OFFICIAL WOMEN'S FA CUP FINAL MATCH THREAD

It's Arsenal v Chelsea at Wembley.

Warning: will contain scenes of sport so objectively bad they may cause permanent sight damage.

Kick-off at 2:00pm UK time. Coverage now on BBC One.

Arselel: Van Veenendaal, Scott, Stoney, Henning, Mitchell, Nobbs, Williams, Losada, Carter, Oshoala, Smith.
>Subs: Byrne, Williamson, Janssen, Van De Donk, Natalia.

Lelsea: Lindahl; Blundell, Bright, Flaherty, Borges; Chapman, Spence; Davison, Ji, Carney; Kirby.
>Subs: Spencer, Fahey, Aluko, Rafferty, England.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_WSL_1
youtube.com/watch?v=M4lXthHJUw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lmfao womens football, what a joke

go back to the kitchen you mongs

good thread

How many tickets have been sold?

->that empty as fuck stadium

Why even bother hosting it at Wembley, if the upper stands are going to be empty?

>muh equality

Everything must be equal even if it is detrimental to women

this is why women footballers will never get paid as much as men

yet they go on about muh wage gap like it fucking means anything. jesus christ 50% of the world is seriously retarded

Kirby, Aluko and Carney are good players desu

Legit surprised there's a match thread

Fucking disgrace to Americanise the anthem

You would have thought some 'cockneys' would turn up in the hope of seeing their club actually win something this year.

The amount of misogyny in this thread is really worrying, I know it's Sup Forums and all but you guys don't really hate the female gender, do you? Females absolutely deserve to earn the same amount as men, they do the same thing, no? Kick a ball around and try to score, they do the same thing thus they should earn the same.

God Save the Queen is such shit.

mate there are no girls on Sup Forums there's no need to try so hard to get laid through here

Arsenal are playing a 37 year old woman up front

I know this is b8 but no. It's supply and demand simple economics- as evidenced by the 1/4 full stadium there's not a demand for womens football, so they don't deserve as much money.

>they
no gb women players expect to get equal wages with gb men. You can see why US internationals might bitch about it though, because they actually win.

Rule Britannia should be the anthem tbqhwyf

Would a Sup Forums XI beat the winner of this game?

>Record attendance
>They finally managed to fill up the first few rows

Only watching to see someone score a sick own goal.

I'm a rabid SJW and my hobby is to watch Sup Forumsfags and male supremicists bitch and cry on Sup Forums about getting BTFO by the modern world.

This should be a fun thread.

Does america even have a women's league?

easily

Pacey lads at the back. Tall lads at the front. Bang it up field to win corners and head them at the goal. We can grab a goal eventually. What's the average height of a women's team, 5'9?

Why not? What other other stadium can the FA use to maximise profits?.

Use you noggin, lad.

Most likely.

>black player
>telling everyone they're 10 years younger than they are
No surprises there.

15 year old Americans can beat the US womens team, I think we'll win easily m8

>yet they go on about muh wage gap like it fucking means anything. jesus christ 50% of the world is seriously retarded
Do they? Not seen any English footy lass argue the case they should be paid the same as the men.

>onside
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

If only that black girl had a bit of pace

EASILY on side and the defence doesn't give Chase? Holy Fuck. If the ref wasn't dogshit that would have been an easy goal.

>Would a Sup Forums XI beat the winner of this game?
Fat fuck autists whose only participation in he sport is twiddling their thumbs?

No.

nice projection senpai

Best tactic would be to play possession. Force them to press to try and win the ball back, and tire them out. Then hit on the counter in the second half.

>you now remember England got 3rd at the world cup
>still no one cares about womens football

suicide watch

Don't deny it. Plus, you pakis are more into creekit.

>that hilarious last minute OG

that's why no one cares

Every play so far this game can be described as ???. Every pass, touch etc is legit confusing

>lobbing your own keeper
Funniest football moment I've seen tbf.

>at 5'10" will be a danger at set pieces

Kek

Genuinely think I'd be able to hold my own on a pitch with these lot. They're technically much better than me (though still a long way from male pros), but I'm pretty sure I could just use my added size/strength to bully them out of the game.

Best tactic is to make it physical imo. That's what happened when my U16 team started playing in men's leagues - we were much better than them technically, so they started kicking the shit out of us, making us angry and hurt, at which point we'd start to make mistakes. Just make sure you get as much player as ball whenever you make a tackle, and they wouldn't be able to handle it.

Makes me wonder if they had good managers if they'd actually get somewhere. Apart from stuff like them just being generally slow, I refuse to believe that the reason they misplace every pass is because they're a woman.

How often do they even train? Don't they still get their wages from the FA too?

>5'10 is going to be a danger here
Is this for real?

just noticed that this is the first time the new chelsea kit is on show

It was quintessential England 2bh

Think they've been playing with that kit for a while now

It's because they're mostly semi-pro.

The quality probably would improve if it was fully professional.

Even a shit manager can teach them that punting a ball at your mates chest from 3yds is a poor choice of a pass.

It's relative. They aren't playing against fucking lanklet men are they?

The top division is all pro now, they train as much as the men they are just shit at it compared to men

You are now aware that Chelsea ladies is in the CL while the male team is not even in EL.

I think that too. The bar for actually becoming a womens footballer just seems so low. If the clubs paid them according to their skill maybe some of them would make an effort to actually get good.

You know when some kid relative comes up to you and shows you something absolutely fucking stupid, but you just say "That's nice" and praise them anyway? I honestly think that's what these managers must be like.

Who would be the best manager to scream at them and tell them to stop being so stupid?

Apples and potatoes.

>The top division is all pro now
Wrong

>The WSL 1 currently consists of nine clubs and the season is played over the summer months.[16] Initially the league was described as professional, with the top four players on each team being paid an annual salary in excess of £20,000.[17] However, in November 2010 it was confirmed that the WSL will be semi-professional, with only a "handful" of top players full-time.[18] Club's annual wage bills will be approximately one-tenth of those in the American WPS.[18] The FA envisage that the league will become fully professional in future, should it prove successful

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_WSL_1

They need to get rid of these commentators who act like they are best buds with all the players

Impossible to take seriously

Shit players and shit players.

How the fuck can they attract enough attention to go pro? Is it even on telly?

G O A T G O A L
O
A
T
G
O
A
L

the state of that marking

Not bad

On BT sport

youtube.com/watch?v=M4lXthHJUw4

CUURRVE TELLAY

iirc the top players are all pro now, and I assume their funding comes from some sort of national governing body because I'm sure they don't bring enough revenue in to fund it themselves. It's a bit like disabled sport, where they get lots of funding for no real reason other than equality. I'm studying sport psychology and am looking for opportunities in pro sport (although I'll probably give up because it's a shit career) - there's lots of opportunities in women's and disabled sport because of their funding, but none at pro football clubs lower than the Championship, even if they're getting 10-20k people turning up each week, because they can't afford those support staff.

I could do that against a 5'5 keeper to be fair. I work with a lad who is 6'5 and he sometimes plays on weekends. I can't even imagine what he would do in the box.

>1 on 1 with the keeper
>shoots at the byline
literally why

This slag commentator is fucking awful

>lel they're shit they can't do anything
>bird runs down the left wing, beats three and curls it into the far corner from 25 yards
>i-i could do that

What really happened
>player 1 vs 5 and no one bothered trying to pressure her

I could though.... against women

if you played even a little football you'd realise that what she did was piss easy

...on my vidya

Id rather watch the league 1 play offs tbqh

BBC are fucking cancer

For many many years I've watched millionaires panic, lean back and hoof it over the bar from the same position, so no.

Murdoch, pls go.

Abolish the license and they'll be dead in a month. Shit company holding everyone hostage with their shit fees.

Got this on until the Barca game desu

When they're given a split second to make a decision not when everyone is standing off and giving you all the time and the space in the world to do whatever you want

This is nervewracking. Why do they look so uneasy on the ball?

Goal is too big for that keeper

Bit unfair

Bollocks they would. Move to a subscription based service and/or commercial organisation and they'd survive

>Shit company holding everyone hostage with their shit fees.
You mean the Government, you thick cunt?

Can't be critical of the players at all. Sure you don't have to go mental at them, but don't praise shit moves please.

We can't abolish it because "who would have given people like David Attenburough his start?" I could probably buy everything I watch in a year on the BBC on Bluray and it'd cost me about 40 quid.

For now they still have those 1/2 good documentaries a year that they can use as an excuse to run strictly for the rest of the year.

>all these unintentional layoffs where a player has to save their teammates fuck ups

>run strictly for the rest of the year.
You mean for a few months at the end of the year?

Stop exaggerating, you meff.

Oh ok sorry Strictly near christmas. Then Masterchef, Celebrity Masterchef, Professional Masterchef, The Apprentice, Eastenders, The Voice, etc

Huge waste of money.

>tfw not even watching the match just reading the thread for bants

same

as if I'd ever poison my brain with women's football

>if i only pick the programs i don't like, it will validate my view the bbc is shit and wastes money.

How is this not a handball? Literally touched both hands outside the box.

>The Voice
They've lost that to ITV. You've got a point though.

Same. I mean, silly girls playing a manly game like football? What could possibly go right??

It's fun. You're never far off some fucking howler occurring.

I do find it funny that people genuinely pay money for a TV license

NEWSFLASH: THE INTERNET EXISTS

>as if I'd ever poison my brain with women's football

You remember when that woman linesman gave offside for a throw in lads?

This s/pol/ raging is fucking ridiculous. The women's cup final has been on TV for at least 25 years and nobody was claiming some international sjw conspiracy and demanding the closure of the BBC.

haha nice response bro!

you fucking pathetic cretin

£145 is pretty much peanuts and why the fuck would I want to watch TV on a proxy 15" laptop screen?

Watching TV is the only hobby aged 30+ people have.