I want to appreciate this. Can you tell me what is the main point of this Sup Forums?

I want to appreciate this. Can you tell me what is the main point of this Sup Forums?

It makes you look patrician when you rate this 5 stars on RYM
You can also mute it and let it play in the background so you get those scrobbles on last.fm which also makes you look patrician

To freak out the normies

It pretty much defined what free jazz aimed for artistically in its early years (and often nowadays): raw, unfiltered expression, texture, and a strong emphasis on interplay between soloists. Obviously, these things are the album's "point" as well.

>it's so experimental!!!!
t. RYM poseur

this
>texture
nice buzzword

Free Jazz and Experimental are two different things. It's just a good jazz record, like a lot of other Ayler's.

What is your problem man, you don't even have to know any previous jazz to enjoy SU. It's got very passionate sax improvisations and magical, naive melodies. It's just as beautiful as it is 'experimental'.

it's catchy and fun

but in this case it's not a buzzword at all... the rhythm section isn't doing rhythm, it's doing texture.

ITT: retards get assblasted at one of the shortest and easiest jazz albums of all time.

Free Jazz was well defined before 1965 you retard

Which free jazz album sounded like SU before SU?

Basically he was a nut

>easiest jazz albums of all time
Objectively false. Jesus you're posing as much as these other dudes.

Ayler is a nut child. He's fantastic.

>I don't like it, therefore everyone is only pretending to enjoy it

KEK'd af

Not really. It's very innocent music and light music. Ghosts has a very easily recognizable and soft melody. This was the first jazz album I ever listened to, and it's what got me into jazz in the first place. I honestly don't even understand how anyone can play the "le elitist card" on this album, even though it's very popular and well-received, both inside and outside of the jazz community.

>basic music theory terminology
>buzzword
jesus christ

>I honestly don't even understand how anyone can play the "le elitist card" on this album
Play this to anyone and you will know instantly. It's on the harder end of the spectrum as far as jazz accessibility goes, as with most, if not all, free jazz.

>This was the first jazz album I ever listened to
No. You didn't listen to jazz, indeed you listened to "Poseurcore".

listening to ayler play is basically like riding a rollercoaster. his playing takes so many twists and turns and there's so much unfiltered joy in there. i remember the first time i heard it it almost made me dizzy with excitement and wonder.
that's it, really. they respond and play off each other well, but the whole thing is basically a hyper joyful and impassioned saxophone solo.

>It's on the harder end of the spectrum as far as jazz accessibility goes
No, it isn't. It's one of the most popular and well received albums of all time (both inside and outside of the jazz community). It's is generally very laid back, and has a very easy melody. I feel like I'm repeating myself here.

Epic meme. Albert Ayler is totally not true jazz, right? That's why he wasn't universally accepted by fellow players from the bebop scene.

>itt plebs trying to convince themselves that music they're too impatient or limited to get is a big conspiracy to make them feel unsophisticated
t. embryos

Yeah. This.

oh, please
saying Ayler isn't accessible is like saying the same about Merzbow
Merzbow is literally the most popular and accessible noise artist there is

Damn...

what?

I don't listen to jazz and just cant find what is the deal with this album? I listened to it and it sounds generic like all the jazz there is.

This album is literally
>Easy Melody > Middleschool Jazz Band Warming Up > Easy Melody > ...

? Literally no other jazz album I've heard sounds like this. Could you elaborate?

>sounds generic like all the jazz there is
Get the fuck out you fucking pleb shit.

not listening to jazz means your brain is shit at understanding the nuances in it

Simply epic

It's basically an even softer Kenny G

worst bait i have ever seen

I don't know what is there to say. I constantly search and listen to different music and just find jazz generic and this album doesn't really does it for me either.
Spotted the jazz fedora turbopleb.
I'm sure you dont even have the concentration to listen to classical or avant-garde music so fuck off with your affirmative action genre.
Well to be honest there is really small difference in it.

bait detected

>your brain on jazz
Literal retards who can't argue to save their life

>thinking this would work

Fucking kek'd

Work what? I already saw that people who listen to jazz can't even make a whole sentence

Bunch of nigger lovers

Yep

>It's one of the most popular and well received albums of all time
Which has NOTHING to do with how a general public would perceive the record. Same argument goes for the Trout Mask Replica debacle that spams this board daily.

It's great, light, childish, and furiously unaccessible for 99% of humanity.

TRIGGERED

except Ayler isn't the most popular free jazz artist out there, ornette coleman and john coltrane's free jazz are far more popular

Was this inspired by my Coltrane free jazz thread from last night?

Best years of Coltrane.

I posted about the olatungi concert, is his other stuff from that period as good/chaotic?