcest and saying that there are plenty of others

I think that's the problem, they have no influences. They listened to some black metal when they meant to play a Killswitch Engage song with Leech, but dammit if that Bumbum didn't atmoshit.

yes, when both sides are fucking retarded it's probably a good idea to laugh at their retardedness and be neutral you extremist monster

darkthrone are one of the best 90s black metal bands - its incredible how distilled the 'popular indie is bad' bullshit mantra is in black metal.
its like ppl don't want good respected albums to exist

>extremism is best guyse
>fuck reason
>muh idealism

>"elitists" can't accept the whole spectrum of a genre
>the more well known albums are automatically bad
Hey BM fags you're just as bad as the rest of Sup Forums.

>hipsters
Stop using buzz words, hipsters don't exist.

it's funny seeing how many criticisms of deafheaven's music apply SO MUCH MORE to old school BM bands. Mayhem and Darkthrone were important to the genre but musically they're really not great. As much as you may dislike Deafheaven's sound or image musically they're just way, way better.

i mean it has almost nothing in common with metalcore but ok